• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How is Ativan vs Klonopin

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
Granted the only time I was given Ativan was in detox in the ward. I was feeling ill so I don't know if it just made me ok or what. In 2010 I was put on klonopin. In 2017 I was yanked off 3 mg a day for seven yrs. Yeah it was rough. I'm thinking about Ativan since I've been on almost every mainstream benzo from Valium to Xanax. Ativan is the only one I haven't been given. Does it have that relaxant like Valium. I no it has a lower half life. I take 2 mg klonopin a day but really only half a one.

Yes, ativan is much more sedating, relaxing, anxiolytic and hypnotic than klonopin. Also more recreational and addictive. It's closer to xanax than diazepam.

It's one of my favorites, second only to xanax.

See I never like Xanax only when I first tried it. But after a year it became the same lame benzo.

See I never like Xanax only when I first tried it. But after a year it became the same lame benzo.
If you are anything like me that's almost if not every benzo, I feel either dead inside and regret taking some benzos where as real pharma Xanax ill mix rarely with my Oxy or something but as it stands on its own they definitely us to be a lot more fun. Clonazepam is a far lot stronger than Ativan and even Xanax medically speaking however I personally think Lorazepam has in the past given me a sped up zippy feeling but it has been some time. As for comparing the two id say it comes down to what kind of Benzos affects you best, much like Xanax Kpins have a chlorine atom which if I'm not mistaken in lorazepam is a carbon atom. It is pure speculation on my part and nothing more but possibly due to factors like this certain benzos may give more distinct effects, however their is obviously so much more at play than that.

It's shorter acting. Doesn't pack quite a punch as alprazolam. I have a love/hate thing with lorazepam, where I like it, but it just doesn't give me the "full" benzo feeling.

It's shorter acting. Doesn't pack quite a punch as alprazolam. I have a love/hate thing with lorazepam, where I like it, but it just doesn't give me the "full" benzo feeling.
Id have to agree on further thought. Although to be fair no benzos really give me a recreational affect or a high if anything its more of just a mellow a few levels below a high dosage of a good opiate although they can tend to also give me energy,
opiates that is.

Klonopin is stronger but it's long acting. Ativan is short acting but it's not as strong as Xanax and Klonopin

I live in EU and there is tendency to compare lorazepam to bromazepam or maybe diazepam. Good for emergency situations such a seizures, psychotic like states, non chronic anxiety (fear of dentis etc.). But it lasts a few hours like alprazolam and 1mg should be comparable to 0,5mg alprazolam.
Clonazepam Is more potent, longer acting agent. Both are good downers.

I got a script of .5 Ativan once, there was 20 tablets in the script so 10 mgs all together. I ended up taking 14 of them throughout the day and I didn't black out. Then one time I got a script of .5 Klonopin and there was 10 in the script and I took all 10 throughout the day and I blacked out pretty hard because my tolerance was low. So I'd say Klonopin is stronger

Klonopin and Xanax are much more amnesic than lorazepam, and potent by weight too. Klonopin gives me a more subtle effect and for a longer period, xanax is very short lived and much more addictive for me, lorazepam doesnt helped me so much, and tolerated well the huge doses too, i just stick to 1-2mg clonazepam, no withdrawals if i dont use it for a day or two, and i dont need huge doses to help my anxiety, and i dont feel much effect from it, its my prefference.

Overall, Ativan is just better in general. I dont use it for any certain situations besides when I’m nervous or just want to feel a little benzo. Xanax knocks me on my ass too hard so I stopped taking them. If I am looking for something recreational and i decide on ativan I have to take a very large dose of it to get smacked in the face by it and start drooling a little, yk the benzo feel. Even w an extremely small tolerance i still need a high dose. It works great though for anxiety, one of the better benzos to take when in social situations or around other people. Never been an asshole or embarrassed myself using Ativan for that. Xanax is a different story however. if I take klonopin and try to function in that way I will stumble around a good amount even if Im not slurring or feel fucked up.

I use stims a lot and klonopin actually works the best for me in terms of benzos when I’m crashing. my body will feel extremely relaxed and my head will clear a little more. No irritation or headaches or anger. It also is not debalitating so I have some energy to prep some food or read a book, respond to work stuff, etc before I get some rest. Don’t know if that’s your thing, just how it goes for me. Everyone will react differently obviously but i think generally Ativan is a better and more useful benzo compared to kpins. Recreationally it will knock you on your ass if you take enough.

Stay Safe!
I disagree. I would say Clonazepam is a better benzo both recreationally and medicinally. But that is just my opinion. It is stronger & last longer then Ativan. But since it takes about 45 minutes to really kick in so it can feel a little bit more subtle. But it completely rids me of my anxiety and it doesn't make me black out as bad as Ativan does either.

They're fairly similar. Lorazepam (Ativan) is a short(er) acting Benzodiazepine whereas Clonazepam (Klonopin) is a little longer acting. The duration of effect and the character of both are such that it would be difficult to differentiate the two if given blindly. Any addict will take an equivalent dose of Clonazepam without any complaint.

If not already established, Lorazepam is one half the potency of Clonazepam by weight, so 1mg Lorazepam = 0.5mg Clonazepam.

Lorazepam is a superior sedative-hypnotic, stronger amnesiac, equal as an anxiolytic, and slightly lesser as an anticonvulsant. Overall, lorazepam is the more powerful benzo, even if less potent.

I've been taking clonzepam for years prescribed , i don't get high, just don't panic. For any dental stuff i get ativan and i find ativan makes me a lil high and sleepy. I fond klonipin far better for managing my symptoms. I don't even feel it, just don't be anxious. We don't have xanax in Canada

Yeah I have noticed ativan to be more sedating but not like xanax, I could pop 2-4 of these and maybe snort half(dumb I know, but snorting a small bit of valium, kpins, or ativan seems to give me euphoria instantly whereas taking them orally is more dull, just my experience).

But yeah it also seems to put a darker glow on everything you see perception wise, where as all other benzos lighten up my sight; lights brighter or brighter glow.

Yeah I have noticed ativan to be more sedating but not like xanax, I could pop 2-4 of these and maybe snort half(dumb I know, but snorting a small bit of valium, kpins, or ativan seems to give me euphoria instantly whereas taking them orally is more dull, just my experience).

But yeah it also seems to put a darker glow on everything you see perception wise, where as all other benzos lighten up my sight; lights brighter or brighter glow.
Id say lorazepam is a stronger sedative than alprazolam.