Pathic sights, journey's end
Descent into another world

My time has come to meet the masters
All the corporate lords
I'm not afraid to face all their trials
Slavery, in the end they'll
Still have no power over me
-Morbid Angel

This is a story about the time I was abducted by aliens and saved the world.

I was sitting in my apartment one day. The sky was a fine crimson red, the suns’ rays burst through the celestial clouds and warmed my neck through the window, where I sat, at my desk. I was meditating, and at that moment I felt a supreme love for my world and all its beautiful and unique inhabitants. How lucky I was, to be given this gift, of life.

It was then that a horrible, acrid smell assaulted my nose, and before I could stand up to puke, my room began to shake violently. 'What could this be!?'

My mind was racing. Dishes and utensils began flying through the air, crashing into my walls and splintering into a thousand pieces. The sofa, was uprooted from the ground and began to levitate.

I was flung to the far side of the room, where I grabbed onto my kitchen counter in a vein attempt at steadying myself. The drawers from the cabinets suddenly discharged themselves like a quick round of ammunition from an automatic weapon, one of them hitting me in the chest, knocking the wind out of me and thrusting me against the door. In a futile attempt to escape I grasped for the doorknob, but the second my fingers grazed its brassy mass, it dislodged itself and shot across the room, crashing through the window in my study and disappearing into the void.

Bloodied and weeping, I sat there shaking and resigned myself to death. What, I wondered, had I done in life to deserve this cruel fate?

But then, as quickly as it had begun, the chaos ended.

The sofa, which had been levitating and moving slowly up and down from my office to my kitchen, dropped to the ground with a thud. The ground ceased to shake. The rattling of utensils and banging of pots and pans were replaced by an eerie silence. The room took on a startling blue hue, and as I watched on in horror, my ceiling opened up, and from the cavernous gash, a blindingly bright beam of light descended to my living room floor.

'We come in peace'

The words were spoken, but it is difficult to describe how, for I did not hear them, as much as I thought them. Yet they were not the product of my own mind.

'Please enter into the light'

Although it was against my will, I found myself standing up and slowly heading towards the terrible beam. I became panicked and struggled to regain control of my body, for I wanted to run. I wanted to get as far from that awful vortex, that had stripped me of my autonomy, as possible.

"Do not try to resist, for it is futile. But please, have no fear, for we mean you no harm'

I watched, my vision blurred by tears, as my body stepped into the beam, and then screamed as I felt my body ripped apart, particle by particle, until the light faded to black.

When I awoke, I felt a chill shoot down my spine, and I jolted upright. I had been laying on a cool metallic table, which was located in the middle of a small room. A steel door sealed the exit way, though I had no interest in what lay beyond the horrible vestibule I now found myself imprisoned in.

And as if by some cosmic act of irony, the moment those thoughts crossed my mind, the door suddenly made a jerking sound, and disappeared into the ceiling. Outside was a dark hallway, illuminated only by small lights that were placed evenly, every two feet or so.

'Please', a voice said, 'do not be afraid, we are so very excited to have you as our guest!'

"Where am I?" I cried into the darkness before me.

Ignoring my question, the voice replied;

"Please begin to walk down the hallway."

My legs began to move, one foot in front of the other.

"What if I don't want to?!" I screamed, now more angered than fearful.
"Why are you controlling my body?"

"Please keep walking down the hallway", the voice replied, unmoved by my protests. "After twenty three strides you will take a right."

My legs caries me the twenty three strides, and then stopped, and pivoted my body until I faced right. I saw another door ahead of me. This one was familiar looking, in fact it resembled the one that had been so rudely violated in my apartment.

"You will grasp the door knob in your hand and turn it to the right. Upon hearing the mechanism unlock, you shall apply pressure, and push forward to open the door."

Annoyed, I watched in reluctance as my body followed the instructions with a mechanic hesitation. 'As if I don't know how to open a door', I thought, with resentment.

