• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long did it take for you to feel "normal" after quitting opiate addiction?

aaMizer720

Ex-Bluelighter
How long did it take for you to feel "normal" after quitting opiate addiction?

7 month addiction- I'm staring a cold turkey 100-160 mg @ once a day oxycodone withdrawal tomorrow. I know it says 7-10 days , but how long really physically mentally etc for you did it take for that , "normal" or feeling of before you used drugs, come back?

Mentally it'll always be with you. Psychically like a month to be fully normal.

About 1 to 3 months.

But after the first 2 weeks it's pretty much smooth sailing

I was addicted to high doses of kratom for 3 months and it took me about 1 month to feel normal. However, i replaced it with addiction to weed and exercise. (Ofc daily weed smoking is bad too but im working on it rn haha)

I dont know if it stays with you forever mentally, but it didnt for me. In fact, this stuff seems disgusting to me now. Throwing up, liver problems, feeling emotionless, and most importantly lower testosterone and sex drive. Now I get very bad anxiety from knowing that Im CAUSING MYSELF to lose muscle and become less attractive.

I beleive that you can train your brain to think differenty about a drug. What really helped me was reading inspirarional stories of people kicking their addiction and becoming stronger and healthier. Im into hip hop music, so i found Eminem's and Gucci Mane's stories very inspirational. Both of them lost a ton of weight and kicked their addiction through intense exercise and diet routine. Their physical transformation is truly amazing in my eyes.

Whenever you get discouraged or tepted to relapse, always tell yourself that you are stronger than any drug, and think of all the benefits of being sober. Also dont read to many stories of people suffering and relapsing, that will only make you feel worse and more tempted to use. Delete your dealers # too, he will only make you feel worse.

I used to be a sissy and spend alot of time laying in bed feeling bad about myself and thinking that life is unfair. But now, going through pain and discomfort can even make me feel good in a way. I get a huge sense of accomplishment from knowing i am the boss of my brain and body. I like to challenge myself and know that I'm becoming stronger.

Good luck to you and i hope this info will be helpful! :)

TL; DR: it will take about 1-3 months to feel normal. Try to replace your addiction with addiction to being healthy, fit, and good looking :) Read inspirational stories of people kicking their long term addictions (Eminem, Gucci Mane). Always remind yourself of the benefits of being sober and all the nasty side effects of opiate addiction.

Funny sidenote: also watch Steve-o from Jackass lol

Thanks so guys for the input in the replies. By the way, I appreciate the long and thought out response. Very nice of you to help me like that. I will keep everyone aware of how my withdraws go starting tomorrow morning on a different post.