• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How effective are psychedelics when it comes to personal breakthroughs in your exp?

EphemeralOutlet141

Bluelight Crew
Okay, so over the past week I've had some of the best and worst days of my life. I've been given a new outlook during the whole clusterfuck and have been trying to learn a lot more about myself (why I react certain ways to certain situations, dream interpretation, that kind of stuff).

The catalyst of all this was a really bad (accidental) DPH trip that convinced me I was dying. No lasting effects that I know of, I feel completely fine about the situation. I swore I would never do drugs again (and I haven't since), but I've heard a lot about shrooms (and sometimes acid) helping people out of bad mental states or aiding in self-discovery. I want to get to know myself better, I don't plan on using recreationally or irresponsibly. I'm conflicted on whether or not I want to break my sober streak.

My theorized plan (if I decide I want to start using drugs again), is that I would do low - medium doses and meditate either in my quiet room or walk the vast surrounding forest areas around my town. Any other suggestions for activities would be appreciated as I am only a dabbler in psychedelics.

Thoughts? Experiences? Suggestions?

i think it is key not to expect or force anything out of a psychedelic experience - it aways leads to frustration - and trips that you jump in with an open mind (let it take you where it wants, be it introspection or looking at a leaf, don't just sit like "give me the answers!!"), in my experience are the best.

if you are introspective already, taking a low-medium dose alone might make you think of things a little different. acid in low doses takes to make me very sensitive to details i usually ignore. i still remember some insights i have gotten on low-dose trips and find them useful for sober life.

that is, your plan sounds spot on. but i feel like stressing not to force anything out of the experience and just go with the flow, because i used to trip and "come on where is the amazement???" and it was stupid, only once i got over myself and went to have fun things happened

i think it is key not to expect or force anything out of a psychedelic experience - it aways leads to frustration - and trips that you jump in with an open mind (let it take you where it wants, be it introspection or looking at a leaf, don't just sit like "give me the answers!!"), in my experience are the best.

if you are introspective already, taking a low-medium dose alone might make you think of things a little different. acid in low doses takes to make me very sensitive to details i usually ignore. i still remember some insights i have gotten on low-dose trips and find them useful for sober life.

that is, your plan sounds spot on. but i feel like stressing not to force anything out of the experience and just go with the flow, because i used to trip and "come on where is the amazement???" and it was stupid, only once i got over myself and went to have fun things happened

Oh most definitely, I've had both types of trips before (all LSD and LSA). My first trip (LSD) was wonderful just because I had no idea what to expect. The next few I feel like was just me trying to recreate that. I've never done shrooms before so I feel like that would be a good starting point.

What are some notable differences between shrooms and acid? I hear shrooms don't wire you like acid does, I'm totally with that. I hate the restlessness that comes with the trip, but I hear the trade-off is that shrooms make you feel sick to your stomach. Is this true, and if so how do I prevent it?

Last edited:
Psychedelics really shouldn't be viewed in the traditional sense as "drugs". no psychedelic I've ever taken has felt anything like any other drug I've tried. I hold the firm view that they're sacraments and psychiatric tools. If your reasoning is "I don't want to take drugs", remember that mushrooms have been used for thousands of years for spiritual purposes. A good example of what I mean is the communities in mexico/south america who use san pedro cactus and other mescaline-containing cacti. In their culture, they take psychedelics to get over addictions to real drugs such as alcohol, and to help them become a better person.

Psychedelics really shouldn't be viewed in the traditional sense as "drugs". no psychedelic I've ever taken has felt anything like any other drug I've tried. I hold the firm view that they're sacraments and psychiatric tools. If your reasoning is "I don't want to take drugs", remember that mushrooms have been used for thousands of years for spiritual purposes. A good example of what I mean is the communities in mexico/south america who use san pedro cactus and other mescaline-containing cacti. In their culture, they take psychedelics to get over addictions to real drugs such as alcohol, and to help them become a better person.
You obviously consider "psychedelics" only as the "classical" ones (5HT2A paritial agonists), and for those class I wholeheartedly agree with you. But my view of the term "psychedelic" is a much wider one, including cannabinoids, kappa-opioid-agonists (i.e. Salvia divinorum), muscimol/fly agaric, entactogens/empathogens and most of all dissociatives (NMDA antagonists) and delirians (anticholinergics) (yes I know, most of you will disagree with me here, and I understand their arguments very well. Iboga is a very special case as well, belonging to at least three of the aformentioned pharmacological classes at the same time, and being especially famous for its anti-addictive properties.

I could go on and on on this topic, but I'm in a bit of a hurry now. Maybe later more...

I've had personal breakthroughs on mdma and lsd. And I've had breakthroughs on the substance itself on amt, shrooms and miprocin. I'd elaborate, but nah. =D

All of them come in the right set and setting, as well as taking enough of course. But tbh, the most self discovery and healing for me occurred without psych use. It was substituted with a social life, positive attitude and a past gf who was super helpful (at least at the time). I wasn't into psychs during that phase, but I'm sure it would've helped immensely, considering how much it opened my mind after that phase was over.

It would've been very useful to see things differently and, ironically, through understanding myself I could understand how others viewed me. That was the point when I started showing how I felt more openly instead of keeping it inside. I used to leave a lot of important thoughts inside and not be assertive at all, but that all changed after my substance use. We only live once, and I don't want to leave this world with regrets behind...so I do my best to leave a positive impact on those I care about.

Damn, that would've helped a lot more back then. =/

But fuck it, as we get older we all get wiser too. So I'll input time as a healing process as well.

Have a person with a positive attitude and a safety conscious mind, then throw in some awesome psychs and you're good to go. :)

Breakthroughs are just noise. All dharmas are empty. Have a person with a positive attitude and a safety conscious mind, then throw in some awesome attention to the moment and you're good to go. =D