When the door opened, I was taken aback by the dramatic world I had entered. Strange animals flew through the air, bizzare and horrible plants sprouted from the ground. Beyond some rocks, a small creek streamed, and on the other side I saw a gathering of bizzare, bipedal creatures, all of them looking at me, a strange smile possessing their faces.

One of them stepped forward, and with a laugh, beckoned me. "Come join us my child! If you choose to willingly I will return to you control of your body."

I was suspicious, but I yearned so badly for the freedom the creature offered, that I agreed to the offer.

"Oh good", the creature said.

I collapsed under my own weight and hit the soft soil. With great difficulty I pulled myself up from the ground. I felt as though I was being weighed down by rocks.

"Forgive our gravity my friend", the creature spoke, still smiling. He stepped forward and offered out his hand, which against my better judgement I took.

"It will take a little time to adjust, but I assure you, adapt you will."

"How long will I be here?" I asked.

The creature paused for a moment, as if deep in thought, and then spoke, "Perhaps forever, perhaps not long at all. It's not something I have any power over. But please, come with me, for our leader is anxiously awaiting you."

With the creatures aid I cautiously made my way across the little creek and followed him up a winding trail through a terrible forest that led us out into a grassy plane that shined like cheap plastic and smelled of chemical cleaner.

In the middle of the field, hovering above the ground in a great winding chain, were more of the same awful creatures, though these ones were winged. Some of them held trumpets which filled the air with an awful chaotic sound. On and on they swirled, spiraling so high that they seemed to disappear into a haze in the sky. My 'guide' stepped forward, and then got down on his knees. His head facing the horrible vortex, he cried out, "oh Heavenly Father, oh king of king's. For you, a gift. I bring you a man from a distant world, far from ours. I humbly beg of you, dear Father, do accept from me this offering."

"Leave him here and be gone", said a deep voice, which seemed to have been birthed from the depths of the horrible world I had now become a hostage of.

My guide stood up, tears welling in his eyes, and cried out in a fearful voice, "yes my lord, it shall be as you wish!"

And with that, he turned and ran back into the forest, eaten up by its thickness, disappearing into its darkness.

I turned back to face the grassy plane. Something strange was happening, the vortex of winged creatures seemed to part, revealing a beam of light which emanated from above the clouds and seemed to be infinite and without a source.

The winged creatures with horns began to play a clumsy ensemble, and as they did, I watched as a new set of winged horrors descended from the light. These ones held swords and muskets that breathed fire. Some of them carries drums, and beat on them in a haunting and barbaric rhythm. The gang slowly drifted towards the ground until they hovered just a few feet above it.

One of them cloaked in a golden robe and carrying a flaming sword flew forward until he hovered just a few feet from me.

"Being from another world, I present to you our leader and lord. Bow before him and be humbled, for you are unworthy of his presence."

The winged fool thrust his flaming sword towards me, which I took as an indication to get down on my knees. As I did so, the crowd of hovering beings parted way, to reveal a figure cloaked in white that sat on a golden throne, with a bright light shining from his crown.

"Please, Gabriel, the drama is unnecessary. We do not wish to frighten our guest, and it is us who should be grateful to be in HIS presence."

The creature called Gabriel nodded, and then flew back to the cluster, positioning himself to the right of the golden throne.

"Dear guest", the leader of this abhorrent crowd spoke, "please stand, it embarrasses me to see such humility."

I rose to my feet.

"You are probably wondering why we have plucked you from your world and brought you to this exotic land of ours, though none of this is real in actuality, for we are not on a planet, but inside a space ship. All this beauty," he gestured towards the horrible grass, the awful trees, and deformed looking beings, "All this is just a fraction of what our true world possesses, but it helps my people feel more at home out here...in space."

The being looked to the ground with a sad face.

"I'm afraid to say though, that our beautiful world is in danger of self destruction. And that is why we have brought you to our ship, for we fear that you are their only hope at salvation."

"Me?", I said surprised. "Why me?"

