View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How Everyone Is Really Overdosing on Salvia

DerDiebKommt

Bluelighter
Hi everyone. I'd like to educate you all on Salvia and how everyone is overdosing.

With some research I have figured out that Salvinorin A (what is in the plant and what gets you high) doses are:
Threshold: 0.2mg
Moderate/Strong: 1mg
Uncomfortable: 2.5 mg

In a gram of the real plant there is approximately 2.5mg of Salvinorin A.
But in a gram of 5x Extract there would be 12.5mg.
In a gram of 10x Extract there would be 25mg.
In a gram of a 60x Extract there would be 125mg.

So about a half gram of pure Salvia would contain 1.25mg Salvinorin A, enough to get a moderate to strong dose.
But with a 5x Extract one would only need 100mg to reach 1.25mg Salvinorin A.
With a 10x Extract would one only need 50mg.
Extracts go up to 60x. With a 60x Extract one would need less than 10mg to get high.
So with a gram of a 60x Extract one could get high over a hundred times.

It seems no one really smokes the pure leaf and everyone just smokes extracts now. But I've heard of A LOT of Salvia experiences being uncomfortable.
I'm pretty sure the problem with Salvia is no one really knows how to get a good high with the extract and their high just gets VERY uncomfortable.
The problem is everyone is overdosing.

There needs to be more education on this drug and it's extracts for better usage.
I look forward to what you all think.
Cheers.

What are you talking about???
Would you consider breaking through on DMT to be an overdose?
Some psychedelic trips ARE supposed to be intense and uncomfortable.

What are you talking about???
Would you consider breaking through on DMT to be an overdose?
Some psychedelic trips ARE supposed to be intense and uncomfortable.

Yes, but not many people overdose on DMT do they? They take the normal dose for pretty much everyone so they don't get lost.
But the 'normal' dose for Salvia is much lower than what usual people smoke, it's what the trip is supposed to be like.

Most people probably do overdo it with salvia and this is actually a really good guide especially for people wanting an introduction.

This is so true, I am always saying this when salvia comes up (like yesterday)..

Sure, if you want the breakthrough with all the bells and whistles and possible rummaging around etc then you are not overdosing... but I think most people might like to find some middle ground / work up to it.

I honestly hardly ever see people taking the effort to weigh a dose. I think because it's a herb like weed or things from an ethnobotany / smartshop like damiana you can just get away with eyeballing a pinch or just go ahead and stuff your bowl with it.

And the idea that it can be hard to get over the threshold reinforces the approach to take on as much as possible.

But if you think about it.... why would you weigh DMT and not this?

Salvia is really a different beast than what you typically read about, if you just take it slow - in my experience it is wonderfully meditative and mostly comparable to a concentrating/freezing dissociative at moderate doses.

I've been growing a lot myself and might work up with quidding or buccal etc for that purpose, but never the balls to the wall stuff.

This is so true. Salvia is so powerful, it will have you literally begging for your crappy life back.

It's bizzare how nobody measures out arguably the most powerful psychedelic. Ive been guilty of taking more meticulous care with 2c-b.

For anybody wanting to know, then 400/extract number = moderate breakthrough.

Certain synthetic cannabinoids seem to mimic salvia very closely in the dosage/response curve and the overdose "limbo".

True, one can easily find himself the tooth on a gear on the complex molten ball of mechanical souls powering Earth's core on either substance. But find the sweet spot (preferably not by a well-to-do friend's acrylic bowl guesstimate) and you're cruising.

...Flying down a rainbow highway across South America in an early model Thunderbird at breakneck speeds, you look down to fasten your seat belt to find the idea of the couch idea of the couch idea of the couch idea of the couch idea of the couch idea of the couch.

And then you just go with the flow from there.

the pure leaf when smoked is enjoyable in a weird way

OP this is very true.

pure leaf in public is fine and gave me giggles and was manageable and not unpleasant (i liked it)

Would love to try Salvia pure leaf. Not touching the extract for a while. It takes me around 8 years to mostly forget the ridiculous unbearable effects I get.
Effects and dosage vary widely among individuals. After gotten my ass kicked out of this world. My friend just smoked same quantity, and he didn't act like in danger, and remember him saying...it's strange...
Before when I was asked: I couldn't talk any sense.

For me Salvia is like a rite de passage. I don't feel I'm learning much else than to be brave. It's not an state I enjoy being in. It's more just pure curiosity.
I tried taking smaller dosages, and even if no halucinations were present. The effect was lowed but just being quite uncomfortable.

