View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How Does It Feel... Details!

Babyade

Greenlighter
This is something I have never tried- or seen for that matter. I live in a small town in WV, and I am (trying) a recovering addict. But I was always curious about how psychedelic drugs make you feel. I have had pretty much every type of buzz out there... but this? I'm talking X, shrooms, and acid specifically. It's not around here even if I did want to try it. But I ran across of it once out of town and ppl had scared me away from it- because I am paranoid as it is, very anxious, and they said if you take a psychedelic drug and you're not in the right mind set, or angry, or scared, then you will have a really bad trip. Ok, I get opiates- that's always gonna be my poison. Not just the feeling, but you end up being dope sick without it. My question is, if these psych drugs are not addictive, what is the fun in it? I've never experienced it so I hope someone just tells me- and I want the good and the bad stuff, lol. I just don't understand why someone would take something that's gonna completely bug them out? Or is that what it does? Can you function? My luck I would try it one time and have an awful trip... which if that's even possible, why do ppl like this stuff? I know almost everything about every other addiction and substance, but I honestly know nothing about this. Plus I heard it lasts like 12 hours? That sounds miserable to me! I mean is there a way to speed up the comedown if you're freaking out? Thanks guys, I just need answers & experiences!

/

The simple answer is that you cannot put the psychedelic experience into words. The English language does not have the linguistic structure to properly express it.

Psychedelics are emotional amplifiers. I'm mostly talking about LSD here but most phyches stick to similar rules. If you are feeling good, you'll feel great and enjoy every second of it. If you're anxious or scared, you may end up a nervous wreck just praying the trip will end soon. They can be wonderful healing tools if used with proper respect and intent, or they can destroy you. For me, LSD has become my greatest ally and I attribute a multitude of positive changes in my life to it.

The simple answer is that you cannot put the psychedelic experience into words. The English language does not have the linguistic structure to properly express it.

^^ this pretty much sums it up, putting words to such a beautiful rewarding experience only cheapens it.
Your looking at this from the wrong angle if you need to ask yourself why people take these drugs then they might not be for you, I turned to psychedelics for medical reasons so there wasn't much fear for me, but they also completely changed my character and out look on life for me they reset my moral compass so to speak (if that makes any sense at all), most people turn to psychedelics for some sort of clarity a deeper understanding of themselves. They wont make you see god or drastically change your life or any bollocks like that, you must be the one wanting the change and for that psychedelics are useful tools.

And lastly who doesn't like pretty colours and DMT elves sneaking out your wardrobe ??