• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long does opana er stay in system if snorted

Tajaodan

Greenlighter
How long does a low dose of opana er stay in urine if snorted? Read alot online and found that it has about a 9-12 hour half life but said that it will be cleared from urine in 2-3 days and another souce said could be in urine flr 30 days! . Dont know how that is possible with a 10~ half life. Also does snorting instead of taking it orally change how fast it stays in your system? It is my first time using opana also.

I am uneducated specifically on opana, but in my experience the longest any opiate / opioid will be in your urine is 5 days max. I've passed for Heroin within 72 hours.. the average being 3-4 days. best of luck.

I also dont think these questions are allowed but hopefully I answered it if it gets closed.

EDIT: actually I just remembered i failed for methadone after 7 days, but that would be the exception seeing as methadone has an extremely long half-life.

best of luck

Im not asking about becusse of drug testing. Just doing research out of curiosity on how long the drug stays in urine. Thank you though. As to herion. Ive heard it is the fastest opiate to leave the system/urine from my understanding. I never knew until today oxymorphone had such a long half life. Which now makes me think if oxycodone is metabolized in to oxymorphone how is its half life only 4.5 hours when it comes to urine clearance. Hm.

Im glad you stated its not drug testing related as I was, and still am slightly suspicious. I will leave it open for now.

T1/2 is confusing because in medicine the plasma half life and terminal or biological half life are used synonymously. But the plasma t1/2 only refers to the time it take to cut the plasma concentration of drug X by 50%. Terminal t1/2 is how long activity takes to be cut in half. Distribution, accumulation, and metabolites may extend terminal half life, but not necessarily plasma half life. The PK model makes a difference too.

Oh ok. I just have found so much different information on oxymorphones half life that it doesnt really make sense. States that its 9-12 hour half life for the opana er but only takes 2-3 days to clear urine. But if you do the math say on 10 mg it would deffinatly still be present in urine given the 9-12 hour half life.

Well saying 10 mg and 3 days. Thats 72 hours so say average the half life to 10 hours that give you 7 half lives roughly. That leaves you at about .078 mgs roughly.

Its generally a plasma concentration that is considered when talking about half life in these cases. The amount to reduce the plasma concentration by 50%. Therefore you need to factor in bioavailability among other things.

So youre saying that sources that say 2-3 days are correct on how long it stays in urine even though the half life math is correct?

When you take 10mg of oxymorphone nasally, not all reaches circulation. When you measure the amount of drug in circulation (generally the amount in the plasma) you measure a concentration, say mg/ml. If only 60% reaches circulation, that is the total amount (6mg) distributed throughout the plasma, with the rest eliminated by first pass extraction. The concentration in plasma is proportianal to amount in urine, so if undetectable in one, it will be in other as well. And normally 4 to 5 half-lifes until a drug is fully eliminated, btw.

Ohh. Ok i gotcha. Thank you so much for clearing that up. I saw something online that showed that opana er can stay in urine for up to 30 days which confused the hell out of me.

Maybe was chronic dosing of the ER taken correctly? Would have to check but seems long.