• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long after percocet should i wait to take xanax.

Alprazolambar

Greenlighter
I took 15mg of oxycodone/apap around 5 hours ago in an hour or so i wanted to take between 1-2mg of xanax i normally take more but i figured with oxycodone in my system less would be better, i know the half life is 4.5 hours in extended release oxy and 3.2 in immediate release ( i plugged my oxy and only ate one). so would i be safe to take 1-2mg i normally take 4mg to get "high" sometimes up to 9mg and am very experienced with benzos just not opiates and benzos. 15mg of oxycodone is also a fairly good dose to me meaning it gives me a buzz and even a nod (i was recently detoxed in rehab so i have little to no tolerance). i searched to find an answer but couldnt i only found an answer about oxycodone after xanax.

I took 15mg of oxycodone/apap around 5 hours ago in an hour or so i wanted to take between 1-2mg of xanax i normally take more but i figured with oxycodone in my system less would be better, i know the half life is 4.5 hours in extended release oxy and 3.2 in immediate release ( i plugged my oxy and only ate one). so would i be safe to take 1-2mg i normally take 4mg to get "high" sometimes up to 9mg and am very experienced with benzos just not opiates and benzos. 15mg of oxycodone is also a fairly good dose to me meaning it gives me a buzz and even a nod (i was recently detoxed in rehab so i have little to no tolerance). i searched to find an answer but couldnt i only found an answer about oxycodone after xanax.

It's good you're being so careful, 1-2mg 5hours after only 15mg of oxy you should be totally fine. My main quarrel would be your usage of the two substances in conjunction with each other so recently after your attempt at sobriety, but I won't get into that.
Good luck

i wasnt trying to get clean i was just detoxing for my tolerance to go down i had huge tolerances for benzos and opiates and being that i only occasionally use a huge tolerance becomes annoying.

i would wait.
i wont even get into the reasons why because they are obvious.

You should be safe but still id take it slow on the xanax maybe take .5 wait and see then another .5 just be cautious like you are and youll be good, you can always take more but you can never take less, ive stupidly done 1.5MG of xanax on top of .2-.3 of heroin and drank 2-3OZs of codeine sryup im pretty sure it was around 3-4ozs though because i kept taking my homies drink an sipping on it haha I cant remember exactly though because the xanax. I have no idea how I didnt die that night. I would never do xanax and heroin together, I only did because I was fucked up on the xanax so at the time it was like a "fuck it" moment but I didnt even think, I just did.

Last edited:
Hi Alrazolambar. If I were you, just for future reference, try not to mix any more depressants with your percs. Its a bad recipe for overdose, and especially don't drink alcohol with it. Per 30mg oxy maybe take .5mg xanax. if you can still get high off of 2mg xanax by itself, then don't go over 1mg xanax with the oxy. Only if you are EXTREMELY confident with your benzo tolerance.

Mixing benzos and opiates will lead to the over depression of your nervous system. Death isn't uncommon. And please, please don't drink with it. If you can avoid mixing please do.

Stay safe.

Last edited:
I am prescribed a similar dose and my last opiate does is 15mg of ER Morphine and 15mg roxi ir (which are actually 5mg supposed to be spread throughout the day) but I take all 3 with the morphine at around 4-5pm and then 2mg of klonopin at around 8-9pm. I know it's not the safest combo but I have been on that dose for quite some time and haven't had any problems. I would suggest keeping your dosage of both no higher than what you are taking now.