• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How long does it take for morphine, valium, methadone, suboxone pills to expire/not work?

Branggen

Bluelighter
Ive got these if anyone knows how long each will last Id appreciate it, they are all in the dark, methadone is in the fridge

I dont have that much just dont use anymore

Don't take my word for it, but I think they will all last years. Most drugs too. Morphine will still be morpine 100 years from now. Valium will last too. Not sure on methadone and subs but I think they will last years and years if stored properly.

I had a bottle of tramadol syrup 10 years after expiracy date. Same strength, but taste was worse and nausea as well.

If the methadone is the liquid I would freeze it like an ice cube. Everything else just in a glass sealed jar.

In general, these things will remain stable and retain potency for at least several years. I know plenty of people who have used drugs that were decades old without any noticeable problems.

You shouldn't assume that they will be viable after decades. If you're using drugs after their specified expiration date, you're pretty much doing so at your own risk.

In general, these things will remain stable and retain potency for at least several years. I know plenty of people who have used drugs that were decades old without any noticeable problems.

You shouldn't assume that they will be viable after decades. If you're using drugs after their specified expiration date, you're pretty much doing so at your own risk.

Of course, this only applies to pharmaceutical quality drugs. Don't expect that bag of dodgy bash you lost under the floorboards over a decade ago to give you anything other than a nasty infection... :D

My methadone bottles even mixed with tang 🤢 has an expiry date for 2022 if refrigerated of course.

I take Suboxone strips daily that are about 7-8yrs old at least maybe more... They still work mostly fine, I feel I might notice a slight potency decrease but hard to say.

-GC