• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How hard will I trip off a 5 oz of delsym?

Sxphiak

Greenlighter
I've never tripped on dxm before but I've had plenty of experience with shrooms and acid. Should I take the whole bottle? How will the effects be? It's also dextromethorphan polistirex, extended release suspension. Does that mean it'll take longer to kick in? and are the effects any less than hbr? If you also want to write your trip on dxm I'd like to read it.

Polystyrex means that it's slowly released and the duration is twice as long but its also twice as weak / half as strong compared to HBr. The onset may be a little bit drawn out but I think they either make varied particle sizes of the polystyrex or don't bind/protect all DXM as much so that some of it acts immediately and some takes longer to absorb. I have had polystyrex but I crush the beads from capsules in a mortar and pestle.

About 10% of Caucasians have an enzyme deficiency that affects the breakdown of DXM in the body, and these people can get very strong trip effects. For that reason it's best not to do too crazy a dose for the first time. 1st or 2nd plateau only, but prepare for heavier to be sure.

Pretty much you should take twice the dose you usually do with DXM HBr, but it will take twice as longer to kick in and last twice as longer.
So for example, if you usually trip on 500mg of DXM HBr, then do 1000mg of DXM Polistirex.
But then again, if you usually take 750mg of DXM HBr, then do beware taking 1500mg of DXM Polistirex, because this is a large dose and could possibly kill you.

Don't even use Delsym to trip though, it doesn't even work that good.
I wouldn't even attempt using Delsym to trip again, I've done it twice with 800mg Polistirex doses and barely anything happened. Stick with DXM only Robitussin (it can have guaifenesin just beware you may throw up) or find some DXM powder online, which is the best way to go.

However I do believe DXM Polistirex will bring 100x more euphoria than DXM HBr does, but that's the only real effect. For some reason the Polistirex version makes me VERY happy, but I have no idea why.