• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How is that MDMA feels happier than meth but meth feels better?

AvenaSativa

Bluelighter
My wife and I started smoking meth. She did MDMA before and I didn't. She said meth is like MDMA's cousin but MDMA is happier and more fun but meth feels better. I've also read other comparisons that said the same. How is this exactly?

Meth releases more dopamine where mdma releases more seratonin

Meth releases more dopamine where mdma releases more seratonin

This.

Serotonin: empathy, contentness
Dopamine: pleasure, drive
Noradrenaline: energy

MDMA is primarily a serotonin releasing agent with only moderate dopaminergic and noradrenergic effects, while meth is a powerful noradrenaline-dopamine releasing agent with relatively little effect on serotonin release.

Another way to put it is MDMA creates an empathetic feeling while MA creates a selfish feeling. I'd recommend giving up the meth and instead like 4 times a year at most take the MDMA with your wife and just connect with her and I'm not talking physically, but emotionally and spiritually

Well I dunno, it's no different than me saying weed creates a happier feeling but heroin makes you feel better.

The way heroin makes one feel better is in regards to pure, raw tactile pleasure, or what I'd consider euphoria. Do a speedball and one will literally be crawling on the floor due to the overpowering euphoria.

Weed makes me laugh at stuff and think music sounds bomb, but as far as that deep down pit of the gut feeling of fucking astounding awesomeness it just doesn't so much have it.

Ultimately we're dealing with subjective labels here, but I'd say describing something as making one "happy" is probably a little closer to making one "giddy", where as making one "feel good" is probably close to making one "euphoric". There's a lot going on behind the scenes with a lot of complex neurobiological processes, so it's to be expected that people wouldn't always be able to put a really solid label on how any given thing makes them feel.