• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants How long do I have to wait until it's safe to take stims

iaou

Bluelighter
How long do I have to wait after taking thorazine, remeron, and luvox to do meth or mdma and get full effects. Also is it dangerous to take luvox and stimulants together? Thank you.

. Also is it dangerous to take luvox and stimulants together? Thank you.

Luvox (Fluvoxamine) is major risk contraindicated with Amphetamines of all types. Perhaps doubly so for a serotonergic one like meth.

Two reasons. First it has the potential to increase the worst side effects of Amphetamines: Jitteriness, tachycardia, confusion, increased temperature etc etc - your basic overamping experience. The mechanism by which it potentially does this is not properly understood as yet and the warning is based on a number of emergency cases.

The second reason is the possibility of Serotonin Syndrome.

Luvox (Fluvoxamine) is major risk contraindicated with Amphetamines of all types. Perhaps doubly so for a serotonergic one like meth.

Two reasons. First it has the potential to increase the worst side effects of Amphetamines: Jitteriness, tachycardia, confusion, increased temperature etc etc - your basic overamping experience. The mechanism by which it potentially does this is not properly understood as yet and the warning is based on a number of emergency cases.

The second reason is the possibility of Serotonin Syndrome.
Shit how long after smoking would these effects occur such as seratoinin syndrome I smoked a bowl maybe 6 hours ago all the effects were blocked but am I still in a danger zone?

Shit how long after smoking would these effects occur such as seratoinin syndrome I smoked a bowl maybe 6 hours ago all the effects were blocked but am I still in a danger zone?
serotonin syndrome would develop fairly quickly, within 1-2 hours

if you still have antipsychotics in your system they can also contribute to serotonin syndrome as well

I would wait at least a few more days for these drugs to leave your system, depending on how long you were taking thorazine it might take a couple weeks for you to be able to feel meth's effects again

serotonin syndrome would develop fairly quickly, within 1-2 hours

if you still have antipsychotics in your system they can also contribute to serotonin syndrome as well

I would wait at least a few more days for these drugs to leave your system, depending on how long you were taking thorazine it might take a couple weeks for you to be able to feel meth's effects again
Thank you. Yeah I was really on on thorazine for 42 days while in the mental hospital lol and fluvox maybe 2 weeks. I'll just wait like 2 weeks.