• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe How long do bupe withdrawals last?

I fucked up too many times and got kicked out of the only outpatient sub program that is covered by my insurance and I can't afford out of pocket, might as well be on real dope again..... So I kinda screwed myself, no ones fault but my own, just wondering if a minor med or something would prescribe neurontin, etc for my symptoms.... If not, what otc works for you guys? I like drank, the relax drink when I'm sick, but what else helps?btw, I'm kinda scared to try Kratom, I don't need another habit, lol... Just wondering if it would be a godsend or another crutch........

Kratom kicks ass for getting off bupe, ya your going to wd from the kratom but its not near as long of a wd as bupe. And most of the withdrawal symptoms are mild but the restlessness, for me anyway. The thing about kratom for maintenance is the halve life of it is short so expect to wake up with restless legs n shit. And have some made so you can get up and grab for it and take it then fall back asleep and wake up feeling better.

About 6 years ago when I was 19, I joined the army, and took my 2mg of subs daily right until the day I left...thinking bupe withdrawals would be easy as hell compared to dope and oxy, I never thought I would go through 2 weeks of hell while in the midst of US Army Infantry bootcamp...I'll tell you, 2mg of bupe may seem small, but it kicked my as for 2 weeks. I never thought it would end. I made it through tho and now that I'm back in subs (4mg) a day, I truly respect this drug. When it's time to come off I'll taper down to .25 if not less than that before I jump. So yeah, just about 2 weeks for all the physical symptoms, and about 4 weeks before I felt normal again. Good luck man I wish you the best

^^^ Damn, wds in boot camp omg I thought it wss bad going through wds being locked up haha... jesus.
I jumped off of 11.4 mg bupe cold turkey,(had to switch to the 5.7 mg zubsolvs because of united healthcare) I can't taper for shit... dont got the will power. Shit was horrible n lasted like a month. I dint know how you handled that in bootcamp... Damn

^^^ Damn, wds in boot camp omg I thought it wss bad going through wds being locked up haha... jesus.
I jumped off of 11.4 mg bupe cold turkey,(had to switch to the 5.7 mg zubsolvs because of united healthcare) I can't taper for shit... dont got the will power. Shit was horrible n lasted like a month. I dint know how you handled that in bootcamp... Damn

Haha yeah man it wasn't a fun time at all. Honestly tho, I was so busy doing shit constantly and along with all the PT (running, pushups, all that fun stuff) it helped take my mind off it. Honestly I couldn't imagine withdrawing in jail...at least at basic we had the freedom to do what we wanted on our downtime and shit. In prison I'm assuming you don't get that leisure ha

Oh man no fucking way I'd pick withdrawing in Army boot camp over prison. You are one strong dude.

This does suck but not unmanageable, got at least two hours sleep, crazy using dreams though, every time I opened a drawer or a door I found balloons and needles, haven't thought about h in a while too.... now I don't even crave bupe, I crave my real DOC instead.... How fucked up.....
update: no longer detoxing for now, I caved....

Last edited:
Oh man no fucking way I'd pick withdrawing in Army boot camp over prison. You are one strong dude.

Thanks dude I appreciate that man. It was a real fucked up situation man. I took my last 2mg dose (snorted) the day before I was supposed to leave but we ended up getting a blizzard and was delayed for 5 days..at day 2 of being at MEPS waiting to leave is when they really hit. By the time I finally got on the plane and flew to Atlanta I was in utter hell. Honestly those first few weeks seem like a blur now, but I do remember how completely shitty of a feeling it was. Going through boot camp withdrawing, being home sick, getting yelled at every second of the day while withdrawing cold turkey off of subs was not a fun time at all. But once those first few weeks were over I couldn't believe how amazing I felt. And I ended up staying clean, completely sober, no subs or anything, for 3 years. I Def wouldn't recommend anyone to go through that tho ha. And the funny thing is, they army didn't piss test for subs at that time, and my recruiter new about it and everything. He lied for me just to get me in. I guess he really wanted that recruiting bonus hah!

I have the upmost respect for suboxone. I really thought CT off of 2mg would be a cake walk...I advise anyone to taper down to AT LEAST .25 before they jump. If not, expect a long drawn out WD very similar to methadone