The being replied:

"Pure mathematical chance I'm afraid. Though I would like to tell you that it was your destiny, that you were born to be this 'chosen savior of a foreign world', I cannot, for that would be a lie. The truth is that any being from your world would have done. It just so happened that the beam fell on you." He chuckled, then rested his head on his hand and sighed as if in defeat.

"What plagues your world", I asked the great and awful leader.

"Sin, my friend."

"What is sin?" I asked, stepping forwards.

The leader beckoned me closer and then put out his hand.

"Please," he said, "let me show you."

I grabbed his hand and felt a great numbing light envelop me. Brighter and brighter it became, until I was forced to close my eyes for fear that I would be blinded otherwise.

When I opened them I was shocked to find myself once again, transported to another world. The leader stood by my side, and we seemed to be standing on the roof of an immensely tall structure. Looking down, I saw a chaotic and shocking city, unlike anything from my world.

"Let us get a closer view", said the leader, and grabbing his hand, I walked with him over the edge of the building and slowly descended to the city ground.

When our feet touched the hard rock that lined this strange planets surface, I watched as one of its inhabitants pulled out a type of gun unlike any I'd ever seen, and blow the head off of another being.

"This, is the greatest sin. It is known as murder. This man has just taken the life of another out of greed."

I saw the creature walk over to his victim, who's head contents were spilling into the sewer, and began to go through his pockets, taking certain things, throwing what was apparently of little value to the ground. He then unzipped his pants and urinated over his slain victims’ corpse.

I must have been visibly troubled for my celestial guide turned to me and said, "fear not, for they cannot hurt you. They cannot even see us."

I nodded my head. The leader gestured to me to follow him.

Around the corner, we came across a female being walking into a building. About ten seconds later a man walked into the same building. My guide turned to me, "come, let us enter the building too."

We quickly ran across the street and into the building. There, in the hallway we saw the male and female waiting for an elevator. There was a 'Bing!' noise and the doorway parted and we followed the two inside. Almost immediately, as soon as the doors closed, the male assaulted the female, punching her so hard in the face that blood shot out of her nose and she flew backwards, hitting one of the elevator walls.

As quickly as he had assaulted her physically, the man was soon on top of her, forcing his genitals into the females rectum. As he penetrated her he continued to hit her; blood spilled down from her crown. I turned to my guide, “Surely you can stop this?!” I cried.

My guide placed his hand on my shoulder, his halo dimmed and his face sagged.

“I would like to my friend, and I could. But I have given my people autonomy. If I interfered, it would take the meaning out of choice. Come now, I think we’ve both seen enough.”

The elevator doors opened up and we walked out.

“What horrible thing will you show me now?” I asked.

“I will first show you a tragedy, and then I will show you the dragon.”

We walked through a narrow dim hallway and down a small flight of stairs that led to a door, above which the words ‘Exit’ hummed, glowing with neon light.

The door led back outside into an alleyway. It was strewn with trash, rotting food, and broken glass. Rats and cockroaches scurried along the walls and congregated in the shadows. Next to a dumpster a group of figures huddled close. They were covered in filthy clothes, their eyes glazed over, blankly staring into a dismal reality. I was confused.

“Are they dead?”

Sadly my guide turned to them.

“No, they are not dead, but they are dying. These are my fallen children. In a different time, they could have offered the world great things for they are sensitive and strong in their ideals. Yet they have been poisoned by the seed of the dragon. They feel alone and out of place.They believe that there are only two choices. The choice of inflicting pain, or of being the subjects of that pain. So conflicted are they, that they have sought a middle ground. They infuse themselves with chemicals that take away the pain, making them blind to their true reality. Had they any faith in me, some of them could become great leaders, artists, and intellectuals. But the world they live in is a product of sin, and it has infected them with cynism and they have grown jaded. Their choice is a living suicide; self inflicted and endless pain that they cannot feel. They live a pointless existence, their only drive is to seek that which numbs them from their suffering. They are the living dead.”

I was deeply disturbed.

“Why”, I asked, “Do they live out here, in the cold, surrounded by filth?”

