• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How long is too long without sleep with amphetamines?

shadowstryker

Bluelighter
Okay, so I know people who use amphetamines a lot recreationally, especially methamphetamine, go long periods of time without sleep but how long is too long before your health is a risk? I've been up quite a while without any sleep, and come tomorrow morning I'll be at like 55+ hours. I'm not doing this recreationally though, I have insomnia from a heroin habit (not currently using) which is what started this. After that sleepless night I've been involved in a competition which I've been using adderall or vyvanse to stay awake, and I don't feel tired at all. I don't think I could sleep if I could, but based on emotions and how I'm feeling I know I've just gotten a false sense of energy from somewhere (the amphetamines wore off hours ago). Anyway, I guess I'm asking.this because I've also got a resting heart rate of 110bpm which isn't good for sure. I don't know, it's just been a while without sleep so I'm curious...

I should also mention when I say 55+ hours of no sleep, I should also say I only got 2 hours of sleep and went an additional 23 hours with no sleep before that. Previous to that sleep was fine though.

You answered it. False sense of energy. Been up going on 55 hours, so your at least close to 48 hours. You may not be having delusions or hearing things or parinoia , but they are right around the corner. This would be a safe cut off point. Continuing to stay up could be causing brain damage and let's not forget, you are really taxing your heart. Try taking an over the counter antihistamine like diphenhydramine or Doxylamine (which is the smoother of the two) chamomile tea, warm milk and valerian root( which you can also buy at the grocery or drug store) will all help you sleep. I'd locate the valerian root first, but everything I listed will help bring you down and to sleep. Just a reminder, you are in the danger zone. shadowstryker brings up a gteat point about the melatonin. That will help out greatly.

Last edited:
You answered it. False sense of energy. Been up going on 55 hours, so your at least close to 48 hours. You may not be having delusions or hearing things or parinoia , but they are right around the corner. This would be a safe cut off point. Continuing to stay up could be causing brain damage and let's not forget, you are really taxing your heart. Try taking an over the counter antihistamine like diphenhydramine or Doxylamine (which is the smoother of the two) chamomile tea, warm milk and valerian root( which you can also buy at the grocery or drug store) will all help you sleep. I'd locate the valerian root first, but everything I listed will help bring you down and to sleep. Just a reminder, you are in the danger zone. shadowstryker brings up a gteat point about the melatonin. That will help out greatly.

Really sucks to hear that because I need to stay up another night, but I know it's true. I'm chilling watching a movie right now and it's like my heart is sore from beating so hard.

My heart is better now, and I read that people can go without sleep for over 60 hours so I guess i reallyshouldn't be too worried.

My heart is better now, and I read that people can go without sleep for over 60 hours so I guess i reallyshouldn't be too worried.

Sure, people can stay awake even longer, iirc you can stay up for a whole week before you drop dead, but that doesn't mean that it's good for you. We have to sleep for a reason.
Listen to what Speed King said. And don't forget to stay hydrated and eat enough.

Edit: I was wrong, there've been reports about people staying awake for longert then a week. But they didn't abuse amphetamines.
My point is, stop now and get some rest.

Last edited:
See, it ain't me babe. Do you see my name. I'd stay up for a week if I could. The fact that you posted my heart is sore, answers it right there. No need to fuck your heart up for whatever. I found that if you technically can't fall asleep, but go through the motions, like lye there, try not to think too much, if at all and close your eyes, that is giving your body a break. The mind slows down, the heart slows down, you chill by giving your brain a rest. It's not as good as deep sleep, but it's better then nothing. Way better then nothing. A break is a break. Get up , have a healthy snack, find some cal/mag/zink tablets( I think magnesium is the main one) drink a Gatorade, you have offically given yourself as healthy as your going to get rest. Do that for a few hours, get up and do your thing. All my opinion. For future reference, get a little speed survival pack. Most everything mentioned in earlier posts and source yourself some benzodiazepines and maybe a few Seroquel, for when you really need to go to sleep and any other pharmacuticals that may help(no alpha or beta blockers) Also what Kleinerkiffer said, which I'm sure you already know, drink fluids. Eat a potato chip. The fluids are near or at the top of the important list.

The longest I ever stayed up with no sleep was 6 days. That was in the midst of an IV cocaine run. At that point, I literally did a shot, it lasted maybe a minute (depleted dopamine completely by that point), I sat on couch and passed out for about 2 days.

It's not very healthy. Wouldn't recommend it at all.

See, it ain't me babe. Do you see my name. I'd stay up for a week if I could. The fact that you posted my heart is sore, answers it right there. No need to fuck your heart up for whatever. I found that if you technically can't fall asleep, but go through the motions, like lye there, try not to think too much, if at all and close your eyes, that is giving your body a break. The mind slows down, the heart slows down, you chill by giving your brain a rest. It's not as good as deep sleep, but it's better then nothing. Way better then nothing. A break is a break. Get up , have a healthy snack, findosome cal/mag/zink tablets( I think magnesium is the main one) drink a Gatorade, you have offically given yourself as healthy as your going to get rest. Do that for a few hours, get up and do your thing. All my opinion. For future reference, get a little speed survival pack. Most everything mentioned in earlier posts and source yourself some benzodiazepines and maybe a few Seroquel, for when you really need to go to sleep and any other pharmacuticals that may help(no alpha or beta blockers) Also what Kleinerkiffer said, which I'm sure you already know, drink fluids. Eat a potato chip. The fluids are near or at the top of the important list.
Thankfully I was able to catch a couple hours of sleep, so I'm feeling much better now. I don't keep a speed survival pack because I don't really use stims that much (other than coke when I'm in the mood), and typically I do have heroin/benzos on hand always but I'm hurting for money currently. This bout of non-sleep is purely out of necessity for the competition I'm currently involved in, it's definitely not recreational so I don't feel like it necessitates stocking up on stuff for future stim use.

The longest I ever stayed up with no sleep was 6 days. That was in the midst of an IV cocaine run. At that point, I literally did a shot, it lasted maybe a minute (depleted dopamine completely by that point), I sat on couch and passed out for about 2 days.

It's not very healthy. Wouldn't recommend it at all.
I used to do quite a bit of coke but i haven't come across any since I started IVing dope. Or, rather, I always take dope over coke. I've certainly heard a great deal about how amazing it is though. Typically I'm not a big stim guy though, so I'm not used to tweaking for days at a time without sleep. I see the appeal though.

What are you like 12?
I'm just a downers guy stuck sleepless on stims worried about his health. Or, I'm sorry, is this not a harm reduction site? I'm glad to see you're such a helpful and productive member of Bluelight.

I highly recommend looking into guided meditation. You can find videos on youtube.. ideally one lasting an hour or so that focuses on breathing technique.

My personal longest awake experience was somewhere around 70 hours, which didn't lead to bad side-effects, yet at other times, I start to see things in the corners of my eyes and what not after as little as 24 hours. It depends on many factors together, I guess. You can't simply draw a line in hours from where it'd be your limit. Just try to feel what your body's telling you.