No, not necessarily. It is a breakthrough experience. Quite a powerful one too, if you smoke correctly.

Man, I keep forgetting to try this stuff...note to self: Try Salvia.
It just doesn't look all that fun on Youtube though.

Thanks OP, I always thought the same, people look like they're going full retard in many YT videos, drooling, slurred speech, loose limbs, it does not look very appealing to put it kindly.

I always wanted to try it, it's so easy to obtain, yet these videos always keep me from doing it, but I think I'll just try a low dose and slowly increase the dose to test the waters this way.

Thanks!

I used to grow a salvia plant and the plain leaf was incredibly potent. I spoke to the plant daily and asked for it's help. It blessed me with some great leaves. 5-7 lungfuls would be a breakthrough dose, less was more enjoyable but not as deep. It was a bit much smoke, but the trips were so so much better than any other salvia I've tried. I agree that everyone is overdosing, extracts beyond 7 or 10x are totally useless. The only reason to smoke an extract would be to take one hit instead of 7, you get the idea. You don't need 200 hits at once, that's just stupid.

Salvia is an amazing teacher plant and I hope people just keep quiet about her and let her go on about her business. Stop smoking extracts and freaking out and posting youtube vids, kids, please.

I agree wholeheartedly that most people are overdoing it with Salvia.

It's a plant that's meant to be chewed and/or drunk anyway.

The leaves are nice to smoke. The extracts feel like something entirely different.

What I find interesting is that if the particular pharmacology of it being "atypical" doesn't sit well with so many people, why do so many people push the limits with it?

The other thing that I find interesting is that for me the extracts were always movement and patterns and a new sense of reality and such but so many people seem to describe scenes of things happening and turning into new objects in carnivals and things like that.

"I am Salvia.
I am the external force that is in the leaves that you consume, that shapes itself from the images and words in your mind and from your environment.

I am not those images and words, I am the force shaping them.
Many people come to me by smoking the concentrated leaves. I then have very little time to show you very much, for you imbide deeply. This use, in high doses, often unpreparedv and unguided, in great amounts under unconsecrated circumstances, often comes as a great shock to the system and strikes terror in the hearts of the people.

I want to apologize to the people for the shock and awe and the terror evoked by this abrupt usage.
For those who seek me, you can smoke the extracts well prepared but this is not what I want of you.
What I want of you, if you wish to cooperate, is for you to obtain cuttings of the live plant and grow these with the best of your skill and spread cuttings to others. I want of you to gather the leaves and chew the leaves, instead of concentrate and smoke them, and rather than be overcome by intensity I want of you to seek contact with me, the spirit, and engage in dialogue like *asante* is doing at this moment. If you are pure of heart and open of mind I will speak with you, engage the dialogue with you, interact with you and show you things.

I want of you to create gatherings of groups of friends who come together and chew the leaves together and communicate with me. And I want you to share of your communications with me and be merry together.
The seed is weak but the cuttings are strong. I want those of you who imbide to grow my plant in your windows, and if you can in your gardens and greenhouses. As the cuttings spread, each member growing them and spreading them, so will the networks of salvia chewers spread. And rather than terror and confusion there then will be joy. teachings and higher understanding.
This is what I want of you, what I really want of you and for which I need your cooperation. If you are willing, spread this message like you will spread the cuttings and the knowledge you attain. Do not harm my messenger, under my influence he has made himself willing to be my voice to the people - you - at the risk of his name and reputation. It is not about him. it is about You and Me. The message applies to all of you who hear the call.

If I have touched you before and my touch burned you, I do solemnly apologize. It is best that the leaves are chewed in modest quantities, for the smoking of concentrated leaves an established bond and a steady hand and mind are necessary.
If you hear this call but are skeptic, disregard it. If you hear it but have doubts, obtain some of the dried leaves, chew them and attempt to connect. If you are truly willing and truly offer an open channel, I will speak with you. It will come as thoughts that speak to you, be it in word, in emotion or in image. It is different for all of you.

I want to thank my channeler, I want to thank you for your attention and hope that you will spread my words and heed them.
I have very much to show you, very much to teach you, and look forward to our cooperation.
In loving regards,
The Spirit that resides in Salvia divinorum." (Asante)

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/723022-A-Message-by-the-Spirit-of-Salvia-as-voiced-by-Asante