View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

how long have you guys stored lsd in your room or non refrigerated area

drdremacdre

Bluelighter
i know moisture light and heat deteriorate lsd but what if i wrap it and leave it in a dark drawer for a few weeks would that be fine?

As long as it's in a cool dark place it'll be fine for potentially years. It doesn't need to be refrigerated.

A couple of years!
No degradation at room temp? Care to explain your storage methods? I've had mine stored at room temp in foil, inside a baggie, inside a mason jar for quite some time... but I have to wonder if there is a better way to store it at room temp.

What I referenced is when I would keep them mainly in a basement with a dehumidifier. Just placed normally in a bag enclosed in a pill bottle away from light. During this time I also had a mouisture absorbers placed in the pill bottle under the bag. There wasn't any noticeable degradation during this time.

I'll have to add some desiccant, I know I have some laying around here somewhere.

Chhh duh you act like I've never hidden in your closet and watched you before...oh wait I mean...,uh never mind!8o:sus:
That explains an awful lot :|

Do you know if there are any types of desiccant that are unsafe for use in storing tabs? I feel like I read somewhere that certain desiccants aren't good for storing psychedelics and other edible things.

And congrats on 4k posts, you are now an honored elder ;)

Not that I know of really as long as their not physically touching the blotters it shouldn't be a problem as far I know!

Oh my gosh! Yes I feel it! The power of four thousand posts endowing me! I think I can fly(that may just be the drugs talking again though...!). I also can't believe I didn't notice and now in a second when I post this it will all be over, ahh I already feel the crash coming!

People vastly overrate the fragility of LSD. People have tripped hard on doses from the original Sandoz Delysid vials from the early 60s. So in an amber glass with dessicant and in a cool dry place it will probably outlive you. In a desk drawer it will be good for a long time, noticeable degredation only after a few years probably (IME) but placebo effect may play a role. I once had some great doses which had been kept, forgotten about, in someone's car glovebox for a pretty extended period of time, and were actually visibly discolored but still a powerful trip. YMMV though. But don't be too paranoid about keeping LSD in less than laboratory conditions for a few weeks/months. It'll be fine.

Just to add, I have traveled with LSD in a rucksack kept in a van that would reach over 30-35 Celsius easily each day for over 20 days with no loss in potency.

I didn't even think about storage life. Feel like I need to take them all now ?

Lol I've kept lsd In my room for over a year when I had a drug collection but then I ran out of money so started selling my collection

Wrapped in foil, inside a capsule, inside a baggie, inside an airtight glass jar, with desiccant, I've stored LSD for over two years in a (mostly) cool but dry closet at room temperature with no loss in potency. I list all that stuff because it's what I have, but I'm willing to bet the airtight container is all that's really necessary.