• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How long does this withdrawal last???

Josh1121

Greenlighter
Only was on a pill or 2 a day for about 6 months now 3 days sober cold turkey from dilaudid I'm at the body aches insomnia diarrhea which is tapering off but the heartburn that makes me vomit no matter what tums or antacids I take is killing me and the anxiety depressed feeling which I never had before is too also scared the anxiety won't go away how long does this last I was on a much smaller amount than most I've seen on here but seem to be getting same symptoms

Give it a week. Maybe two.
Get some pepto bismol and some loperimide (immodium).. take as directed the two together may help your stomach issues.
Also, try to find some kava (for the anxiety), and drink a liter of tonic water (with quinine) a day.. i only suggest tonic water because it has helped me in the past, it may not do anything for you, or anyone else so YMMV.
Just trying to give suggestions of things to help ease issues without needing and Rx or something habit forming.

Hope you feel better soon! :)

-HOOD

EDIT: Welcome to Bluelight! %) just noticed this is your first post.

You should start to feel better today or tomorrow. Dilaudid is a faster acting/short half life opioid so the withdrawal tends to go by faster than some.

Usually day 3 is worst, but by day 5 you'll start improving. Be prepared to feel blah for at least a week though. Try and keep you mind occupied. And even though you feel no energy most likely, exercise is one of the best things you can do as soon as you feel up to it. Even just some walking at first

Congrats--you have actually made it through most of the shitty part. :)

Just keep going dude, all the above posts should help a lot. Honestly, it does get better!

When I came off Heroin it took me 3.5 weeks to feel better. I hardly drank. Didn't eat or sleep. Just conscious misery for 3.5 weeks. It sucked ass but I made it through it. You can do it man. Best of luck.

5 days bro. Ur right there just tough it out. Doesn't really matter if u took less than most, everyone's gotta pay that bill eventually. It gets much much harder each time u kick so just be some with it forever once u get through it this time. Next time it might be so painful that u may not have the strength to kick again. Good luck and god bless brother

Be more specific you took 1 or 2 dilaudid what mg total a day? And even if it were the highest dose 8 mg twice a day 16 mg hydromorph let's say that's like 60-75 mg of morphine about honestly in my experience the first few opiate WD only really suck first 2-3 days I think you'll wake up day 4 in the morning you'll be a bit cold and achy but you'll be at 60-75% at that point cause it's your first withdrawal and a small dose and short half life . When I first smoked H I did it for 3 months straight from day 1 trying it quit cold turkey on day 4-5 in the morning was able to run a few miles very slowly and it would be difficult but I was wayyyy better after day 3 by a lot . For experienced users that jump after day 3 stops having a major change so after being addicted 5 times going through detox the 6th time day 4 will feel like day 2 for you now for us and we won't feel better till day 6-7 maybe 8-10 you will be completely better at day 4-5 trust me and if u keep pissing cause I'm sure you wake up to pee 100 times and to poo just let your body do the detox smoke weed man and benzos and after you pass 7 days I'd advise you to smoke weed for another weed or two daily to not think about opiates. I know people say that's bad and rehabs but the most important thing in my eyes is no opiate addiction.