• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long after klonopin safe to take oxy

aXXo

Greenlighter
Around 10am I took 2mg of klonopin. I have no tolerance but have taken .5-2mg a day for past 3 days. Just got some oxy which I have a mild tolerance to as in I take them every day for a week or 2 and then ween my self off and don't do any for few weeks and repeat if it's available. The max I do is 60mg but usually 45 is perfect. So the question is since it's now almost 10 would it be ok to take 30mg of oxy?

combining opiates and benzos is so dangerous. OD expressway.
i couldn't say when would be a safe time for you to take a potential overdose, i don't know anything about you.

just do one or the other plz, opis+benzos feel crappy anyway.

Well I'm not taking them together o took the klonopin about 12 hours ago, just wondering if it's ok to take oxy now. If I would have known o was getting oxy today I wouldn't have taken the klon thus morning

Around 10am I took 2mg of klonopin. I have no tolerance but have taken .5-2mg a day for past 3 days. Just got some oxy which I have a mild tolerance to as in I take them every day for a week or 2 and then ween my self off and don't do any for few weeks and repeat if it's available. The max I do is 60mg but usually 45 is perfect. So the question is since it's now almost 10 would it be ok to take 30mg of oxy?

If you're not very familiar with how much of each you're tolerant to, it's best to avoid it altogether. As keeping said, it's extremely dangerous; but I think you know that or you wouldn't have asked. Clonazepam has a very long half life, and while you SHOULD be okay after only a dose of that size, there's no way to tell for sure.

^ Yes for sure. But if this is something you can't convince yourself otherwise, I'd wait for at least 3-4 hours. Opiates with benzos can be a mess and so difficult to come off. So I'd suggest you avoid the difficult things we can prevent.

Just don't take the benzo when your feeling the effects of the oxy, vice versa
And actually (please no rude comments from anyone, cause I am right when it comes to this). Opiates and benzos CAN be safely taken together if it is both taken at therapeutic doses. If it was such a deadly combination, doctors would not be prescribing for example opana to the man who has a broken back, along with Klonopin for the aid as a muscle relaxer.
As long as your not dosing both drugs in a recreational manner and mixing them, you should be fine..

Just don't take the benzo when your feeling the effects of the oxy, vice versa
And actually (please no rude comments from anyone, cause I am right when it comes to this). Opiates and benzos CAN be safely taken together if it is both taken at therapeutic doses. If it was such a deadly combination, doctors would not be prescribing for example opana to the man who has a broken back, along with Klonopin for the aid as a muscle relaxer.
As long as your not dosing both drugs in a recreational manner and mixing them, you should be fine..

They definitely can be taken together safely... by someone who knows what they're doing. Someone who has little to no experience with one or the other is wise to be cautious.

Benzos on their own are practically impossible to fatally overdose on, as I'm sure you probably know. But I have had some really close calls in the past recklessly mixing them with both opiates and alcohol. The risk is definitely there.

So someone asking questions about dosing with a benzo/opiate combo would certainly fall under little to no experience with one or the other, and therefore it's best to err on the side of caution in any advice we give.

Like you, I'm sure, I'd never recommend to anyone they'd try and repeat some of the shit I've gotten away with over the years when it comes to drugs... ?

since it's clonazepam you have to wait a while, like 7 hours, that's the half life of klonopin. It's a really long lasting benzo

since it's clonazepam you have to wait a while, like 7 hours, that's the half life of klonopin. It's a really long lasting benzo

Clonazepam' half-life is actually up to 60 hours. The duration of action itself can be longer than 7 hours.

If your taking a therapeutic dose of Klonopin you should.be fine mixing it with oxy

I never was aware of any dosage. When i say therapeutic I mean .5s, starting dose level doses. 2mg of klonopin is overload esp. even without mixing them with opiates. I would assume this guy is isnt dumb enough to lack basic druggery 101 lol. Let's hope