• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How do you make micronized kava not clump so bad?

BourbonMac

Bluelighter
Seriously, this is absolutely awful to drink. No matter how much I warm the milk and whatnot, there's still big clumps I have to swallow and it's such an icky feeling, I nearly barfed having just done 7g (took 6g yesterday). It says on the bag no straining is required, what does that even mean? Kratom doesn't clump up like this that's for sure.

Even if I took the minimal 5g dose, it still clumps up horribly. Maybe the only real way is to prepare 2-3g per cup, rinse and repeat because doing 10-15g of this is simply not possible in one go unless somebody has a secret about this.

Also, maybe not have been wise to take, I have a lower stomach ache of trapped gas. Not really sure why, I went to the bathroom like a champ and unleashed Tom Riddles basilisk (tmi). Mild stomach ache before that, showered, chilled out and suddenly I get this lower stomach pain, gurgles and stuff. I don't think the kava will make it worse, it probably already would have. I took it around 10 minutes ago. Strange how your tongue literally dies after taking it, like I can't taste anything for 2 minutes or so, so chasing it with anything is pointless, but I go with almond milk anyway because it coats. I tried it with a small bit of water and then the almond milk because I think I read of some people doing it that way.

All ears for suggestions, I'm a total newb to this. Sounds like smaller doses in separate cups is really the only way to do it. I microwaved the milk after putting the kava in, would that destroy some alkaloids? I thought, maybe, but it was only for like 50 seconds to get the milk warmer. Actually I think I microwaved the milk first... can't remember. Yeah, actually I did, but then I microwaved the kava for like 20 seconds to try and warm it a little more. Perhaps it has to really be hot and then let to cool. The bag is just so casual, it's like "add to any beverage and enjoy!" yeah... I don't think so.

Update: barely feel anything, 6g yesterday I absolutely did, which is strange. Either the microwave destroyed some alkaloids, or kava is just hit and miss (it seems this is some peoples experience when I've read on the kava forums or reddit)

I did eat more than last night but I took it 6 hours after my last meal. I feel something, it's just not much at all really.

Last edited:
Bumping this because I'm really curious.

I took 5.5g just now, and I had to heat up the almond milk first and then stir the shit out of it for 10 minutes. It says on the back just add to a drink and no straining is needed. I'm not entirely sure what this means. I did manage to get it down without any clumps but again it took rigorous stirring. Perhaps it wouldn't clump up as much in water? Maybe I'll take more later depending on how I feel. I really didn't feel much at all last time unlike the first time where I felt absolutely incredible. Calm, zen, just great.

It was like 25% of how phenibut feels and that's OK for me because phenibut was very overwhelming and I'd get a hangover effect the next day, it just felt so... artificial, like something that really shouldn't be in my body. Kava is natural and I love anything natural.

After my first kava experience, the afterglow the next day was incredible beyond words, nothing bothered me at work, I was more chatty, it was great. I even underslept but I felt as if I'd gotten a proper nights rest. And that was on basically the lowest dose, people generally take 10-15g from what I've read, but there is no WAY I'd be able to dissolve that much into it. I'd have to make 2 different 5g drinks.

@AutoTripper (and anyone else) maybe you'd have some advice on this for micronized. Perhaps it's normal to have to mix it a lot, or maybe just letting it sit. My gut doesn't feel too nice after that I'll admit, I've been wary of taking it because the last time I did, my stomach was fucking ruined that night into the next day. It felt like my insides were being torn apart.

But I was dumb and took kava when I was already developing a stomachache which was more than likely due to overconsumption of oreos the night before. This has been a problem for awhile if I eat too many oreos. I had 4 fat brownies last night and woke up fine this morning, but if I have like 5 or more oreos before bed I'll wake up with serious gas and bloating, sometimes some sharp pains. It's hard for me to tell if the kava just took awhile to digest and it didn't truly hit my gut until the night after but that doesn't make a ton of sense. This stuff seems like it should be less hard on the stomach than kratom (which did give me some tummy aches when I was new to it, now it doesn't).

Also, how are we supposed to know the percentage of kavalactones? It doesn't say on the bag or anything. I have capsules that say 30%, but I've had some with 75%. I'm seeing 10-15% on some sites for micronized but that can't be right.

Looks like I'm not really feeling much, though. Not like the first time I took it and it was blissful. Maybe I'll dose a few more grams and see what happens.
Alright, took 3.2g more, so I've taken 8.7g, getting nearer to a higher dose. My stomach does feel a bit odd but I'm sure eating will take care of that. Took another ginger root capsule for good measure, and then I had some papaya enzymes. These are mostly for protein digestion but are good for digestion in general, and potentiate kratom some in my experience, along with bromelain. I notice a definite difference particularly with the bromelain potentiating kratom.

