• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

how long it takes for alcohol to leave system?

internalcrisis

Greenlighter
i stopped taking olanzapine cold turkey in march and i dont use it nowdays.. and was wondering how long does it take for alcohol to leave system completely and is safe to use an anti psychotic medication without destroying my organs/liver? i drank like a bottle and a half of red and white wine everyday for a few days since beginning of september and casually a glass or two every few days in august 20th-31st.

i want to take zyprexa again because i have been having aweful insomnia the past month and generally i want to try out meds to see which one works for me the best.
i want to try seroquel next time i have a visit with my psychiatrist.

my worst problem with the anti psychotics i tried is that i feel like im in a vegetative state of mind and have zero emotions and zero motivation to get my crap together and live a normal life.
oh and weight gain.

i am diagnosed with schizophrenia btw

im sorry if you see my threads often and they are all annoying

UPDATE: october 1st 2021: i am sleeping better and fall asleep faster. im taking 5mg olanzapine

Last edited:
Hi. Alcohol should have metabolized all out of your body in 24 hours.

Wondering why everyone wants to jump onto anti-psychotic medication to get a little bit of shut eye. What happened to kratom, kava, weed, melatonin...et al.

Your going to take a drug that " puts you in a vegetative state, having zero emotions, and make you gain weight" and you expect to get your life together? Come again ?

Last edited:
as someone who is diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia yes i guess
as much as i dislike APs
yes weed is a nice option but on the other hand you smoke too much until you cant sleep without it so imo its not worth the outcome anymore

as someone who is diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia yes i guess
as much as i dislike APs
yes weed is a nice option but on the other hand you smoke too much until you cant sleep without it so imo its not worth the outcome anymore
Ok gotcha. Didn't know you had a diagnoses. Just thought you were looking for a sleep aid.

Good luck.

thanks :) i edited my post and added that i am diagnosed with schizphrenia haha so people wont think i am a regular person who wants to do APs lolol :p

thanks :) i edited my post and added that i am diagnosed with schizphrenia haha so people wont think i am a regular person who wants to do APs lolol :p
Okay hon. Hope you get some answers and of course you are a regular person. Even regular people need help here and there so having a mental issue means you just need a little extra help. From what I hear the Seroquel will help you get a good nights sleep and since you have a diagnoses I'm sure you will get it. Kind of surprised you don't have a script for it already.

Okay hon. Hope you get some answers and of course you are a regular person. Even regular people need help here and there so having a mental issue means you just need a little extra help. From what I hear the Seroquel will help you get a good nights sleep and since you have a diagnoses I'm sure you will get it. Kind of surprised you don't have a script for it already.
lolz i also forgot to mention that i went cold turkey in march and i dont use any APs nowdays... if that makes sense why i would drink so often which i shouldn't have if i was on APs and worry about destroying my organs💀