• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

How Long Before Codeine Should I Have Grapefruit?

I think grapefruit is an cyp3a4 inhibitor while codeine gets metabolized by 2d6 so there shouldn't be direct interactions.

I think grapefruit is an cyp3a4 inhibitor while codeine gets metabolized by 2d6 so there shouldn't be direct interactions.

It inhibits 3a4 which allows more of the codeine to be metabolised into morphine by 2d6 (normally 10% is converted, but grapefruit/juice allows like 3 times that amount)

Anyone know the answer to the original question? I was gonna try like 30 minutes?
Strongest inhibition occurs when you drink it daily for several days/weeks beforehand.

On the same day you want at least 4 hours beforehand.

It takes awhile for the inibitory effect.

Also it has to be actual grapefruit not premade juice. Premade juice is pasteurized, which destroys the inhibatory chemical you want. Also just sitting on a shelf destroys the chemical.

100% has to be fresh squeezed directly from the fruit. It's a very fragile chemical.

Strongest inhibition occurs when you drink it daily for several days/weeks beforehand.

On the same day you want at least 4 hours beforehand.

It takes awhile for the inibitory effect.

Also it has to be actual grapefruit not premade juice. Premade juice is pasteurized, which destroys the inhibatory chemical you want. Also just sitting on a shelf destroys the chemical.

100% has to be fresh squeezed directly from the fruit. It's a very fragile chemical.

Hmmmmm...are you sure?
I feel like most people just drink like fruit juice from concentrate?

I used grapefruit juice, but fresh so no idea if it was pasteurized.

Hmmmmm...are you sure?

Yeah

"Therefore, grapefruit juice products that were hot filled or have been stored at room temperature for an extended period of time will have a reduced drug interaction potential. "

Hmmmmm...are you sure?

Yeah

"Therefore, grapefruit juice products that were hot filled or have been stored at room temperature for an extended period of time will have a reduced drug interaction potential. "

Hey, BTW, how's that work with poppy seeds? There's Codeine in there, but does it interfere with the Morphine?

im running to the grocery store once it opens and drinking a few gallons of grapefruit juice? how long does it last for and what type of effects can one expect off oxycodone and Xanax

hard to get down and the juice would contain more of the inhibiter????? or is it in the pulp?

Well I like the taste of grapefruit. I think it’s in whole fruit. Not sure what about seeds, I know extract of seeds is sold as supplement.

I never noticed potentation with grapefruit, but I never did codeine. I notice a lot more potentation/synergy even from cigs or coffee on some opiates. And with weed it’s usually so strong that it makes me wonder if maybe bupe is not only opiod that somehow gets to a lot higher plasma concentrations when used with weed. Ime most opiods get so potentated with weed that dose that simply removes pain tend to become strong enough to really recreational heights, be it feeling of warmth and euphoria or causing noding. That doesn’t seem like a simple synergy but it actually produces effects that can be achieved by simply higher dose of opiod without weed.