I also feel mildly woozy and my coordination is a little off, but the initial dose just did not hit me like the first time I took it. We'll see what happens from here. It seems lower amounts like 3g dissolve much quicker (naturally) so I guess my solution would probably just be to prepare say, 3 drinks of it 3g each for instance, but should I have to do that? I wouldn't think so.

Update at 4:20am, 2ish hours later. I pretty much don't feel it anymore, it does seem to not last long unless you stagger it I suppose? Turns out it inhibits caffeine breakdown as well which is probably why the synergy the first time was so great. This did turn into a stimulating, low inhibition high for awhile which was nice.

Last edited:
Bumping this because I'm really curious.

I took 5.5g just now, and I had to heat up the almond milk first and then stir the shit out of it for 10 minutes. It says on the back just add to a drink and no straining is needed. I'm not entirely sure what this means. I did manage to get it down without any clumps but again it took rigorous stirring. Perhaps it wouldn't clump up as much in water? Maybe I'll take more later depending on how I feel. I really didn't feel much at all last time unlike the first time where I felt absolutely incredible. Calm, zen, just great.

It was like 25% of how phenibut feels and that's OK for me because phenibut was very overwhelming and I'd get a hangover effect the next day, it just felt so... artificial, like something that really shouldn't be in my body. Kava is natural and I love anything natural.

After my first kava experience, the afterglow the next day was incredible beyond words, nothing bothered me at work, I was more chatty, it was great. I even underslept but I felt as if I'd gotten a proper nights rest. And that was on basically the lowest dose, people generally take 10-15g from what I've read, but there is no WAY I'd be able to dissolve that much into it. I'd have to make 2 different 5g drinks.

@AutoTripper (and anyone else) maybe you'd have some advice on this for micronized. Perhaps it's normal to have to mix it a lot, or maybe just letting it sit. My gut doesn't feel too nice after that I'll admit, I've been wary of taking it because the last time I did, my stomach was fucking ruined that night into the next day. It felt like my insides were being torn apart.

But I was dumb and took kava when I was already developing a stomachache which was more than likely due to overconsumption of oreos the night before. This has been a problem for awhile if I eat too many oreos. I had 4 fat brownies last night and woke up fine this morning, but if I have like 5 or more oreos before bed I'll wake up with serious gas and bloating, sometimes some sharp pains. It's hard for me to tell if the kava just took awhile to digest and it didn't truly hit my gut until the night after but that doesn't make a ton of sense. This stuff seems like it should be less hard on the stomach than kratom (which did give me some tummy aches when I was new to it, now it doesn't).

Also, how are we supposed to know the percentage of kavalactones? It doesn't say on the bag or anything. I have capsules that say 30%, but I've had some with 75%. I'm seeing 10-15% on some sites for micronized but that can't be right.

Looks like I'm not really feeling much, though. Not like the first time I took it and it was blissful. Maybe I'll dose a few more grams and see what happens.
Edit..apologies mate cos startedcr
This yesterday dawn, here. My cognition is attumbled temp too I was unable to continue.

Also wow thought I understood "depression" even 42 on and Lyme stolen life, I didn't! Lol.

V recently I have gleaned insight into the true marth of it.

But. I perked up bit, really want to help you here, I'll try end what I started below...

Hi. Sorry I had intention of responding last week after @G_Chem & @Neuroborean alerted me.

Ni was waiting for a functional device which now finally have and my energy is fully drained ATM.

I can tell you what I know.

I was planning to say Mac, in all fairness re kava Micronized is surely the worst option for you.

Because it's almost a bit dudd really.

Noble is kosher.

Tudei is nearly frowned upon, some love it, MUST be moderated to occasional though. Or never for the more sensible health conscious man IMO.

Instant is pure kavalactones virtually or actives, dehydrated noble.

I have never actually used Micronized because it's well understood to be particularly harsh on stomach especially a sensitive one which I have.

It's really only likely to work for a strong stomach.

I can't comment more on Micronized as never explored it. It's like a dirty, less filtered, cheaper but still okay product vs instant. Where there is full separation of actives from indigestible fibers.

I think some of this irritating sediment is present in Micronized but not harmful or toxic per se just a bit aggravating.

I would avoid Micronized use instant. I'm due 1 kg of instant from New Zealand any day now myself not had instant for ages.

Dosage wise I can only guess for Micronized but it will be between Instant & noble.

In my view instant kava is over twice potency per gram vs noble, maybe 2.5 x.

I have always used single doses of instant instant minimum 5 grans, or 7, or 10 max really in one shot.

