• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How Long Does it take for Tramadol to Kick in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JadedTabs

Bluelighter
I took 200mg-250mg of tramadol about 30 minutes- and hour ago and it isn't really kicking in I don't think

Tramadol works better stacked (taking 50-100 mg then adding another 50 every half hour) due to the way it metabolizes. So if you don't feel much, next time try that.

Have you felt effects before? If not, don't expect to be blown away. Tramadol is a weaker opioid with SNRI and NMDA (antidepressant) properties. Some people get more out of it than others. But overall it's on the level of say, codeine , not something like oxy

But yes it should've kicked in by an hour

Edit: thanks Hodor. I was actually thinking of methadone when I said NMDA, but then I saw your post as realized it is said to have SNRI properties. So I looked it up and it actually has both. Lol I thought I was having a moronic typing moment and maybe I was .... Anyway I edited it to include both. I was trying to refer to the fact that Tramadol acts on more than opioid receptors, and that when taken in stacked doses is more likely to have opioid effects rather than antidepressant effects.

Last edited:
I thought they took 1/2-1 hour... Been a while.. The nausea with those things though was not fun... I never knew about the stacking thing though...

Last edited:
A quick Google search should give you your answer.
OD is for intermediateharm reduction questions!

Tramadol is a weaker opioid with NDMA (antidepressant) properties.

Tramadol is an SNRI, not an NMDA-antagonist. Which is kind of a problem for people who are already on antidepressants, as antidepressants often inhibit the conversion to O-Desmethyl-Tramadol, which is a stronger opioid and weaker antidepressant, meaning you need to take more to get high, and less to suffer a seizure or other forms of serotonin toxicity.

Seriously, Tramadol + antidepressants is not to be fucked with. We're talking about people suffering seizures from 300 mg doses, and that's from taking it with your basic SSRI/SNRI, not an MAOI. Heck, Tramadol on its own is not to be fucked with at >250 mg.

I have never heard the stacking theory either. Can anyone support the claim that such a method would result in more O-Desmethyltramadol from the tramadol?

JadedTabs, depending on your tolerance to opioids you should be feeling the effect now. But be aware that tramadol is different from other opioids, as you see from several posts here. And you should avoid dosing higher in the chase of more effects and you risk getting seizures caused by tramadol.

I have never heard the stacking theory either. Can anyone support the claim that such a method would result in more O-Desmethyltramadol from the tramadol?

JadedTabs, depending on your tolerance to opioids you should be feeling the effect now. But be aware that tramadol is different from other opioids, as you see from several posts here. And you should avoid dosing higher in the chase of more effects and you risk getting seizures caused by tramadol.

Im a Tramadol addict funny I didnt see this thread. I actually stack my doses lol. I take 250mg a day, 150mg at once, then 50mg every hour. Instead of 250mg at once which I have also done in the past, I take it like that, over the course of 3 hours and it is exponentially stronger. I do not know how this drugs metabolism works, or the science. But I learned about stacking from a friend not even on the net. It works with tramadol.

Also tramadol, for me, takes 1 hour to fully kick in on EMPTY stomach. I do not eat until after my full dose. So I can not speak on eating with them. One mroe thing, tramadol IS addictive and you WILL have nasty withdrawals that are worse than people talk it to be. "Oh tramadol is weaker pain killer, thus the withdrawal is a joke." I have seen that so many times, I just wish people knew how Id take OC withdrawal anyday over tramadols snri withdrawal symptoms of brain zaps and audible hallucinations... Im not even kidding

Okay, I will have to try stacking myself. I use tramadol a couple of times each week. Normally I take them one dosages, but next time I will try the stacking methods and see how it compares to my usual method.

I have tried withdrawal from tramadol and I agree that people shouldn't say it a joke. You risk that someone reading that thinks that getting addicted to tramadol isn't that bad as you can just stop with ease. You can't. The withdrawals is not fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.