• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos How long does it take to become dependent on clonzepam if you take 2 mg a day

Up until that first time you get super pissed after you realize you only have two left.

Rebound will occur after 5-14 days

Dependence will form after 14-30 days

If you've been addicted to GABAergics before, it will occur sooner.

@Snafu in the Void stealing my thunder :)

This is pretty much what I was going to throw out. I'll add that 3 months is the cut-off I use in a lot of situations. This 3 month cut-off is what I consider to be enough time to develop a habit serious enough to consume your entire life. After 3 months, you're generally pretty entrenched, especially with sedative/hypnotic drugs including Alcohol/Benzodiazepines/Barbiturates and Opioids as well.

After taking 2mg Clonazepam (Klonopin; Rivotril) daily for 3 months, I'd say it's probably still possible to quit by your own means without medical intervention, but you're probably right on the line. Everybody is different and some are much more sensitive to the dangerous side-effects of sedative/hypnotic withdrawal. I've known people who took up to 8mg Clonazepam per day who quit on their own without seizures and I know people who have had seizures from quitting a chronic usage of like 1mg. With this in mind, I always advise folks to seek medical attention when withdrawing from sedative/hypnotic stuff.

With all of this in mind, the guidelines for responsible Benzodiazepine prescribing make a lot of good sense.

Rebound will occur after 5-14 days

Dependence will form after 14-30 days

If you've been addicted to GABAergics before, it will occur sooner.
Dont think that dependence will occur after 14days.
Thats insane.
Even 30 days hmm.

not long as its half life is 30 to 40 hours. This means tolerance will adjust quickly resulting in physical dependence. it takes roughly 200 hours to eliminate so your bodies system will step up resulting in the dependence.