• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin How long can a cooked shot of heroin stay in a needle before it isn’t safe to use?

Mimic951

Bluelighter
I like to cook up my shots for the day all at once so when I need a shot it’s already there and ready. But I was told that it isn’t safe to leave it for more then a few hours cause of bacteria and something else. My main question is how long can I store a needle filled with cooked heroin.

Heroin will hydrolyze into morphine if left in H20. I think about 12hrs for complete hydrolysis IIRC. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. And the longer you wait the more bacteria will grow unless kept in bacteriostatic water.

Yeah Mr Deeds is correct it's going to begin to hydrolyze once it's mixed up in the water. Why this need to mix them all up at once for the day? Ive always just performed the ritual right before each shot/redose, it's part of the whole act for me with IV drug use.

Yeah Mr Deeds is correct it's going to begin to hydrolyze once it's mixed up in the water. Why this need to mix them all up at once for the day? Ive always just performed the ritual right before each shot/redose, it's part of the whole act for me with IV drug use.

So true. Making the shot is akin to slowly teaching the top of a rollercoaster, the anticipation goes great with the rush. I never prepped shots before hand.