• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos How does klonopin/ clonazepam work?

aliefswat1

Greenlighter
Hello all, just got a few questions regarding my kpin prescription. Well yesterday i got prescribed 60 1mg clonazepam pills for my chest pain and im supposed to take them anytime get chest pains. i took 2 at night and they worked. i ended up falling asleep and waking up still somewhat feeling the sedating feeling it gives in the morning, but it quickly went away after a few mins. anyways, 2-3 hrs later i took 4mg but didn't feel the effects as full as i i did the previous night when i took the 2mg. Tbh, i barely even noticed anything. So i guess my question is, why? is it because of the half life they say it has that i didn't feel the full effects? should i wait longer next time? my doc told me to take 2mg at morning and 2mg at night, but what if it doesn't affect me like it did today? should i up the dose or what? any info is appreciated'

Please don't be reckless with your dosages.

It seems like your trying to get high off them now, if that wasn't your plan in the first place.

Why would you take 4mg right when you woke up when you should be taking it split up day and night? The half-life of kpin can last as long as 50+hours.

Klonopins also take a little longer to hit than most other benzos. It's a much smoother and gradual effect. It also has strong hypnotic properties, more so than other benzos so you won't realize you're fucked up.

You will be slurring and talking like a zombie to someone but not realize it the whole time. Be careful.

To answer your question though, is yes, it's probably because the klonopin is still in your blood still taking effect. Like you even mentioned you still felt it when you woke up....

A small factor was probably because you also just woke up and wasn't the end of the day when you're tired.

My honest advice. If you really have bad chest pains and kpins work...Try taking as less as you can.

You should try to take 1mg in the day and 1mg at night. I should also add benzo tolerance rises really fast. Too fast. Lowering your intake from the get go will really help you out in the end when you want to stop taking it. Benzo abuse is no joke, don't be stupid.

^^^ If you keep screwing around with your meds and trying to get high off them they arnt gonna work for very long your tolerance is probably already through the roof. Your chest is gonna be hirting and there will be nothing you can do for the pain cause you took too many of your pills that are supposed to help you.
Benzos arnt a very good drug for recreational use anyways they barley do anything to you at doses high enough to kill you. If you want to get a buzz take your 1 mg as prescribed and smoke a joint with them. Whatever you do don't mix any painkillers or anything with klonopin. Klonopin is a benzo and when mixed with opiate painkillers it can be fatal.

Hello all, just got a few questions regarding my kpin prescription. Well yesterday i got prescribed 60 1mg clonazepam pills for my chest pain and im supposed to take them anytime get chest pains. i took 2 at night and they worked. i ended up falling asleep and waking up still somewhat feeling the sedating feeling it gives in the morning, but it quickly went away after a few mins. anyways, 2-3 hrs later i took 4mg but didn't feel the effects as full as i i did the previous night when i took the 2mg. Tbh, i barely even noticed anything. So i guess my question is, why? is it because of the half life they say it has that i didn't feel the full effects? should i wait longer next time? my doc told me to take 2mg at morning and 2mg at night, but what if it doesn't affect me like it did today? should i up the dose or what? any info is appreciated'

Clonazepam is a pretty great drug which has helped me a lot in my own life, I wouldn't recommend "fucking with it" though.

Benzos don't have that much recreational value for me really, but they are addictive in a very sneaky way! Be careful with getting high of them. If this is the reason why you'd take them, I'd advice to only take them once a week or less and then take a bit more... You'll notice the effects more once the clonazepam has had time to clear from your body!

If you keep redosing, chasing the effect you're looking for, you're going to feel each dose less and less. Then you're going to develop a large tolerance pretty fast, and you'll have to take way more to help at all with your chest issue, let alone getting a high. That's why abusing your meds like that is a slippery slope. You're just going to end up really screwing yourself and then the meds wont work when you really need them, or you'll run out totally weeks before your next script and then you'll really be in trouble.

Well tbh, my chest pains went away after the docs determined nothing was wrong with my heart. I just told her i couldn't sleep well at night and she gave it. i don't even plan on going back. I guess i am trying to use it for recreational purposes. Should i just use it every other day or what? or should i just forget about it and let it sit there. Took 2mg this morning barely felt anything. You think if i take some tonight for sleep i will feel the effects, at least to the point where it'll put me to sleep or what? Its just kinda tempting when you have a prescription for benzos you don't really need, ya know?

