• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides How long does it take for LSD to degrade?

dankplantgrower

Bluelighter
Greetings bluelighters. I got 4 hits of blotter earlier, and instead of giving it to me wrapped tightly in foil like the last couple times, my source handed it to me in a big clear plastic weed bag. I was made to believe acid degrades when exposed to air and light, which concerned me because the acid is definitely getting exposed to air and also some light. How long without a foil seal will LSD hold? I have no foil.

I doubt a night out of the foil will ruin the tabs but I dont want the acid to suffer any if I can help it. For all I know it could have seen more air and light at the guys house as well. Id also like a general idea for future reference too I gues. Thanks all who respond, enjoy your evenings my friends.

Just throw it into foil. Any info anyone gives is speculation, who knows if ur tabs have been exposed to light and heat. Take it like you normally would, i doubt it has degrated any.

I have no foil, or even foods with foily wrappers, nor the means to buy any tonight. I put the hits in halfway through a big old book, which I hope should limit further exposure. All I could think of in a pinch, but it sure isnt getting any air or light. Also, Id like to get a basic idea of how fast LSD degrades just for future reference/general knowledge. I found good data about liquid LSD degradation but the blotter pages I looked at were contradictory. Between a month, and many years. This eases my mind about any degradation my acid has. But it wouldnt hurt to ask people here with firsthand experience, if not just to get a basic idea of how fast blotter might take before it loses apreciable potency.

It will be fine for months as long as it's not exposed to moisture and very minimal sun . If you want to be sure about freshness, throw it in the freezer. I used to keep them in my wallet sometimes for several weeks. They still worked. I kinda miss it, had a great run with it..

Tried some 6 year old LSD in recent months that has been stored out of a freezer for much of the time...seemed fine to me.

Once many years ago found a hit that had been loosely tossed into a desk drawer, was over a year old when found. I took it thinking it was probably stale but didnt want it to go to waste. To my great surprise it came on fast n strong. :)

Lsd doesn't degrade based on time, it degrades based on exposure to light(especially ultraviolet), oxygen, water, heat, and certain chemicals(like chlorine).

Storing your acid like you are is fine for now. Just store it differently when you have the opportunity.

Lsd doesn't degrade based on time

most people don't seal their acid in glass ampoules, though.

in practical "everyman's" terms, blotter acid will be good for probably more than 10 years if you don't get it wet or leave it in the sun.

old thread but my vials years ago turned yellow/golden lol ? :S the stronger ones a dark dark almost black yellow/black golden ? Anyone got any ideas what this is

had the crystal degraded? :)

i had them just stored around the home, normal , average climate :)

I always fancied trying lennons acid stash - when he went to india he buried all his acid in glass bottles in a satchel in the garden so his wifes mother wouldnt throw it out - when he got back he couldnt remember where he buried it. 50 years later they dug up the satchel but the bottle had broke.