• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How long can you go without dosing before you start to feel the first symptoms of withdrawal?

FunctionalJnkieGrl

Bluelighter
For me its exactly 24hrs ; then I start sneezing and feeling nasally congested. I don't wanna test my self-discipline any further than that. Not being able to breathe through my nose is bad enough.

I think it might depend on the opiate an dosing. When using a lot of h I would start to withdraw a lil within a few hrs an much stronger after like 12 but now that I've switched to morphine an cut down to 60mg I don't start to feel any withdrawal until 24-32 hrs an not real strong til like 36-48 hrs

I think it might depend on the opiate an dosing. When using a lot of h I would start to withdraw a lil within a few hrs an much stronger after like 12 but now that I've switched to morphine an cut down to 60mg I don't start to feel any withdrawal until 24-32 hrs an not real strong til like 36-48 hrs
I <3 morphine. I use to take the 60mg tablets. Those were the days. Its by far my favorite substance for a number of reasons but mostly because of its long duration of action. With ms contin, i didn't feel any withdrawal until well-over a day from my last dose. With oxycontin, its exactly a day when it starts to set in. I agree with you. I think the withdrawal commencement varies based on the drug type, potency, and whether or not its time-released. I find that my least favorite opiates/opioids are the ones that aren't time-released like heroin, hydromorphone, oxymorphone, propoxyphene, and codeine, and the one's I prefer are morphine (ms contin, specifically), oxycontin, fentanyl, but hydrocodone and tramadol to a lesser degree.

Last edited:
I like morphine cause it helps with cravings an withdrawal from h but it doesn't really give me much euphoria after using h which makes me less compulsive with it compared to h or oxy
I guess preferences in opiates vary greatly. I found morphine very euphoric when I'd take a hefty dose, like say 300mg. 5 60mg tablets would put me on cloud 9. Haha. I sure do miss those and yes, I'd definitely jones less when I was taking those.

From all opioids I have ever used (morphine, oxycodone, tramadol, tapentadol, kratom, methadone, buprenorphine) kratom was the only opioid that I was forced to dose during the night so I can sleep till morning. Red thai kratom made me withdrawal within 4-6 hours (20-25 grams daily use). Buprenorphine, naturally, held me longest and with bigger dose I could go more than 48 hours before first real signs of withdrawal.

if im on IV morphine its about 10-12 hours.... a good shot of Oxy or hydromorph would probably hold me for 8 hours. Methadone keeps me good for 24 hhours, but I honestly do have like legit withdrawal symptoms before my methadone every morning. goosebumps, chills, dry heaves, runny eys and nose, the works. I think im a fast metabolizer of methadone

sniffin hydromorphs is be good usually 12+ hours but then fent maaaaaan i'd be up in the middle of night snorting some to go back to bed

T
I'm a IV Heroin user, I first start noticing minor withdrawal symptoms between 20-24 hours after my Last dose. By 36 hours I'm in full blown withdrawal.
That's better than I thought. I would've thought it would only take about half a day before H withdrawal sets in.

From all opioids I have ever used (morphine, oxycodone, tramadol, tapentadol, kratom, methadone, buprenorphine) kratom was the only opioid that I was forced to dose during the night so I can sleep till morning. Red thai kratom made me withdrawal within 4-6 hours (20-25 grams daily use). Buprenorphine, naturally, held me longest and with bigger dose I could go more than 48 hours before first real signs of withdrawal.
And just to think some people use Kratom to EASE withdrawal. :(

if im on IV morphine its about 10-12 hours.... a good shot of Oxy or hydromorph would probably hold me for 8 hours. Methadone keeps me good for 24 hhours, but I honestly do have like legit withdrawal symptoms before my methadone every morning. goosebumps, chills, dry heaves, runny eys and nose, the works. I think im a fast metabolizer of methadone
I love how lengthy methadone is though. I've been thinking of kicking oxy to get on a methadone maintenance program, actually. I thinks there's one in my town but they're only open a few hours a day, 5 or 6 days a week. Not sure if that's the typical business schedule for treatment centers but that's how it is at the 1 place here.

Last edited:
I love how lengthy methadone is though. I've been thinking of kicking oxy to get on a methadone maintenance program, actually. I thinks there's one in my town but they're only open a few hours a day, 5 or 6 days a week. Not sure if that's the typical business schedule for treatment centers but that's how it is at the 1 place here.
sounds like a pretty tight schedule to work around. only having a couple hours a day window doesn't leave a person a whole lot of options for getting their life back in order. mainly referring to working but also any other commitments on might have. kicking oxy is an awesome idea i wish they would make it easier for people.

sniffin hydromorphs is be good usually 12+ hours but then fent maaaaaan i'd be up in the middle of night snorting some to go back to bed
It's the other way around for me. I'd have to snort dilaudid multiple times throughout the day. Might as well have been cocaine as short as it would last in my case, and that's not saying much about it given I don't care for uppers aside from caffeine (at least caffeine lasts longer than coke and is far more subtle). Now fentanyl...I could slap on a 100mcg patch and be be set for 3 whole days. Not the best high though. Its not near as euphoric as morphine or oxy in my opinion. Its just leaves me feeling heavily sedated, not so much relaxed and floaty--if that makes sense.

Last edited:
Hours :( (kratom)
Kratom didn't do a damn thing for me. People kept telling me i just wasn't using the right strain, but there's so many strains and i don't have the patience to waste time and money on a hit or miss substance.

It's the other way around for me. I'd have to snort dilaudid multiple times throughout the day. Might as well have been cocaine as short as it would last in my case, and that's not saying much about it given I don't care for uppers aside from caffeine (at least caffeine lasts longer than coke and is far more subtle). Now fentanyl...I could slap on a 100mcg patch and be be set for 3 whole days. Not the best high though. Its not near as euphoric as morphine or oxy in my opinion. Its just leaves me feeling heavily sedated, not so much relaxed and floaty--if that makes sense.
your talking them dilaudid 2's, 4's, 6's and 8's? i always did the hydromorphs. crushing the beads and shit. that might be why they held me a lot longer. i never found dilaudid to beany good for keeping me well for a good amount of time. i liked being mildly high but for a longer time for the purpose of working. as far as fent goes i used to take tin foil and stick a piece of a patch to it quickly light under the foil and then peel the plastic off. that goo is awesome to smoke off foil. fuck does it get you blasted hahaha. i didn't do that much though i used to snort powder fent everyday. it was the cheapest i could get so after years of hydros i switched to straight fent. years of suboxone and 7 months of suboxone withdrawals/PAWS has taught me a hard lesson about opioids and their power.