• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long does one have to do heroin to start getting sick if they don?t have any?

Behappystayhappy

Bluelighter
I?ve been on dope the past 2 weeks, towards the end shooting about .1 a day. I?m not gonna be getting any for the next couple days so... am I gonna get sick?

Maybe a little bit. It usually takes 3-4 weeks but its different for everyone. Either way, it should be tolerable.

Depends if you've been in opiate withdrawal before or have had tolerance before this. If you've experienced both of those things it's much more likely you'll experience withdrawals

It can take as little as three days of continuous use to produce withdrawal symptoms in some users, in general most naive users take around a week or two.

The longer you keep taking opioids the deeper into the pit you'll go.

Actually just got honest to my friends and family. May or may not go to detox but either way plan to get back into sobriety. I had time sober before that and relapsed??. 36 hours w no dope and 6 hours off crack and right now feel for the most part fine. I?ve withdrew from opiates before but this the first time from heroin. Wish me luck y?all.

Hopefully, it won't be too bad. Good for you, opening up to your loved ones! The worst challenge for me after getting clean was finding something to fill free time and being bored. Check out our Sober Living section and you'll find tons of support. You got this man, hang in there! <3