• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids how long does snorting dilaudid/Hydromorphone take to kick in?

Zonxx

Bluelighter
i've tried it a few times without much success vs orally but i don't know what i'm expecting really

share your successfull hydrmorphone snorting experiences, how long does the shit take to work? orally its kicking in 10-15min at mostly full force, but ive read multiple sources that the bioavail is nearly 15-20% higher snorted which is quite alot so it deems it worth a 4th attempt i suppose, my pills have very little powder once i'm done crushing them probably the easiest thing in the world to rack up but i don't quite feel them like i do orally or atleast i'm not sure if i do, odd.

i might have to try having a go with a couple later but i'm not certain its worth ?

edit- it's not recreational use however either whats BL think bout the route?

One thing you can do is dissolve the dillies in isotonic saline or distilled water, or a make a concentrated solution of hydromorphone -- 1 ml of water can dissolve 250 mg of hydromorphone -- , and mix the solution with nasal spray to get the benefits of any carriers or other otherwise inactive ingredients in the vehicle used for the nasal spray. This will be an improvement versus the dry powder and provide for a somewhat steeper concentration curve, hence a bigger bang when it is used. Dilaudid HP is High Potency because it is 10 mg/ml and I have used a nasal sprayer or eyedropper to administer it as more of a box-ticking exercise than anything else and I could feel an improvement compared to PO hydromorphone; the apothecary I go to has prepared 36, 50, 72, 100, and 120 mg/ml concentrations of pure hydromorphone compounding powder in 4.5‰ (0.45 per cent) saline with the standard preservative and antimicrobial ingredients and those worked well too.

The relative solubility in water and fat and other factors govern the rush and bang of narcotics and perhaps the nod as well; even though it has an identical molecular weight compared to morphine HCl, it has a faster onset and therefore a more intense bang. Since hydromorphone releases less histamine than morphine and smack, the rush is different via the IV route.

There is the question of water and lipid solubility here in that diacetylmorphine is even more soluble in addition to its great lipid solubility -- 333 mg of smack will dissolve in one ml of water and morphine salts are highly soluble but not the extent that the other two are. My usual route of administration of hydromorphone is IM (Dilaudid HP) and SL (Dilaudid Solutabs, Knoll hypodermic tablets or plain tablets) and I found snorting the powder to be a bit more effective than sublingually, and it has the advantage of a longer duration of action than IV certainly.

I also actually have snorted ℞ed Dilaudid ⅛ grain/8 mg tablets, including several times off my boss' tits, when I was out of needles late a night-- the theory being that the faster onset of action and a steeper serum level curve would help knock down breakthrough pain and it did work in that I had results intermediate betwixt SL and PR/SC hydromorphone, certainly a notable improvement over the PO route of administration and had results which were adequate for that purpose. The onset can be within 90 seconds or so but the come-up is not the same as the esters of morphine such as smack, Vilan, Paralaudin and so forth, and better than morphine or dihydromorphine, and was not unlike the other 14-dihydromorphinones such as oxymorphone and oxycodone.

Last edited:
One thing you can do is dissolve the dillies in isotonic saline or distilled water, or a make a concentrated solution of hydromorphone -- 1 ml of water can dissolve 250 mg of hydromorphone -- , and mix the solution with nasal spray to get the benefits of any carriers or other otherwise inactive ingredients in the vehicle used for the nasal spray. This will be an improvement versus the dry powder and provide for a somewhat steeper concentration curve, hence a bigger bang when it is used. Dilaudid HP is High Potency because it is 10 mg/ml and I have used a nasal sprayer or eyedropper to administer it as more of a box-ticking exercise than anything else and I could feel an improvement compared to PO hydromorphone; the apothecary I go to has prepared 36, 50, 72, 100, and 120 mg/ml concentrations of pure hydromorphone compounding powder in 4.5‰ (0.45 per cent) saline with the standard preservative and antimicrobial ingredients and those worked well too.

The relative solubility in water and fat and other factors govern the rush and bang of narcotics and perhaps the nod as well; even though it has an identical molecular weight compared to morphine HCl, it has a faster onset and therefore a more intense bang. Since hydromorphone releases less histamine than morphine and smack, the rush is different via the IV route.

There is the question of water and lipid solubility here in that diacetylmorphine is even more soluble in addition to its great lipid solubility -- 333 mg of smack will dissolve in one ml of water and morphine salts are highly soluble but not the extent that the other two are. My usual route of administration of hydromorphone is IM (Dilaudid HP) and SL (Dilaudid Solutabs, Knoll hypodermic tablets or plain tablets) and I found snorting the powder to be a bit more effective than sublingually, and it has the advantage of a longer duration of action than IV certainly.

