• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long after low-dose amphetamines is it relatively safe to take DXM?

Mayo_Tree

Bluelighter
Just so you know, I've opted NOT to do this tonight, for safety reasons, just in case. But for future reference, I thought it might be helpful to ask the question anyway, so here's the details:

I took a quarter of a speed pill ('ICE' - flat, more the shape of a chicklet than a brick) and a small line (which would've been about a half of a quarter, crushed) around 1pm in the afternoon.

It is now about 6:45pm, and I was thinking of taking DXM to finish out the evening/early-morning. DXM would've been 750mg dosed at about 40-60mg in ten-minute intervals over the course of an hour or two. (This may seem a lot, but it's my usual dose, I'm a big/tall dude, and I've been taking DXM literally for about 2 decades now, off-and-on).

Now, as I said, I've ultimately decided not to do it, just to be on the safe side, but wanted to know what the community might have to say about it, considering the dosage range.

Considering the speed dose is so low, would there have been a problem? I know there's really no way to tell just how much amps are in a pill unless tested, but... ballpark average?

What say ye? :)

Uptade: Today (the following day) I've decided to try taking DXM.

Last speed I had was at some point around 3am, and I started dosing with DXM about 6-7pm. So, I didn't wait a full 24hrs (which some had suggested on other sites).

Since no one responded to this thread, I decided to try it, and hope for the best.

As I mentioned in my previous comment, I'll take 750mg's in intervals of 10-15min apart. That's about 30-60mg's at a time, dosed over the span of an hour or two.

Once I hit the halfway-point of the cough syrup bottle, I intend to wait an hour before continuing the doses. This will allow what I've taken up to that point to kick in, and make the come-up smoother(ish).

If there's anything you think I shouldknow, drop a line below.

All the best,
-Mayo.

Every time I've mixed amphetamines and dxm, I ended up regretting it.

Imo Dxm is a drug not worth doing. It can be real bad for your brain if you make it a habit for any length of time. Although, the most intense hallucinations I ever had was after downing a bottle of Vicks 44 and smoking a joint before laying down in the dark