• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How do you make amphetamines more effective? [ph levels]

randyrandal

Greenlighter
I read this stuff here. Really interesting. But I'm pretty shocked.
Depending on how acidic/alkaline you are the difference in elimination varies from 7-60%!!!
Imagine somebody with adhd is on the acidic side and he gets the same doses as somebody who's alkaline.
No doctor even seems to pay any attention to this! My doc never mentioned PH levels and dosages!

I drink lots of coffee and I tested my urine PH in the past a few times and it was always acidic. Maybe this explains
why I don't feel anything when I take amphetamines. :(

What's your take on this?
What do they mean with "urine per dose"? Does this mean if you take your stims than the more often you urinate the faster it's gone?
How do thewy define dose? What if somebody waits until the bladder is 100% full and only urinates when he's about to wet his pants
while another person urinates more frequently but in total the both produce the same amount of urine?
I wonder does urinating frequency in itself also matter OR does only the total amount of urine matter?

Does this mean if you take amphetamines and then dont drink anything so that you produce as little urine as possible the drug works much longer?
Damn, so many open questions.

http://amphetamines.com/facts/how-long-do-amphetamines-stay-in-your-system/

"The pH scale runs from 0.0 to 14.0, with 0.0 being the highest acid level and 14.0 being the highest alkaline level. People who fall on the alkaline side of the scale tend to metabolize amphetamines slower than someone with a more acidic body chemistry. So, how long do amphetamines stay in your system depends on your body’s pH level at any given time.

Under normal conditions, the body eliminates approximately 30 percent of amphetamine materials through urination. As the body’s pH levels inevitably affect urine pH, urine that carries a high acidic content can eliminate as much as 60 percent of amphetamine materials per dose. With a high alkaline content, urinary elimination drops to less than seven percent."

If there's any variation in pH from person to person, then it's only in the gastrointestinal tract. If your blood's pH changed by much you'd be dead. pH might affect the drug absorption but that's about it. Even so, the pH shouldn't really matter that much because an amphetamine can go from protonated to unprotonated (the latter is what is able to absorb) pretty easily in the intestines which has a higher pH than the stomach.

A drug like amphetamine will come out in the urine mostly because of it's chemical structure which has a high affinity for water, so the kidneys will eliminate it ("renal clearance") faster than some other drugs. I don't know why urine pH would change that much from person to person but apparently it does. I think what the statement was referring to was what percentage of the drug comes out in the urine unchanged vs. how much gets metabolized first then excreted as a metabolite. I don't think it would change bioavailability or half life

Last edited: