• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How long have YOU been on amphetamines and what dose?

Prescribed: dexamfetamine 30 mg per day (3 x 10 mg) for 5 years

Unprescribed: methamphetamine 0.5 - 1.0 g per 24 hours, 1x per week or every other week, for 6 months with occasional longer breaks and occasional longer binges.

Reactions: CFC
How long you been on your amphetamines and what dose?
Prescription amphetamines from pharmacy, since 2016,Elvanse(Vyvanse) 70mg on the morning and attentin(dexedrine IR) 10mg 2 tablets on about 2 on the day.... So its like if you just convert the attentin to lisdexamphetamine, ill have two 70mg Elvanse in day.. Because Elvanse 70mg is on dexamphetamine sulphate 20.8mg... And those baggy amphetamines ive used since 1997,.....because I had to medicate my adhd from it because then doctors didnt know about adhd like nothing.. It was called MBD before it was adhd.... Minimun brain damage

First try; 14 years ago. 2nd 9 years. 3rd 8.. and so on.. anyway. FIrst (amp) habit about 5 years ago. Proably not mich more than a point or even just a few tokes. Fairly regular couple times a week or whatever.

Leading up to 2017 I used some meth, but not habitually til that summer 3 years ago. Couple points a day.

Stopped mostly after that, some on/off use. Point, maybe 2. Rely infrequent barring last fall there was a month, more regular. Half the days maybe, few tokes or a pojnt or whatever. Never had much.

December used 2 points over a day or 2.

January on.. few stints detoxing, dried out at a buddies for 2-3 days (meth anyway). Almost every day. Couple points usually but up to half G.

Starting early April. Every day. 2-3 points. Managed to scale that down for a short period recently and back up again... today probably 3 by the end.

I have been taking for 1.5 years 25 mg dexedrine twice daily.

Anyone else?

Dexedrine is the only thing that helps for my depression. But my brother who also takes lower dose has read on pubmed that these are bad neurotoxins and got me scared to the point where I have to quit. I am not yet ready to quit. I take rexulti, trintellix, klonopin and yet none of them helps depression. Those I wanna quit. Also on suboxone. That is why I ask how long others have been on amps.

I have never read any scientific articles saying prescription level dosages of amps like dekedrine are “bad neurotoxins”. I’d like to read the articles

You should probably clarify what it is you're asking zagor. It sounds like you're asking for input from people who are legitimately prescribed the drug as a standard medication (eg for ADHD), as opposed to the other 97% who take it recreationally, usually in binges, and without any controlled parameters?
The two things are not mutually exclusive

My impression is that use before the age of 20 (22?) makes things worse, the use of high doses and the intensity of onset (smoked, IV, a bit less so nasal).

Medicinal doses of stims appear to be physically pretty benign. Nobody can reliably say anything about the mental side yet I guess. You just can't decouple things but again using them as tools appears to be less taxing than if you use them to get reward(?).

But I am atypical in that I don't build unlimited tolerance. 18mg concerta + 150mg DXM worked for 6 months or so, had to stop because of some weird angina pectoris like symptoms. Don't combine DXM with NDRIs, amph sounds stronger but is less heavy!

But also I don't want to say they go without any price. Had my blue days after meth too.

My understanding is that neurotoxicity arises through / or in conjunction with increase in brain temperature - so it becomes an issue when you are overamped and overheating. Which arises only in recreational dosage levels.

You should probably clarify what it is you're asking zagor. It sounds like you're asking for input from people who are legitimately prescribed the drug as a standard medication (eg for ADHD), as opposed to the other 97% who take it recreationally, usually in binges, and without any controlled parameters?
I thought I did. How long and dosage and why I am asking. It doesn't matter to me how people choose to use it. Also I think 97% is an overstatement. Many topics regarding stimulants say people use rx'd drugs.

Honestly CFC, your last deleted post is actually the best post I have ever seen on BL.

Fuckin respect man...

• Heart
My use began around 2000-2001, used whenever i could, roughly off and on until 2006.
Dosages? No fuckin clue lol.

Took a 13 year break, relapsed last August. Since then it's been daily use, with maybe a solid month and a half of abstinence along the way due to various circumstances.
Again, unknown doses. I snort it so it's just eyeballed to whatever I feel like.

Last edited:
I don’t find meth or amphetamine very recreational. As such, I’ve never had any kind of recreational habit. I used medicinally, 30 mg addy xr (illicitly sourced) on school days for 8 months. Never more, never less. Never suffered negative effects.

Up here in alberta i started in 1993 with old school meth that shit rocked . It was sold in grains ,1 grain was good for a day or two.
Late 90s it started to change to d-meth and i was using more of it like gram or more a day , still holding that to this day . I'd IV it now but no veins left , anywhere but my neck so i quit that . Not to brag but , give or take a pound and half i done , i work , eat and sleep everyday and am still very healthy , i am what you call a Functional user .

Adderall: been diagnosed but never prescribed. 15mg IR, used and maintain and a dose. 8 months, back in 2015

meth: illegal, was supposed to use 5-10mg a day to substitute for stimulant. Too good not too.... 4 months starting February of this year. Wanting to stop but also can’t.