“They have chosen to worship a chemical, and for that they are scorned by the rest of their kind, who view them as weak and unworthy. So they are banned from their houses and thrown out on the street like the trash that surrounds them.”

We walked out of the alley and onto a bustling avenue filled with high rise buildings and storefronts with neon awnings which illuminated the darkness and brought a sick energy to the night.

My guide turned to me and said, “Do you see those two towers over there? That is the lair of the dragon. Come, I will show you my enemy.”

We walked through the rushing crowds, several times I was separated from the guide and nearly lost him. Creatures were screaming everywhere, some were puking in the streets, others held up signs in protest. One man had strapped a large cross to his back and was defecating into the gutters. The smells overwhelmed me, I was beginning to feel suffocated by the atrophy of this dying civilization. I was about to grab my guide and beg him for a break when he stopped and turned to me.

“We are here”, he said grimly.

I looked up at the huge shining monolith. It was shielded in dark glass, the type that one can only see through from the inside, but cloaked it’s inner workings to those that gazed upon it from the street. It had a golden awning and a large clock guarded it’s plaza. We walked towards and through it’s great revolving doors and into a great lobby where creatures wore sharp suits. A gentle but dull melody echoed through the air.

“What is that awful sound?” I asked.

“It is called ‘elevator music’.” My guide said, “rather deplorable, don’t you think?”

I nodded with conviction.

We rode up one of the escalators and walked along an elevated plane from which we could look down upon the lobby. We took a right, and my guide pressed a button which opened up an elevator door.

Inside an older creature stood, dressed in a ridiculous getup and asked us which floor we were heading to.

“Take us to the sixth floor, demon.” My guide said.

“As you wish, Nazarene.” Replied the creature, a subtle snideness detectable in his tone.

The doors closed and we ascended in silence.

“Why have you brought this foreigner here?” The creature asked, “The master is very busy, too busy to be burdened by your weakness and bored by your humility.”

“The ‘Master’”, said my guide, “should humble himself, perhaps, for his own ambition will be his very undoing. He would be wise, perhaps, to see my guest.”

“We shall see”, said ‘the demon’, and the doors opened. “The sixth floor ‘my grace’”.

We stepped out into a great hallway, the ceiling seemed miles high, the walls were made of marble and glittered with golden flakes, the floor a dark obsidian. In the far distance there was a door, which we began to walk towards.

“Before I bring you here, I must reveal to you who I am.” Said my guide.

“I am God, but in my present form, I am the son of God, which is somewhat confusing, and not worth the trouble of trying to understand how that can be possible. 1,000 years ago I was immaculately conceived to a woman named Mary. The world back then was as cruel as the one you see before you now, though in those times, there was not even the hope of salvation. The gates of heaven, were closed to all, both good and bad. The dead were sent to hell, to be fed upon by the dragon.”

“I was raised as a carpenters apprentice,” My guide went on, “But when I came of age, I learned of my miraculous birth and became aware of the great powers I held. I abandoned my old life to start a new as a teacher, spreading the word of my father, er, my own, love. At first the people scorned me, for they thought I was just another false prophet, but that all changed when I showed them my powers. I healed the crippled and the blind, I fed a crowd of a thousand with just one fish, I brought the dead back to life.”

My guide paused, as we got nearer towards the door.

“Soon I became popular, I had many followers, and a group of 12 that were the most faithful, with whom I placed my trust in. So popular I had become however, that the powers which governed that great and awful civilization, became paranoid and conspired to destroy me. In the end it was one from my inner circle who betrayed me and turned me over to the enemy. I could have escaped, for being the manifestation of God in mortal form, I knew of the conspiracy before it was every spawned in the dark heart of my wayward apostle. But I did not stop it, I let them capture me, I let them execute me. Oh, it was a terrible death indeed, nailed to two wooden sticks along with two thieves and rapists. Ultimately it was suffocation that killed me, and it was a long and torturous process. But it was a sacrifice I made, for my death was the key that opened the gates of heaven to the mortals.”