I also actually have snorted ℞ed Dilaudid ⅛ grain/8 mg tablets, including several times off my boss' tits, when I was out of needles late a night-- the theory being that the faster onset of action and a steeper serum level curve would help knock down breakthrough pain and it did work in that I had results intermediate betwixt SL and PR/SC hydromorphone, certainly a notable improvement over the PO route of administration and had results which were adequate for that purpose. The onset can be within 90 seconds or so but the come-up is not the same as the esters of morphine such as smack, Vilan, Paralaudin and so forth, and better than morphine or dihydromorphine, and was not unlike the other 14-dihydromorphinones such as oxymorphone and oxycodone.
i read somewhere that the cap was 80mg-1ml? maybe it was incorrect i've wanted to IM for awhile but have only ever mainlined when it comes to needles particularly because i've been afraid of fucking up in some shape or form, i'll assume you go for the deltoid?

i read somewhere that the cap was 80mg-1ml? maybe it was incorrect i've wanted to IM for awhile but have only ever mainlined when it comes to needles particularly because i've been afraid of fucking up in some shape or form, i'll assume you go for the deltoid?

I suppose that the solubility they quoted maybe took into account being dissolved in saline rather than plain water? One part hydromorphone dissolves in three parts of water, and off the top of my head I think that morphine hydrochloride is six parts, heroin two, and oxymorphone around three. Even if in theory this can be done, I remember when using concentrated solution from dry ampoules, powder, and from hypodermic tablets which were in the vicinity of 100-112 mg/ml IIRC and within an hour or so, there would be crystalline drop of pure hydromorphone on the end of the needle, and whole needle itself was plugged by it. I have had solutions which formed a precipitate of what turned out to be pure hydromorphone so I apparently had managed to make a supersaturated solution of it, both of these things putting an upper limit on how concentrated the solution can be.

If everything is sterile and particularly if there is a small volume of liquid involved, the main things to worry about IM administration are hitting a vein (which can be a plus too suppose) or an artery or nerve, which are rather obvious upon insertion, and hitting ligaments or tendons. Using one of the anatomical references to see where these things are is very helpful. I found that my upper legs are the best place for an IM injection

Last edited:
I suppose that the solubility they quoted maybe took into account being dissolved in saline rather than plain water? One part hydromorphone dissolves in three parts of water, and off the top of my head I think that morphine hydrochloride is six parts, heroin two, and oxymorphone around three. Even if in theory this can be done, I remember when using concentrated solution from dry ampoules, powder, and from hypodermic tablets which were in the vicinity of 100-112 mg/ml IIRC and within an hour or so, there would be crystalline drop of pure hydromorphone on the end of the needle, and whole needle itself was plugged by it. I have had solutions which formed a precipitate of what turned out to be pure hydromorphone so I apparently had managed to make a supersaturated solution of it, both of these things putting an upper limit on how concentrated the solution can be.
what's that one reaction anemia i think its called if you bang water and it unbalances your sodium levels? i have a bunch of 0.9% sodium chloride tubes that i'm able to concoct mixes, for someone whom doesn't inject often i am fully equipped to do so at any point in time and i somehow filter without a wheel filter like a champion and get barely off-colored solutions, i have distilled water and have shot dilaudid with that, but it actually wasn't as clean feeling as with the sodium chloride with the chloride it goes much smoother and i think it was 9-15mg i forget what i put together last even though it was i think monday that i treated myself to a go at it mixing dil hcl, morph sulfate which yielded somthing of magical proportion, your solutions sound just as delicious ^^^^

i'm curious, Where do you IM, and why IM over IV?

what's that one reaction anemia i think its called if you bang water and it unbalances your sodium levels? i have a bunch of 0.9% sodium chloride tubes that i'm able to concoct mixes, for someone whom doesn't inject often i am fully equipped to do so at any point in time and i somehow filter without a wheel filter like a champion and get barely off-colored solutions, i have distilled water and have shot dilaudid with that, but it actually wasn't as clean feeling as with the sodium chloride with the chloride it goes much smoother and i think it was 9-15mg i forget what i put together last even though it was i think monday that i treated myself to a go at it mixing dil hcl, morph sulfate which yielded somthing of magical proportion, your solutions sound just as delicious ^^^^

i'm curious, Where do you IM, and why IM over IV?

Fluid overload leading to microcytic anaemia I think is the diagnosis. More water than needed in the bloodstream also dilutes it, so more volume lowers the concentration of everything. Just like drinking six litres of apple juice before a drugs test. for example.

Once all the poppy tea I was drinking, and soft drinks to chase it combined with iron deficiency for an undetermined reason and what was otherwise a subclinical case of beta thalassaemia minor made me look so pale that when I went in to have some routine tests done, the 0.88 haemoglobin and very low ferritin levels had them calling my on me cellular telephone to come back and I wound up in hospital for transfusions for 21 hours or so. The doctor actually told me to concentrate the stuff more and wrote for Pantopon -- this was a long time ago

In the upper leg, and it is for the extra hour or so of action, and if I have a little bit of shakiness first thing in the morning, which can be a rebound symptom from the orphenadrine, it is much easier and doesn't make a mess and give potential track marks.

