• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

How long for a true t-break to be useful?

somasoldier

Greenlighter
Ive been a daily (or nightly) smoker every day for over 4 years. Usually I go through an oz and half a month, but lately I just havent been feeling it sort of sick of it. I bought an oz and its lasted me more then a month, and thats with me selling some of it. I just feel like I dont get that high anymore, what would be the ideal length for a t break so I can get nice and high again? Ive done 2 weeks before and it worked but I felt like it only lasted a few days and was back to where I started. Im thinking of trying to go at least 90 days, maybe even more like 6 months to give my receptors a break. Id like to be able to smoke and get the giggles and have music feel good again now it just feels like jolted energy for me.

The longer the better but tolerance always comes back fairly quick after a break. The key is to not go back to daily smoking if you want to keep it fresh. Do it a few times a week no more.

I'd personally take a two week break. Try to not smoke daily or at least less and try a vaporizer they conserve lots of green. If your into other substances use those between smoking to lessen the period of time in between smoking.

I was a daily smoker for about 6 years. At my peak it was about 2-4 grams a day, having to smoke another blunt or a few bowls every 2 to 3 hours. I was at this for over a year, and felt the same way, sick of it. I still loved Mary so it was hard to take a break. I took my first week off in 6 years initially to try and calm the tolerance but the only effect I noticed after 1 week of soberiity was the initial blast was a tad stronger, it last about an hour longer, but the over all effects remained the same. After that I decided to quit for 2 weeks, which ended up being 2 months, which is where I'm at now. You'd be surprised at what you'll gain after quitting. The way you think becomes very sharp, sleep changes, dreams are CRAZY lucid and your overall mode improves drastically. Don't get me wrong I love weed, always will, all my friends do is smoke even now a days. I still hang with them daily and plan to smoke in the next year. I'm waiting to be clean and apply for a job then plan on returning.

Sorry for the rant. But a month or 2 would do it for sure, and you'll have other benefits to enjoy in the mean time.

Salutations SomaSoldier,

...an oz and half a month...

Lets suppose the minimum bowl-size possible happens to be 15 mg and yet we'll settle for 30 mg instead, just to make sure, then lets divide 42.5 g (1½ oz) by 30 mg (1 bowl)... That's almost 142 bowls, e.g. slightly more than 4½ bowls per day for a duration of 1 month. In other words, 4 doses x 30 mg x 31 days = 37.2 g + some 5.3 g margin to spare. So, if 1 day lasts 16 hours then that's 1 bowl every 4 hours or so... The best we can wish then is that 1 bowl shall provide at least 3 ~ 4 satisfying tokes, considering it's meant to last that long! Euh... Actually i recall there's been a manufacturer who's product promised to divide 1 g into 70 doses of 15 mg spread across a single disc, hence i figure perhaps 30 mg as a base-unit is realistic enough for our purpose. But then i must raise the question of a proper consumption method for sure!

M'well, my bet is that ain't going to be a smoker accessory anyway. ;)

...I dont get that high anymore... ...6 months to give my receptors a break...

Apparently our human brain has pregnenolone to protect itself against THC overloads. Personally i'd be less worried with broken synapses than having my mind evolving in a semi-permanent state of mental fuzziness, provided i would allow it to spiral until i need to take a T-Break, that is. My point i guess is that maybe it's not even necessary to go through abstinence if abuse can be prevented in the 1st place: take action in order to explore the realm of what's accessible below your threshold level instead of waiting for such ineluctable event to occur. Avoid the obcessive mirage once a state of saturation was reached...

Obviously the problem with this solution is that our typical consumption tools are built to invite excess, on the contrary, or at least i can't imagine the cigarette/joint format giving convenient access to such type of dosage as that which i retained from this thread's introduction.

In other words, have you considered the hypothetical prospect that it may be possible you've simply bumped into the THC-tolerance buildup scenario as a result of your consumption tool's own design limitations?... After all, lets consider the cigarette/joint method seems quite impractical while aiming for 3 ~ 4 good tokes extracted from a budget 30 mg dose, for starters... IMO THC is just too precious for half of it to feed a fire only to vaporize the other half anyway.

Good day, have fun!! =D