• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides How long do I have to be off antipsychotics in order to trip on lsd again?

BlueViolin

Greenlighter
Hi all. I’ve been taking an atypical antipsychotic for manic depression a little over two years now. I’m discontinuing it with my doc this week. Can anyone tell me how long I should wait so that I can feel the effects of the lsd?

Hi all. I’ve been taking an atypical antipsychotic for manic depression a little over two years now. I’m discontinuing it with my doc this week. Can anyone tell me how long I should wait so that I can feel the effects of the lsd?
I am also interested in this.
If you are manic/hypomanic, bipolar, schizophrenic, or go into psychosis do not just suddenly stop taking antipsychotic meds and you should not be tripping on acid, mushrooms, etc. at all.

I doubt the time it takes to 'technically' be OK to take lsd again vs how much time you should actually wait is quite different.

I'd say ignore the 'technical' cool down and take more emphasis on your own headspace. Honestly I think a couple months would be a start.

What you are talking about is not to be taken lightly and you could undo many months/years of work if you rush into it.