View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

how long does the acid comedown last

juanverdin7

Greenlighter
I am here because i took acid like 4 months ago and ive been still feeling kind of a weird like i feel as thoe sometimes im going crazy or im not even suppose to be here. Somedays i feel good but its not enough to get me fully to recover. I wanna know what can i do to help me recover 100% when i was off acid i got really paranoid take note this was my first time but i felt as thoe i was losing my mind some friend told me to smoke weed to feel better and i did i took 8 bowls to the face but it felt as thoe it boosted it up i wasnt able to sleep that night until the next day and till now i feel like i dont know who i am but i feel like im getting better but just somedays just trip me out like trip me out im just trying to be me again and ill give anything it takes to do so please give me some good helpful advice. Please i sort of over think stuff to so i feel like im never gone feel alright again i just need help without letting my mom or doctor know also i feel as i trip out more when i smoke or drink.

Last edited:
How long does the acid comedown last im on my 4 month and still feel it in minor ways can anyone tell me how it works so i can know the process and not be afraid of it.

Every person is different, but ive never had a 4 month come down from lsd. Ive had a 4 month afterglow actually, if you had a difficult or bad trip then that could be partly it.
If it was your first time that could add to it, maybe its your brains make-up.

I found i eventually got to a point where i dont really even notice the comedown, i iust get a tired. When i first started the comedowns were fucked for 1-3 days.
If you are having good and insightful trips though you should have afterglow not comedown

I'm going to move this to PD, since it's not a trip report.

Life is what you Are experiencing.

It's like this.

Recycle. Eat Vegan. And (above all) don't be a dick.

Congratulations, you've had a spiritiual experience.

You're acid trip was strong enough to bring on all those conservative folks/fundies who (of which) youve fought your entire life to avoid.

SO, is the spiritual experience worth the hastle these folks bring on? Do we want a spiritual experience? Or do we want to get high and dance?

Is getting high and dancing our purpose?

REALLY really REALLY. Gettting high to find God will bring you one way. Getting high to dance will bring you another.

Dance with us brother.

Dance dance dance.

Who is gonna dance with these beautiful woman but US?

I don't know if this post should be merged with the other one, but I'll try to break it down as much as possible.
LSD doesn't stay in your system for longer than a few days at most, actively, and there are trace amounts in your spinal fluid that are untapped. So, what you are experiencing now is not an acid comedown. However, judging from your first experience, there are a few things which may be happening:

You may have had an underlying condition, specifically generalized anxiety disorder, be 'brought out' or exacerbated by your bad trip. Within this may be some symptoms of PTSD, as any traumatic experience has the ability to semi permanently plant itself within your brain.

LSD is not a joke, it is a mind altering substance. After my first trip, which was incredibly profound, I felt the way I think be radically changed in the most positive of ways. It was scary at first though. To this day, I still ponder on the subject matter of my first trip. It opens your eyes. With such an intense experience will come intense afterthoughts and feelings.

However, you will be okay! The amazing thing about the human brain is that it is so malleable. It repairs itself and creates its own connections. Its a beautiful organ. And you will get better I promise. With time, reality will begin to slowly become more natural, and while you may still contemplate your first trip, you will feel like a normal person.

BUT, I highly highly suggest you give your brain a rest for awhile. Especially with psychoactive substances like marijuana. There is no fault in going to see a therapist either, as they will be able to diagnose and treat you a whole lot better than anyone on here. A health care professional would be a good place to go to first.

Also a small percentage of people experience Hallucination Persisting Perception Disorder (HPPD) after their first psychedelic experience. It's like russian roulette with psychedelics. This usually consists of CEV's and visual distortion that can impair some aspects of day to day functioning long after your trip has ended. It can also be treated.

A mild anti psychotic can stabilize your neurotransmitters, mood and perhaps vanquish the symptoms of HPPD and get you back on track, especially under the guidance of a health care professional. I suggest this route.

One last possibility is to trip on acid again, prepared, in a safe and comfortable set and setting. It sounds like your trip was unresolved and unfinished. Revisiting where you went too last time would be a good way to have a sound conclusion to your previous trip, and get (some) answers to the questions you were asking. I've found that psychedelics are immensely beneficial therapeutically. And often times bad trips can be learned and appreciated from. It's a lot about perception and how you're viewing your trip and in what light. Remember it's positive growth for your mental character.

But seriously, talk to your doctor. This is clearly bothering you. Best of luck man. We'll be here if you need us.

EDIT: Also, don't forget it is just a drug. If you don't want to place any meaning on it, you don't have too.

Hey OP, I moved the posts of relevance from your other thread in TR which was asking the same thing.

It's weird that you feel that 4 moths after take LSD, but my advice is that avoid smoke weed or any other drug, specially psychedelics. LSD isn't for everybody, and every organism is different.

You shouldn't think think that you're going crazy or something like that, because that kind of thoughts are very harmful. Take it easy mate, do exercise, eat healthy and don't think that you're going insane.