• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids How long does methadone take to clear from your body and Long to wait until it doesn't affect or combine with heroin

Ganjcat

Bluelighter
Basically how long do I wait until I can take heroin again and also officially how long is methadone supposed to take before it reaches its peak? I really need to know asap

Hey man, all we can give you is a rough estimate, but it's definitely something to start with. What you should do, is take these pharmacokinetics, while also taking into account how you feel. Delusions of sobriety are a fact of life for a lot, or even most drug users. I've seen countless friends tell me they don't feel well and start mixing something up when they can't even keep their head and neck upright or their eyes open. So, think about how you feel, but pay attention to some of the more objective indicators of Opioid intoxication, like pruritus (itching), a more than normal constriction of your pupils even in normal light (miosis) etc.

Methadone is a longer-acting Opioid. This is primarily why it was chosen for maintenance programs back in the 60's. It's fairly cheap to male and carries most people for a full 24 hours or more. There is a wide variability among individuals, however. It's unlike a lot of common Opioids like Morphine in that its pretty much homogenous in effects regardless of the route of administration. This still means a dose can really have a different effect from one individual to another. This is primarily genetic, but other variables like stomach Ph also come into play, with a more alkaline environment generally leading to more absorption.

Are you taking it as part of a program or have you just taken it a couple of times? If you've taken it once, you really don't need to be concerned about the "blocking" effect that it can have. If you wait 24 hours it should mostly be over. Peak blood levels are generally reached around 3 hours post-ingestion and most folks, myself included, would say that this is also around the same time as peak of perceived effects, with the primary, strong effects lasting from 3-8 hours before they begin to gradually dissapate.

Does this help?

Hey man, all we can give you is a rough estimate, but it's definitely something to start with. What you should do, is take these pharmacokinetics, while also taking into account how you feel. Delusions of sobriety are a fact of life for a lot, or even most drug users. I've seen countless friends tell me they don't feel well and start mixing something up when they can't even keep their head and neck upright or their eyes open. So, think about how you feel, but pay attention to some of the more objective indicators of Opioid intoxication, like pruritus (itching), a more than normal constriction of your pupils even in normal light (miosis) etc.

Methadone is a longer-acting Opioid. This is primarily why it was chosen for maintenance programs back in the 60's. It's fairly cheap to male and carries most people for a full 24 hours or more. There is a wide variability among individuals, however. It's unlike a lot of common Opioids like Morphine in that its pretty much homogenous in effects regardless of the route of administration. This still means a dose can really have a different effect from one individual to another. This is primarily genetic, but other variables like stomach Ph also come into play, with a more alkaline environment generally leading to more absorption.

Are you taking it as part of a program or have you just taken it a couple of times? If you've taken it once, you really don't need to be concerned about the "blocking" effect that it can have. If you wait 24 hours it should mostly be over. Peak blood levels are generally reached around 3 hours post-ingestion and most folks, myself included, would say that this is also around the same time as peak of perceived effects, with the primary, strong effects lasting from 3-8 hours before they begin to gradually dissapate.

Does this help?
Sort of helps yes I wanted to know how long people generally wait.

To answer ur questions yes I'm on a program and doing well I think the holding you for 24 hrs thing is interesting because it feels like it only holds me for 12 then I slowly start getting into wd the next day if I don't have anything I will really start to get bad wd until I get a fix

Sort of helps yes I wanted to know how long people generally wait.

To answer ur questions yes I'm on a program and doing well I think the holding you for 24 hrs thing is interesting because it feels like it only holds me for 12 then I slowly start getting into wd the next day if I don't have anything I will really start to get bad wd until I get a fix
If It isn't holding you then you may need a higher dose. It lasts roughly 24 hours for most, give or take a few hours. But 12 hours seems way too short. You should talk to a nurse or doctor or counselor. If you seriously feel wd setting in after after 12 hours, they should be more than willing to help. Also for what it's worth, many on Methadone switch from liquid to waffer because they swear the waffer lasts longer. That could be something to consider, but usually the waffers are a dollar or two more than the liquid.
As for the blocking effect, I couldn't tell you. I am grateful that once I started on Methadone, I completely quit using other Opioids. I honestly wasn't certain there was a blocking effect since Methadone is a full agonist like every other Opiate sans Buprenorphine. But people that know way more than myself say otherwise, so now I know.

Refering to the above post are these wafer forms worth looking into