• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How does Ketamine feel?

Modnaro

Bluelighter
Like would a relativley low dose say 60-80 mgs for some one who weigh 190 pounds just be relaxing/euphoric? Is there any anxiety with this drug? Because I really annot do acid or mushrooms any more due to the anxiety I feel when I do them occasionly..

Much, much less anxiety with K *for most people that get it* than long-lasting traditional psychedelics like LSD. It's because it's so sedative that it pretty much knocks you on your ass and puts your brain in a bit of a calmer state. That's not to say there can't be anxiety though.. there definitely can, it's just not as consistent or prominent as with most other psychedelics.

It will be relaxing, yes. It could be slightly euphoric too. Not euphoric in the way MDMA is, but it has it's own appeal to it.

Plus if you don't like it, it only lasts an hour, so thats a plus.

Ketamine for me (Insufflated) felt kind of like a cross bentween benzo's calm careless sedation and the some of the dissassociating trippy elements of DXM

Ive never K holed but small doses under 60mg feel very floaty, most times it feels like im riding a hovering cloud around. One time me and a friend spent time jumping off furniture because everything felt so slow motion that it was almost like we'd be in the air for a minute or more.

Higher doses just give me more sedation and more psychedelia, but I think low doses can be fun for alot of things but high doses are strictly something to do in a home with people you can trust. Its not unheard of for people to get robbed while theyre so out of it from the K.

Dissociative visuals and from psychedelic visuals are very, very different. Hard to explain but K is not really "in the moment" sort of thing....dunno maybe im just trippn.

what kind of effects would a first timer with no tolerance get from 125mg?
also, how does ketamine effect tryptamine/phenethylamine tolerance?

^^^ You'll likely K-hole, which I don't recommend for your first time. I don't know about tryptamines, but I do know that K staves off tolerance to amphetamine, which is a phenethylamine.

It's profound and intriguing. I hesitate to say K is fun or euphoric, but it'll definitely keep you coming back for more just because of the 'oh wow!' factor. To put it another way, K is good like a mystery movie, rather than like a comedy.

FWIW, I never have any urge to move while K'd up. Like with indica strains of marijuana or opiates, it just feels better the less movement I attempt.

Modnaro said:
Like would a relativley low dose say 60-80 mgs for some one who weigh 190 pounds just be relaxing/euphoric? Is there any anxiety with this drug? Because I really annot do acid or mushrooms any more due to the anxiety I feel when I do them occasionly..
Like DXM, but: a lot less side effects, less mindfuck, more euphoric, more relaxing/sedating, shorter in duration. Basically, it's got everything DXM lacks. The ROA is also of importance. Snorting makes it more trippy and intramuscular makes it more euphoric, while eating it makes it shitty and a waste. But that's just me and my friends, it may differ for you, everybody is affected differently by drugs.

But beware of the addictiveness of intramuscular ketamine. My advice is not even try it.

Last edited:
MyDoorsAreOpen said:
It's profound and intriguing. I hesitate to say K is fun or euphoric, but it'll definitely keep you coming back for more just because of the 'oh wow!' factor. To put it another way, K is good like a mystery movie, rather than like a comedy.

Great description but I definately find K to be fun ... too much fun ;)

Pre-dose anxiety is pretty common especially when testing a new substance. Ketamine doesn't have an anxious component and latent/overt anxiety is not (generally) compounded while under the influence actually it's far more likely to diminish rapidly IME.

It's always a good idea to start low on any substance so 60-80mg insufflated will offer reasonable insight but it's a universe away from the true genius of Ketamine and that's wonderful world of the K-Hole. I highly recommend you aim for it once you feel comfortable with K. On a side note Ketamine tolerance is exponential as is the desire to re-dose. Moderation is an absolute must to retain the magic.

Have fun ... I know you will :)