• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long in between morphine doses should one wait?

DilaDil

Greenlighter
Hello. I am new to this website so not sure which thread this would be appropriate with, so I'm not sure what the appropriate thread would be...
But anyway, I am curious if one took 100 mg of parachuted SR morphine on a Tuesday, how long would they have to wait to take another 100 mg without risking overdose or any negative effects? Person has little tolerance, with only twice a week use, and still feels what he perceives as lingering morphine effects about 20 hours later, but may well just be placebo. Thanks again for any responses!

Welcome to Bluelight. If you are still feeling some effects after about 20 h, I would wait one more day before redosing that much. especially if your tolerance is sort of low. I think ideally the usage (recreationally?) would be best only once a week, that's what I do and that has pretty much kept my tolerance in check.

100 is too high for you imho. Honestly, if u can handle 100 without ODing, you should take 60mg in your butt. And smoke weed after the liquid has soaked into your butt veins. You will be soo much more high if u do it right. Sadly u will likely become a daily user sooner or later, most humans cannot plug morphine and just walk away. Orally probably, but anally, well thats a lot closer to IV use.

100mg's is a pretty high dose for someone with no tolerance even taken orally. As Morphine SR's last about 8-12 hours depending on the brand and crushing doesn't defeat all the time release id say wait atleast a day and dose lower. Too much Morphine will make you spew your guts up like crazy and i have seen long term Dilaudid and Heroin users puke from it as it is rather bad for causing that.

I would wait 8 hours to redose to avoid adverse effects,.but it depends on your metabolism.. I'd wait a few days/weeks to redose to avoid dependency.

Wow am I really pleased by how many responses I got! I took the advice and waited a day. Thank you all for the great responses and I'm excited to ask further questions. :)