• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Alcohol how long does alcohol last

1 beer, a 5 oz glass of wine or 1 shot of vodka / gin / etc. (80 proof average liquor) is metabolized and excreted from the body at a rate of about 1 drink (wine, beer or 1 oz shot) an hour.

So 6 drinks in 1 hour, should last 5-6 hours according to science.

Oh ok I dont understand

What don't you understand?

It depends on how much you drink to how long alcohol lasts -

If you drink a whole fifth (I believe 19 shots of vodka of say.. Grey Goose) that won't completely leave your system for around 19 hours, almost a whole day.

That's why if you get REALLY drunk the next morning you wake up still intoxicated.

I know a chick who was at a party, got hammered and got a breathalyzer the next morning at 9 AM after being pulled over for speeding, blew a .11 which is about 4 drinks deep, and got a DUI.

Yeah man, put the pipe down, and get some rest.

Stop wasting time and space here. If you have serious questions and want serious answers that's why we are here.
Not to argue like 12 years olds. If you don't like the answers or whatever then take your ball and go home. Some of us really appreciate this place and we don't need you to contaminate this great site.

5-6 drinks lasts 5-6 hours...

1 drink last perhaps 2.5 hours on an empty stomach.

Well, most weekends it only last about 8-12 hours, but when we get the whole crew going to some damn bonfire thingy then....I don't know.....48-72?

I'm no expert.