Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How far from harvest?

softblue

Greenlighter
Hi

It's been a while since I have grown mushies myself and I have never tried with exactly this sort - they are sold as Cubensis ecuadorian.

So could someone say how far out they think harvest time is here? I guess most often the rings need to fall off the cap

48424527-2017694344973035-8778402687570935808-n.jpg

Hi

It's been a while since I have grown mushies myself and I have never tried with exactly this sort - they are sold as Cubensis ecuadorian.

So could someone say how far out they think harvest time is here? I guess most often the rings need to fall off the cap

48424527-2017694344973035-8778402687570935808-n.jpg

I always harvest just as the caps are opening and before the spores drop as this seems to have an impact on the next flush and can even stop it from what I have read.

Definitely get them before the spores drop. Just watch them. It looks like they'll get a lot bigger but it happens pretty quick, it could be in as little as a day or two. The caps will start to open, the veil will break, and that's when you should pick them. You can cut ones off at the base if there are some unopened ones that would pull off with them, because they won't all be ready at the exact same time. They keep getting bigger once the cap opens, but from what I understand they also stop producing actives so they will be less potent by weight anyway, and if the spores drop it seems to greatly reduce the next flush.

A few of those are ready to pick. Just look for the veil under the cap to have just broken and the cap to just start opening up.

Hi again. An update and some questions from me.

I have harvested two times - maybe 20 mushrooms total. I simply picked the ones that were open and where the veil in most cases had broken.

However most of the mushrooms are not opened at all in the cap and have no visible (or broken) veil.

I am a bit in doubt about what to do here. It seems like 10/20 of my shrooms were super healthy - grew big and opened properly. However the rest seem to have stopped growing and they show no sign of opening up further. This can be seen in the images. Maybe it got too dry, since i stopped my daily spraying of water on them - it seemed at one point to have gotten to wet around the mushrooms (in the mycelium, not humidity which is obv 100%).

An image from 5 days ago:

IMG-2514-1.jpg

And from yesterday - very little if any visible developent since last image:

IMG-2517.jpg

Do you think I should just harvest all of them now even though they havent fully developed and then hope the next flush will work out better?

The first time I grew they were much more homogenous in their development - meaning I could harvest in one big go.

Hmm, in 5 days it hasn't progressed much more? Maybe harvest them. I mean they'll be potent, even perhaps slightly more potent by weight (but less total weight). They certainly won't be ruined. I would think in 5 days you should have had more movement than that. I can't tell but I might see some spores that had been released on some of the fruiting bodies... it's hard to say though, could also be bruising. If spores dropped that could have something to do with it.

I dunno I've only grown them twice so I don't have a lot of experience.

I don't have that much experience with growing them either, but when I did I always waited till the first caps opened up and then harvested everything immediately and waited for the next flush. I have read before, like Shadowmeister said, that the ones that stay small (aborts) tend to be stronger by weight, but from my personal experience I don't think there is that big of a difference.