“I had told my followers that I would be resurrected, after my death. In an attempt to prevent this, my enemies threw my body in a tomb and blocked it with a large rock, and had two sentries guard the entrance (or exit depending on your perspective). However, the rock nor the guards could prevent me from rising again. I visited my followers, proving to them once and for all my omniscience. I planted the seed, which my students nurtured so that my name would never be forgotten and my teachings would influence the world for centuries.”

“But while my following increased, growing more and more powerful, so did that of the dragon. For though these creatures are the product of my creation, they are easily misled and influenced, and evil is a master of manipulation.”

“After several centuries, his seed began to infect the hearts of my lovely creatures, and they began to reject me. Within the span of a few generations, the world had become godless. Men thirsted power, not salvation, and many souls were won by the devil, for he could offer great gifts in the world of the flesh. Eventually the beast had grown strong enough that he planted his seed in a mortal woman, and was born, evil, incarnate on Earth.”

Growing annoyed, I turned to my guide;

“Are you finished?” I asked.

“Yes, let us meet the dragon.”

My guide swung open the two giant doors, and we entered the dragons lair. It was a vast room with large dark windows. In the middle of the room was a huge wooden desk with a golden plaque that had a trumpet engraved on it. Behind the desk sat a squat, orange faced creature with an expensive suite on.

“Hello Mr.Christ, to what do I owe the pleasure?” The Dragon asked.

“I have come to show you my victor”, my guide, Jesus, replied.

The dragon stood up from his throne and walked towards me. He looked up and starred into my eyes. I stared back, seeing flames, whips and flesh in his pupils.

“So you’ve brought an alien to Earth. Very impressive Jesus, a bold move. But what makes you think he will fight me? What have you to offer him?”

“This creature cannot be bought by material means Devil.” Replied Jesus.

The dragon turned back to me and smiled.

“Well, I wish you the best.” He said, and offered his hand as if to shake.

“Do not take it.” Jesus said. I obeyed.

“We should be going.”

We exited the way we came in, through the large wooden doors, but when we emerged on the other side we were not in the hallway of the massive monolith, but instead found ourselves on a massive cliff. Below us on the desert sand, between the various valleys and planes, was an army.

“What is this?” I asked, looking back to my guide.

“This is your army. These are the men and women that you will lead into battle, to slay the corporate lords who have falsely used my name to gain power to wield for the sake of evil. Will you take up my banner and bring them victory?” Jesus asked, and tried to hand me a flag with the sign of the cross on it. I stopped him.

“What”, I asked, “Would be to gain should I succeed in this fight against your enemy?”

Looking startled by my question, Christ began to sputter:

“Well, isn’t it quite obvious? You would eliminate evil from this earth, and I would once again have dominion over this world. There would be 1,000 years of paradise, a heaven on Earth.”

I looked into his eyes. “And after that?”

He sighed, his shoulders sagged.

“And then it would start over again, the eternal fight between good and evil, light and dark, yin and yang.”

“I see”, I said, and then continued, “When you summoned me before you on your ship, you asked me to save your world.”

“I did.” He replied.

I picked up a sharp stone from the dry ground.

“If I take up your banner, will your men and women take trust in my every command?”

“Once you take the banner, they are yours to control.”

“Very well then.” I accepted the banner, while still holding the rock, and walked towards the edge of the cliff.

“People of Earth”, I shouted, “Your leader has told me of your predicament, and given me command of your armies. I am to save your world.”

“However”, I continued, “I do not see anything worth saving. I do not see anything salvageable among your depraved and violent culture. You are a vile race.”

“And though I cannot save you, for no one can, I can save my own world...From being infected by the hatred, lust and greed that I was exposed to during my time with you.”

“So for the sake of a planet and a race that you will never meet, I demand of you, and of myself a sacrifice.” I slit my wrists with the rock and threw the banner to the ground.

“Do as I have, and be done with it.”

And that is how I saved the world.

Last edited: