• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long does a large dose of dexamphetamine typically last?

Jacobb1991

Greenlighter
How long does a large dose of dexamphetamine last? Let’s say around the 30-50mg mark.

Hmmm, you might be awake for good 12 hours after that mininum.
The good stuff lasts like 6-10 hours, then the bad stuff comes in.

I take dex regularly. 30mg per day spread into 3 doses. I find each dose keeps me alert and focussed for 4-5 hours. The very few times I’ve taken a larger dose - say 50mg in one go - it had increased intensity but much the same duration.

Thank you. Answer I was looking for, straight to the point with experience.
A little bonus info: at those levels it has a negligible comedown. You just start feeling lethargic and sluggish. But if you pulled an all-nighter on it and missed your regular sleep you could feel pretty shitty until you reconnected with your sleep cycle.

A little bonus info: at those levels it has a negligible comedown. You just start feeling lethargic and sluggish. But if you pulled an all-nighter on it and missed your regular sleep you could feel pretty shitty until you reconnected with your sleep cycle.
Will I be able to sleep roughly 10-12 hours after dosing? And how will I feel the next day? I know everyone reacts differently just wondering if I’ll be ok for work the next day.

Tolerance affects how long it will last too.
Doing amphetamines for the first time can make you stay up for a while.
Atelier, my man - you have tolerance of a fucking bull.

I don't take amphetamines often.

But oddly enough yesterday i randomly took 70mg of adderall orally at 1pm. I literally haven't slept since. I was awake all night and didn't sleep even for a moment (despite trying very hard).

I did not think 70mg of adderall at 1pm would have made sleep impossible. But it did. And i made a bunch of attempts to knock myself to no avail (short of benzos because i didn't want to resort to them). I should have take some quetiapine but it was 3am by the time i thought i needed and didn't want to a quetiapine headache.

In my experience actual pure dextroamphetamine doesn't past especially long, although you're talking about what, for me anyway, would be a larger dose back when I used it.

I wouldn't expect it to last too much past 6 hours.

Methamphetamine lasts significantly longer. More like half a day easy, but pure dexamphetamine is a lot shorter acting.

Dexamp lasts a solid 12 hours for (makes sense - isnt the half-life 10 hous?, just no time to look it up.

However meth last me 36 hours mimum from 50mg, I think...certainly from 50mg

Think it's probs a fucked metabolism but who knows and it's still my reality

ymmv of course, and variation sounds likely

Adderall without tolerance will easily keep you high a very long time. 30-50 mg for a naive user or when I was in my teens would keep me up all night taken anywhere around 11 am or later. I wouldn’t be sleeping till 30-36 hours later honestly the next night.

Miss those days