• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

how does codeine compare to heroin? (subjective)

kobinks

Greenlighter
Firstly in order to avoid any abuse I would like to say I have used the search bar and done some research on google however I have not found the answers I'm looking for and am looking for more subjective feedback.

I have taken codeine and DHC on many occasions for pain relief and recreational value, I am curious to hear from anyone whom has taken both codeine and heroin who can shed some light on the differences of drugs subjective effects, it is my understanding that both drugs are converted to morphine so would I be right in assuming that heroin would produce the same effects as codeine but in a more concentrated "high" or is the experience different?

You ever compared a cup of coffee and a bunch of cocaine? The difference is so overwhelming that they're hardly in the same class of drugs. Codeine is a nice but somewhat "fragile" feeling buzz. Heroin is overwhelming, orgasmic bliss.

That make's perfect sense, are the negatives effects multiplied as well though? i.e Nausea, constipation, itchyness

That make's perfect sense, are the negatives effects multiplied as well though? i.e Nausea, constipation, itchyness

In terms of addictive quality/dependence forming issues, then yes, by a factor of thousands IMO. The other negative side effects though, for me anyway, heroin is so fucking blissful they cease to be negatives. The itching goes from this irritating distraction to just feeling great. Even heaving my guts out was immensley pleasurable.

You sound curious. Heroin ruined my life, as it does with most people who experiment with it. Stick with your codeine, please stay far away from heroin.

I appreciate your concern but you need not worry, I have no intention of ever trying it.

one of my flatmates cousin's started taking it and we had a disagreement about it's similarity's to other opiates and it's addictiveness. I'm just a bit curious about it, It's hard to know what's true about drugs and what's just myth. I know that codeine withdrawal was bad enough the first time I went through it so I can't imagine how hard it must have been to get off the heroin, stay strong