Last edited:
Fluid overload leading to microcytic anaemia I think is the diagnosis. More water than needed in the bloodstream also dilutes it, so more volume lowers the concentration of everything. Just like drinking six litres of apple juice before a blood test. for example.

Once all the poppy tea I was drinking, and soft drinks to chase it combined with iron deficiency for an undetermined reason and what was otherwise a subclinical case of beta thalassaemia minor made me look so pale that when I went in to have some routine tests done, the 0.88 haemoglobin and very low ferritin levels had them calling my on me cellular telephone to come back and I wound up in hospital for transfusions for 21 hours or so. The doctor actually told me to concentrate the stuff more and wrote for Pantopon -- this was a long time ago

In the upper leg, and it is for the extra hour or so of action, and if I have a little bit of shakiness first thing in the morning, which can be a rebound symptom from the orphenadrine, it is much easier and doesn't make a mess and give potential track marks.
i know people with ruined arms but, the occasional mark goes away no?

i know people with ruined arms but, the occasional mark goes away no?

Yes, it is actually a bit difficult to create permanent track marks but can happen . . . missed IV shots and SC and IM shots not sterilised properly and the skin swabbed well can lead to large abscesses which can leave indentations, scars and so forth.

Last edited:
Yes, it is actually a bit difficult to create permanent track marks but can happen . . . missed IV shots and SC and IM shots not sterilised properly and the skin swabbed well can lead to large abscesses which can leave indentations, scars and so forth.
ha, i have two missed marks because i was already in the middle of a nod and somehow got the great idea to fix myself up a shot of dilaudid, but that put me down for a solid 14-15 hours which was quite nice especially since it was day one waking up from my coke bender i don't actually know how i managed to perform the task because i remember being in and out of it while mixing my solution into my sodium chloride but i'm not fond of the whole needle idea so no worries, i won't be marking up my arm all that much, i do want to hit an IM in my deltoid but i don't know why, but i get nervous before going for it and end up with nerve hands and i wouldn't want to break a needle off in my arm thats forsure

I remember straight from the military, no longer than 6 months home I was at a buddy's house. He had just been prescribed Opana for his (obviously repaired) broken neck. He crushed down a 40MG Opana, in quarters, for 4 people. I felt like I had just taken 50MG of Oxycodone and it hit me like a truck within 5 minutes. Never nodded like that in my life. He ground it into an extremely fine powder but man that stuff is strong

I remember straight from the military, no longer than 6 months home I was at a buddy's house. He had just been prescribed Opana for his (obviously repaired) broken neck. He crushed down a 40MG Opana, in quarters, for 4 people. I felt like I had just taken 50MG of Oxycodone and it hit me like a truck within 5 minutes. Never nodded like that in my life. He ground it into an extremely fine powder but man that stuff is strong
mortar and pestle, a pill crushers best friend, it is mine atleast, i can turn any pill into a fine as fuck powder within 30sec

but yeah, no doubt it's a different beast which is why so many people get hooked to it but it is what it is, i'm not typically a recreational user so once in a blue moon is fine but i rather just go for the pills themselves
i just realized with how many amp pills i need to crush up to get where i need to be, id be fucked without a mortar and pestle, god bless it

mortar and pestle, a pill crushers best friend, it is mine atleast, i can turn any pill into a fine as fuck powder within 30sec

but yeah, no doubt it's a different beast which is why so many people get hooked to it but it is what it is, i'm not typically a recreational user so once in a blue moon is fine but i rather just go for the pills themselves
i just realized with how many amp pills i need to crush up to get where i need to be, id be fucked without a mortar and pestle, god bless it

Ah man, I know you'll say I'm an idiot anyway for crushing Oxy but years ago that was my preferred ROA ("my pain can be gone immediately?! what could be the downside?") - 30 minute lifespan was the answer. What is worse is I NEVER prepped properly. Dollar bill rolled around the pill, BIC lighter and a credit card. I was such an idiot I can't believe it

Dilaudid is shit... I think it's the worst opiate but a lot of people fucking love it. I've snorted and shot decent amounts and never got more than a short lived rush.

Bloody hell @Zonxx I wasn't expecting this to be from you lad lol.

I shall assume they are Palladone IR or similar to base it off. Oral I always load with 150mg DXM an hour before, great Ligand for potentiation Hydro, surprised it’s working in 10-15mins for you though. Railing wise quicker than Oxy in my experience, with a very distinct feel which I love. Ask Me anything else, you know I will help if I can ?

hydromorphone on the other hand has a 15-20% higher than oral nasally

I go 150mg Pregab, +1hr 40mg Longtec (OC)
+30mins 20mg Oxy railed +30mins 20mg Oxy railed. Works for me kiddo.

Hydro always snort never Oral.