Mental Health How does an indigo accept administering antidepressants

Madzterdam

Greenlighter
I'm seeking sobriety from Meth after three years of chronic use.. I'm awake in a higher frequency sense and debilitating accepting rx for long term depression and anxiety symptoms.
I'm currently going to treatment voluntarily, and even quit smoking cigarettes. The withdrawals have been constantly a barrier for my well being but I have a vape and stick with 6mg of nicotine in the juice.

I've sought using weed to lessen the effects of codependent impulses, yet still I see the need for more stable function without controlled substances.
I put it out there that I am indigo to help assert my reluctance on accepting doctor's opinions that I could use antidepressants and all that.
Any stories or suggestions on what to expect for switching methods of coping? I realize im my own biggest hypocrite for turning to methamphetamine when I have knowledge on the natural substances available for dealing with chemical imbalances

Well the first thing is to entirely believe that you want to change. If you don't, then your chances of relapse are much, much higher.

Recovery involves a lot of things. One that you mention, treating a condition that may have caused drug abuse in the first place, is very important.

Chances are, no doctor will give you a medication that makes you feel as good as meth did. But they also won't damage your mind and brain with what they prescribe, as meth does.

Just start building positive coping habits. Maybe try to figure out what you do and what time it is that you usually have cravings. Start there by recognizing them and working through them.

This is a beginning. If you want it enough, you will get better.

Just start building positive coping habits. Maybe try to figure out what you do and what time it is that you usually have cravings. Start there by recognizing them and working through them.

This is a beginning. If you want it enough, you will get better.

Something that is going to be difficult in the beginning is your conditioning to instant gratification (as from meth). It is a completely new experience to learn to make small changes over time, to appreciate small pleasures over intense, etc. Be patient with yourself, grow faith in yourself and develop concrete strategies. And as HCM said, you really have to be clear about wanting it.