A session's worth is 15 grams upwards. 25 is pretty strong. There are no rules exactly though just individuality, needs intuition and common sense.

Re Micronized it isn't like a drink mix, really. Same as instant it's akin to kratom. You just have to get it in you.

Lol, teleported kava! More like WiFi'd. No joke too just wait. Elon should permit it lol.

Micronized will never dissolve, de-sediment. It might be worse heating the milk. Taste wise maybe clumping too.

I hate the taste of instant kava. I practically toss and wash it, never as dry powder though. 5-10 grams small glass minimum water to dissolve into and tip back, maybe 25-30 ml.

Instructions always say to add lots more water, the concept being like having a ceremonial batch ready to keep "shelling" minus the prep.

I'd rather just neck x amount of grams hardly taste it. Works no less. If I tried Micronized I'd do exactly the same, minimum water stir, it won't dissolve like instant but I'd not be bothered there, and just tip it back like a shot of whisky. Trying to make it palatable is futile IMO just dragging it out.

Reverse tolerance truly is a thing but it's like a short straw, or ginger hair. It's too invisible to quantify but I would blindly guess maybe 25% of new kava drinkers need to persevere through RT.

It's not something to expect as such, just be prepared for and take into consideration early on if not feeling a lot.

Never affected me, but definitely did some others I introduced. Can take over a week daily use to break the surf.

Because of the asshole govts kava is so unstudied and kept dark. RT is suspected to relate to brain chemistry & neurotransmitter balance.

Kavalactones are actually v balancing, regulating for neurotransmitters while IME kratom is the opposite, which is congruous too hence physical dependence & WD within weeks vs never with kava take or leave.

So just keep in mind. After 2 weeks of sufficient daily use, or it likely accumulates however, RT can't be a factor.

For me, I aim to avoid kava following a meal same day, but my life is as unordinary can be, especially re eating of foods. I say aim, it happens whenever I fail to routine myself for one eating/meal time per day.

Best for me, because kava is like catching a butterfly, I feel well rested after sleep.

Not mega hungry.

I too @BourbonMac live with the manicest chaotic digestive issues w my allergies and real catch 22 making regular ingestion work.

It all REALLY began as Lyme ascended.

I know that kava works much better for me personally too, notice mood lift, fuzzy slight colour enrichment

Mental relaxation more pleasure in reg things i.e. taking a walk or good tunes..

When I am feeling okay, well, at rest generally. Digestive system paramount here.

Rare of late (like 2022 lol) I did accidentally OD on pure benzo powder Oct 31 2021, to estimated tune of around 400 mg's diazepam

So probably enough to sleep a horse lol.

I blacked out sleep walking talking zero recall 6 hrs later.

But I fell 1st 5 pm backwards into bathtub undressing shower, TWICE!! After climbing out 1st time.

Remarkably I never even brushed my head on v near bathside hard tiled wall, SOMEhow, both falls!

But broke back, far worse though substantial internal knocks, injuries to disable digestive action, motility, even any voluntary gas control. Lots Neeve damage and Long Covid in nerves too.

No sneeze, fart so long diaphragm & small of back jammed locked in spasm too.

Resulting in Yr long utter scrap to recover, severest haemorrhoids and anal fissures as result, worst stomach pain in Earth too plus sickness.

Anyway. Just wanna fill you in on the general picture clearly here point by point so bear w me pls.

Re KL % declared on any product. If from a top legit Pro legal US or other seller, w Pro lab data sheets

I've only seen it refer to Noble kava mainly too."

okau ^ all yeasterday lol.

was in a place though.

Very hammered today early on but will try pick up sense.

One thing. I'm no expert on a thing lol just pay notice to establish the basic cue.

Because also, I use kava like no man nearly, just how I wascusing both LSD until 2022 from 96, plus OG Exsracy until 2005. Like 300-350 grams worth MDE/A/MA as it was then.

I traditionally prepped kneading 90 grams noble about 5 am today.

Double average kava drinker's daily finished by midday too!

Lots really strong high THC herb too.

But....my kg of "instant green kava" from NZ, arrived today! Hr ago.

I eye measured bout 5-6 grams into least water nec, necked.

Was so easy, non-distasteful like this.)

IME using both optimally prepped high quality noble, and same instant concurrently flexibly, is best way to take kava that extra step.

I have missed this incident it feels different on top of the Nobel I had already over consumed honestly.

Nothing about the feeling not pleasant from minute downed and yes, has brightened and refreshed things nicely.

KSNZ Instant Green I like!

GHK don't deliver to UK but are renowned for best Instants.

Ill Leave it there f now mate hope some gaps filled, hope you well too.