• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How is Hydromet syrup? Is it recreational?

Edaw'Naflagn

Bluelighter
I got some cough syrup today from my doctor due to me having a bad sinus infection. I got 10oz's of this syrup and it's 5mg/1.5mg (Hydrocodone/Homatropine). I know Hydrocodone can be used to get a buzz but I'm not sure how much Homatropine can mess you up in a bad way; so if anyone knows how much you shouldn't do then please leave a post for me.

Homatropine is an anticholinergic drug, which can be unpleasant at higher doses. That limits the amount of hydrocodone you can dose, and it's debatable whether or not it would be worth it. If you do decide to try it, I'd suggest to start at low doses(15-20mg hydro) and work up to see how the Homatropine affects you.

I tried 60mg and nothing effected me in any odd way I feel normal and never once had any problems.

Homatropine is an anticholinergic drug, which can be unpleasant at higher doses. That limits the amount of hydrocodone you can dose, and it's debatable whether or not it would be worth it. If you do decide to try it, I'd suggest to start at low doses(15-20mg hydro) and work up to see how the Homatropine affects you.
Hey, could you help direct me to a strength chart for delirients? I know Homatropine is 1-10/1-5 to atropine in strength so it's nothing to me and I acually enjoy mild doses of belladonna alkaloids (I took 20 lomotil pills once and had delirium for 1 day and the next few weeks I felt "normal" only thing I noticed is that I had no runs which was great! & I enjoyed the brain fog due to me having a really annoying wandering mind that gets so bad to the point were I will hurt myself and abuse drugs just to feel some what "normal"). If you could please find me a chart that would be great! I know I'm a bluelighter but I have trouble finding things on this website due to a few brain problems I have from concussions I received when I was 4 when an clothing iron fell on my head from about 4+ feet above me and never had medical attention due to my family's struggles at that time. I read up on Wikipedia about belladonna alkiolods but it had very little info on Homatropine other than normal, mild, & major side effects; I also searched google for a few hours trying to study up on this predicament of mine. Much thanks if you find anything for me; I hope you see this or someone else sees this to help me out ASAP.

I don't know of any chart, but most people take OTC Diphenhydramine for an anticholinergic delirium. I wouldn't recommend abusing delirium drugs though. Why not just try an actual hallucinogen.

I don't know of any chart, but most people take OTC Diphenhydramine for an anticholinergic delirium. I wouldn't recommend abusing delirium drugs though. Why not just try an actual hallucinogen.
No I don't prefer to use drugs for delirium what I meant was I wanted to know how many mg's does it take before negative effects such as delirium or any other uncomfortable side effects accrue? I can handle belladonna alkiolods to a certain degree, but don't prefer them like I said before.

No I don't prefer to use drugs for delirium what I meant was I wanted to know how many mg's does it take before negative effects such as delirium or any other uncomfortable side effects accrue? I can handle belladonna alkiolods to a certain degree, but don't prefer them like I said before.
Oh. Well most of the cases of homatropine induced delirium I see on the web involve homatropine as a topical cream or a pupil dilating agent, and none are specific to a certain dosage. No source seems to say what dose causes delirium.

I just got prescribed Hydromet for acute bronchitis last night 5/1.5. Recommended dose is 5ml...which is exactly what I took last night and this morning. I am nauseous and dry heaving like crazy. I've recreationally taken opiates before and haven't had any issues so this has got to be the homatropine. Does anyone have ANY suggestions on how to stop and or prevent this awful nausea? I can't even stand up without having to run to the bathroom. Thanks.

If the recommended dose keeps making you sick, I would stop taking it and phone the doctor. Tell them what's happening and maybe they can call in something else to the pharmacy. Are you taking other meds like antibiotics? Sometimes they can mess with your stomach.

I am on antibiotics for five days, with two days left. I remember having a very violent reaction to this stuff a few years ago when I was trying to actually abuse it. I drank...a lot...and was sick for two days. It's been around 8 hours since my 5ml dose this morning and I'm just now starting to be able to stand up and walk around without hurling. What awful shit. But yes you're right, ultimately I do need to call my Dr and have this switched, just didn't know if there was anything in the meantime to ease nausea/vomitting. Thank you for the response.

Yes you could take a high dose of it and it won't do much other than basically what hydrocodone would do. Homotropine mixed in is a weak anticholinergic agent and won't affect you until you take mass doses of it. Trust me its safe and unless you drank the whole bottle at once you are not likely to even notice any effect other than a dry nose/mouth and it would be mild at best...

Also maybe the nausea is due to the opioid and not homotropine. I would think so and it might be due to the antibiotic as well! Try taking some pepto bismol or carafate 1 hour before you dose.

I'm pretty well-adjusted to opiates so I didn't think it would be the hydro. What is carafate?

Sucralfate (Carafate Brand Name) is a medication similar to pepto-bismol to coat the stomach due to ulcers and stomach upset. Its just prescription medicine. So if you are getting nausea have you looked into one of the best anti nausea drugs in my opinion which is Ondansetron (Zofran). While it won't stop you from puking if that is the cause due to dopamine flood or something on that end causing it, this drug will not make you sleepy at all and will actually work for nausea, at least for me it has when I was prescribed it.

Any other idea of what could be causing you to be sick? What else are you taking if you don't mind me asking?

It could be you are allergic to homotropine for some reason otherwise I cannot think of any other reasons without further info!

Hydromet has mixed reviews across the board (in terms of recreational experiences).
I myself have had amazing experiences with hydromet, with doses up to 30 mg hydrocodone and 9 mg homatropine. I've never had a negative experience.
The only negative I ever experienced, which I did experience each of the 6 times I've indulged in Hycodan, was a pretty bad dry mouth.
However, since I was high as fuck on hydrocodone, I didn't care, and keeping a cup of water nearby was no big deal.

On the other hand, some people can't handle that much homatropine, as they are very sensitive to anticholinergics.
If it's not for you, it's not for you.
If it is, then fuck yeah! You got some liquid gold!

This is a stretch but you do know that when you get a bottle of liquid medication especially with Hydromet, it will be alcohol based and maybe you are sensitive to that. While I question this myself, I will say that any liquid based opioid I have taken has always worked faster and more intensely than any oral pill I ever have taken, period!

This is a stretch but you do know that when you get a bottle of liquid medication especially with Hydromet, it will be alcohol based and maybe you are sensitive to that. While I question this myself, I will say that any liquid based opioid I have taken has always worked faster and more intensely than any oral pill I ever have taken, period!
To anyone who is viewing this now- my doctor switched me to Tussionex, which is SOOO much butter for when I have a cough or get sick. I had an extreme reaction to the belladonna alkaloid so we talked and Tussionex seems to be the best IMO and in hers. It's an expsenive syrup but works so much better and is non-alcoholic which is another thing that I'm pretty sensitive to so it was the right thing to be switched to Tussionex. To anyone who is using this "Hydromet" syrup I would suggest you talking with your doctor and getting it changed to what I get now or something else, it is really bad when you have a problem with belladonna alkaloids and if you're using this syrup for recreational reasoning I wouldn't; it's too risky and sucks ass to OD on the belladonna alkaloid that's in it. I couldn't imagine ODing off the homo, due to me being sensitive to belladonna alkaloids and I feel like it'd be so bad you may die or worse... Tussionex isn't even that recreational but is much safer and better than this syurp mentioned in my thread. The only bad thing about it is that you need to take at least an OZ and wait at least an hour before you feel anything due to the SR actions of Tussionex.