• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How Long and how much to take after buprenorphine

sub-u-done

Greenlighter
how much hydrocodone after being on subs

im on 16mg of buprenorphine a day for 5 months and i have 140mg of hydrocodone or 28 5/325 norco's how long should i wait before i can take the norco and feel it? and taking in account my 16mg a day bup, how much hydro would i have to take to get a nice opiate buzz goin?

Last edited:
Hi! It could take 24-72 hours (depending on metabolism) to be able to feel the effects of other opiates, likely on the longer end. However, given the level of tolerance 16mg per day would maintain, it would probably take quite a bit of the hydro to feel anything; and a possibly toxic amount of acetaminophen. One should consult acetaminophen max dose (per dose and per day) instructions.

Yeah man at that high dose of bupe you will def have a huge tolerance even after stopping cold from 16mg of bupe for 72 hours you still won't be able to feel anything, and at which point youd start to get sick. your only option would be to taper down and off the sub over a 30 to 40 day taper, you can taper down from 16mg to 4mg fairly quickly without any noticeable effects, then stay at 4mg for a week, then start making your way to 2mg, that's where the "wall" typically is, you want to dose from 2 mg down to very small amounts over the course of around 30 days to feel the least amount of withdrawal and lower tolerance.

you bring up acetaminophe. and your right about the toxic levels. i could do cold water extraction with all my norco's and do 140mg all at once

I'll put it to you like this, last week I started a thread here about my experience taking 60mg IR Oxy, after dosing down to 2.85mg buprenorphine for 4 days, I waited 36 hours and then took the 60mg oxy, I did not feel any Euphoria it was definitely a waste. I will make sure next time I ever take a full agonist opiate that I am fully withdrawn and off buprenorphine for at least 2 weeks.

Man I could write a whole novel on this subject but for the sake of everyone and my time I will just offer a quick personal experience sort of like what Wolvz said. I was on 8mg twice a day for 3 months and I decided I missed my oxy too much... So I waited 72 hours which was as long as I could go and IV'd about 75mg of oxy which should've been way more than enough to knock me on my ass and well ..I felt absolutely nothing at all.... Being pissed at myself for wasting a good hit I waited about 48 more hours and did a 60mg IV shot and barely felt any effects. After that experience I just gave up on being able to enjoy oxy while on bupe and didn't do anymore oxy until about a month post bupe treatment. Bupe's binding affinity is unreal and myself and others can personally attest that it's been the cause of many a wasted good hits :(

weird i have waited 48-72 hours before i dose a full agonist and i could feel the full effects by full agonist i mean some good h (IV) and i could feel it i didnt get a rush but i could feel it and i was nodding off i think it was the type of h that was cut with fentanyl. in some cases i have waited 24 hours before i did a shot of some tar and i could feel it but i didnt get a rush. is there cross tolerance between bupe and other opioid/opiates?

These guys had the bupe built up in their systems. If you happen to just take an 8mg strip one day, and don't take subs every day, you could feel full agonist opiates full strength after 24-48 hours. 36hours ideally. But if you have been taking subs daily, especially a dose high like 16mg/day, it is going to take like 7-10 days to feel your full agonist opiate. Like everyone else said, it is going to take some quite a bit of tapering over quite some time to get high.

Yeppers.. What smokestack said. And yes bupe will cause a cross tolerance with other opiates, the longer you're on it, the more so.