^^^

If you keep taking it like you are.. even every other day, you are going to quickly develop a physical dependency as well as a huge tolerance. Then you'll really be screwed.

If you insist on continuing to take them to get high, don't do it more than twice a week.. otherwise you're at real risk for addiction, which it sounds like you're already on the path to.

The smart thing would obviously be to just stop.. and I think you know that. You already said you don't actually need them.. I mean, I know it's easy to say "just don't do it", but really, with benzos in particular, browse around this site for a bit and read the thousands of threads about benzo dependency and how brutal it is. It's a very serious and dangerous habit to have.

So just think twice about it, that's all.

Be safe.

I agree with some of the others that there is very little recreational value to clonazepam alone if you are trying to get high. It does have synergistic effects with other drugs though I always do extensive research before mixing any drugs. I would also remember that dependence builds quickly with benzo's and withdraws are can be as bad as heroin. My main point is, be careful with those.

Well tbh, my chest pains went away after the docs determined nothing was wrong with my heart. I just told her i couldn't sleep well at night and she gave it. i don't even plan on going back. I guess i am trying to use it for recreational purposes. Should i just use it every other day or what? or should i just forget about it and let it sit there. Took 2mg this morning barely felt anything. You think if i take some tonight for sleep i will feel the effects, at least to the point where it'll put me to sleep or what? Its just kinda tempting when you have a prescription for benzos you don't really need, ya know?
clonazepam is a potent benzo. On par with xanax mg VS mg.

the fact that you're not feeling 2mg probably means your naturally tolerant and pointless for you to try to abuse because it'll be more side effect than reward.

2mg dose isn't a small dose for a newbie. For most it should knock them out cold.

When I first started using benzos, Klonopin was one of the first I used and I needed 3 or 4 mg to 'get high'. Couldn't even feel under 2mg. It all depends on you.

Now with no tolerance, If I took clonazepam again i'd probably want atleast 6 or 7 mg. if I have a lot i'd take a lot more. don't have the supply like I used too.

clonazepam is a potent benzo. On par with xanax mg VS mg.

the fact that you're not feeling 2mg probably means your naturally tolerant and pointless for you to try to abuse because it'll be more side effect than reward.

2mg dose isn't a small dose for a newbie. For most it should knock them out cold.
the first night i received the prescription, i did take 2mg at night, and while it didn't knock me out, i definitely felt it hard. Plus all the times Ive recreation-ally taken xanax, Ive felt the full effect, so i don't think im naturally tolerant. but the thing is, the morning after, i took 4mg 2-3 hrs after waking up and barely felt anything unlike the previous night. Today i took about 4-5mg and only slightly felt it, So im just guessing its the half life. ill probably wait 2 weeks before messing with these again..

Xanax is a fast acting benzo. Hence the reason why it's the most abused.

Do you like to do any stimulants like coke, mdma, speed/adderall and or psychedelics?

Why don't you save these for when you need it for the come down or need to escape a bad trip instead of chasing a worthless high. From the sounds of it I don't see how waiting 2 weeks is going to help. Ok.you wait two weeks and take em again. Great you just feel sleepy and fall asleep. Great high.

These are like gold for when you're having a comedown or just unwinding at the end of a bad day. Save it man.

Yeah ill probably just save em for when i really need em. i mess with addy every once in a while. haven't touched coke in like 2 months but i guess its a good idea to have em around for comedowns. One thing though, you say they can be used to 'escape' a bad trip. What do you mean by that? I often use lsd and dxm, and a bad trip is sometimes possible for me, especially on dxm. Would it just chill me out when i start tripping? Ive never mixed benzos with trippy drugs, but it sounds like a good idea lol.

You don't want to take it before your trip as it may totally blunt the effects of lsd. I've never tried it with shrooms and I don't know if it's safe to mix it with dxm.

And I mean it stops you from bugging out and the trip gets very weak. Sometimes totally killing it.