• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

How does GHB go with amphetamine?

About the 'speedball' thing. I think it may save future confusion and arguments. If you used terms as they are commonly understood. Maybe using regional specific slang, might better be left off bluelight.
Or, you could read a post thoroughly before spouting off at your mouth. I made it very clear what I was referring to, several times. If you would just slow down before you click "Reply" you may actually learn something.
smile.gif

Hell yeah I do. If you say something, you better be able to back it up. Be it through logic or a reference. If you can't verify what you say, then you are talking shit.
It's a shame that you reply to a thread entitled "How does GHB go with Amphetamine", appearing to have a bit of knowledge, yet you still need someone to show you that...and try to stay with me on this one..."Speedballing" (As in combining a Strong CNS Depressant and Stimulant) can be very unhealthy. As far as talking shit...No. I read the posts thoroughly before I spout off.
You have made an asertion that 'speed and G is rough on a persons heart'. I am as yet unconvinced.
Again. Read. Read. Read. I said rough on a persons 'body'. Are you sure you'r not a greenlighter?
Lets see if you can answer this time without resulting to name calling
Sorry pal, I call 'em like I see 'em.
Now, as for your precious info. (Since I'm just talking shit and everything...)
GHB, or gamma-hydroxybutyrate, is a normal component of mammalian metabolism. It is found naturally in every cell in the human body and is most properly considered a nutrient. In the brain, the highest amounts are found in the hypothalamus and basal ganglia [Gallimberti, 1989]. GHB is found in greater concentrations in kidney, heart, skeletal muscles, and brown fat tissues [Chin and Kreutzer, 1992]. It is believed to be a neurotransmitter, although the jury is still out as to whether it exhibits all of the properties required for fulfillment of this function [Chin and Kreutzer, 1992]. It is both a metabolite and precursor of the inhibitory neurotransmitter GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid, or gamma-aminobutyrate), another nutrient to which it bears a close structural relationship. GHB, however, does not act directly on GABA receptor sites [Chin and Kreutzer, 1992].
GHB was first synthesized about thirty years ago by Dr. H. Laborit, a French researcher interested in exploring the effects of GABA in the brain. Because little or no GABA crosses the blood-brain barrier, Laborit synthesized GHB, which substitutes a hydroxy group for an amino group (see Figure 1). This difference allows GHB to cross the blood brain barrier where some of it is metabolized into GABA [Vickers, 1969].
As it turned out, Laborit found that GHB exhibited a range of effects beyond those expected from GABA. Over the intervening years, numerous researchers have extensively studied GHB's effects. It is has come to be used in Europe as a general anesthetic, a treatment for insomnia and narcolepsy (a daytime sleeping disorder), an aid to childbirth (increasing strength of contractions, decreasing pain, and increasing dilation of the cervix), a treatment for alcoholism and alcohol withdrawal syndrome, and for many other uses.
During the 1980s, GHB was widely available over-the-counter in health-food stores, purchased largely by body-builders for its ability to stimulate growth hormone release which aids in fat reduction and muscle building. In the last few years it has been gaining popularity as a "recreational" drug offering a pleasant, alcohol-like, hangover-free "high" with potent prosexual effects. There were several cases in the late 90's of GHB being used in cases of apparent 'date rape' where the victim would be unconcious due to a large amount of GHB in their system. Still today, this drug is used the world over, and is often referred to as a 'club drug'(as well as Ecstasy, LSD and others). While completely normal in human metabolism, there are still inherent dangers in the recreational use of GHB, as in all drugs. GHB is many times mixed with cocaine, meth-amphetamine, MDMA (Ecstacy), and even alcohol. The largest risk to use ratio comes into play when combined with alcohol. Many unsuspecting, or unknowledgable people often times mix the two, causing cases of extreme toxicity, most usually leading to death. Even when mixed with cocaine, meth-amphetamine, MDMA, or other stimulants, cases of paranoia, cardiac arrest, even death have been reported.
It took about, oh, say, 5 minutes worth of searching to find that.
This may be of interest to you as well. GHB temporarily inhibits the release of dopamine in the brain. This may cause increased dopamine storage, and later increased dopamine release when the GHB influence wears off [Chin and Kreutzer, 1992]. This effect could account for the middle-of-the-night wakings common with use of higher GHB doses, and the general feelings of increased well-being, alertness and arousal the next day.
GHB also stimules pituitary growth hormone (GH) release. One methodologically rigorous Japanese study reported nine-fold and sixteen-fold increases in growth hormone 30 and 60 minutes respectively after intravenous administration of 2.5 grams of GHB in six healthy men between the ages of twenty-five and forty [Takahara, 1977]. GH levels were still seven-fold higher at 120 minutes.
The mechanism by which GHB stimulates growth-hormone release is not known. Dopamine activity in the hypothalamus is known to stimulate pituitary release of growth hormone, but GHB inhibits dopamine release at the same time that it stimulates GH release. This suggests that GHB's GH-releasing effect takes place through an entirely different mechanism [Takahara, 1977].
At the same time GH is being released, prolactin levels also rise. Serum prolactin levels increase in a similar time-dependent manner as GH, peaking at five-fold above baseline at 60 minutes [Takahara, 1977]. This effect, unlike the release of GH, is entirely consistent with GHB's inhibition of dopamine. Other compounds which lessen dopamine activity in the brain (such as the neuroleptic Thorazine) have been shown to result in prolactin release. Although prolactin tends to counteract many of the beneficial effects of GH, the sixteen-fold increases in GH probably overwhelm the five-fold increases in prolactin.
GHB induces "remarkable hypotonia" (muscle relaxation) [Vickers, 1969]. It is now gaining popularity in France and Italy as an aid to childbirth. GHB causes "spectacular action on the dilation of the cervix," decreased anxiety, greater intensity and frequency of uterine contractions, increased sensitivity to oxytocic drugs (used to induce contractions), preservation of reflexes, a lack of respiratory depression in the fetus, and protection against fetal cardiac anoxia (especially in cases where the umbilical cord wraps around the fetus' neck) [Vickers, 1969; Laborit, 1964].
GHB is completely metabolized into carbon dioxide and water, leaving absolutely no residue of toxic metabolites [Vickers, 1969; Laborit, 1972]. Metabolism is so efficient that GHB can no longer be detected in urine four to five hours after it is taken by injection [Laborit, 1964].
GHB activates a metabolic process known as the "pentose pathway" which plays an important role in the synthesis of protein within the body [Laborit, 1972]. It also causes a "protein sparing" effect [Laborit, 1964] which reduces the rate at which the body breaks down its own proteins. These properties, along with GHB's effect on growth hormone, underlie its common use as an aid to muscle-building and fat loss.
Anesthetic (large) doses of GHB are accompanied by a small increase in blood sugar levels, and a significant decrease in cholesterol. Respiration becomes slower and deeper. Blood pressure may rise or fall slightly, or remain stable, but a moderate bradycardia (slowing of the heart) is consistent [Vickers, 1969; Laborit, 1964]. A slight drop in body temperature also occurs [Laborit, 1964].
GHB also stimulates the release of acetylcholine in the brain [Gallimberti, 1989].
[/quote]
Thusly you see my point.
My claim that GHB and Amphetamine, while I'm sure it is very enjoyable, holds the risk of a dangerous, perhaps fatal situation arising. And that a speedball (again, context of Stimulant + Depressant) is rough on the heart holds true. And my claim of GHB + Amphetamine is rough on the *body*, again, holds true.
Hell meth is bad enough for your body as it is...playing games with your heart doesn't help the situation.
Thank you, drive through.
smile.gif