• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long does it take to get physically addicted to opiates?

Mia.Carlson66

Bluelighter
I was taking 30 through 60mg a day for 25 days. I started taking 150 through 200mg 8 days ago. I have a very high tolerance. I have been using for about a year now. Will my withdrawals feel like coming off 60mg a day or 200? Please help if possible. Just want to know what im in for.

Generally, it can take as little as a couple of weeks to develop a physical dependence when opiates are used daily.

The withdrawals will not be pretty but would only last approx one week.

Good luck.

If you need any further guidance, please do not hesitate to PM me, as I have been in your shoes.

After a year of constant use,you sure developed some physical addiction.

The biggest part though is the mental part,1 year is long enough but not ridiculously long to get super attached to the opiates.

Im close to 9 years in opiate addiction,and i tell you if you can get through the physical part then do it,and dont look back,its still early.

Youre not totally "married" (as we say in my country) to the opiates yet,so try to make a play now if you can.

Id say it took me maybe 2 years or more of constant high dose Oxycodone, Morphine and eventually Dilaudid use to became what i would call addicted. Before that the WD's i had where not much worse then a moderate flu really and it was mostly just aches and pains i got. I remember quitting Morphine SR's and Oxycodone IR's after over a year of use and besides the mental effects like depression and aches and pains i didn't get much in the way of WD symptoms. I would honestly suggest quitting while your ahead.

It takes 4 days of consecutive use for me to feel any withdrawl feeling and even then it's very minor but a week for real restlessness and shit

I've been using on and off for 5 years, anywhere from 20-400mg of oxy or hydrocodone a month and while I've noticed an increase in tolerance I haven't become physically dependent on either of them.

The only time I was physically addicted was a tianeptine binge I went on about 8 months ago. I was taking about 500mg-1000mg of tianeptine a day and was doing that for 2 weeks straight, I was high nonstop besides when I went to work from 8am-5pm. Once I ran out I experienced very bad withdrawals, extreme shits, 2 hours of bad sleep a day, stomach cramps, and muscle aches. It seems to take at least a week and a half of 30-50mg oxy everyday for me to feel sick when I stop using oxy but even then it's only mild.

Really it's different for everyone depending on your neurochemistry, body, previous use, and tolerance. It's very hard to say but I'd think the withdrawal will feel more like 60mg a day since you've been taking that for a year and your body probably hasn't adjusted to 200mg yet.

I spent 10 days with an iv morphine drip machine in me that let me dose every 30 minutes.I was giving 2 white endones to go home with.
That was enough to induce could sweats, nausea, shivering and horrible discomfort for two weeks.