• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

How do you lose a Billion Dollars selling weed?

Easy if you cant manage your overheads have decent cash flow in business...and be competive in market place ...like any business youre fkd.The workers will suffer ...the leaders bank accounts be fine...downsize and carry on ...or completly fk up.

because it's not like growing lettuce, tomatoes, or even peppers

the bigger the grow, the much harder it is to maintain, so the quality suffers - and then once you burn somebody once, they usually wont come back

by the time you find out that you have a bug infestation in one area of the grow, it's too late - you have a major problem on your hands and you can't just reach for any old pesticide either

there's just so much to this....people demand quality - and they will go down the street for quality and they are more willing to pay a little more if it's a substantial increase in quality

there's a lot to this - and there's nothing else like it

the bigger the grow, the much harder it is to maintain, so the quality suffers - and then once you burn somebody once, they usually wont come back

true. Aurora is one of those suppliers that reeks of hedge fund bullshit.

how to make the world a better place? simple. boycott companies run by psychopathic economic parasites and put them out of business.

just avoid mentioning the pharmaceutical companies because for some reason, a lot of people get very touchy if you dare to accuse precious vaccine manufacturers of less than scrupulous behaviour...

I purchased an 1/8 oz of Banana Split, an Aurora product just before Covid hit. One bong rip and I just converted the rest of the 1/8 into edibles.

One of the LLC’s spun off by Aurora, ‘Daily Special’, releases decent products at a reasonable price.

Supply chains are still getting worked out, It isn’t difficult to find out of date, stale, dry product.

The one product that has been repeatedly good has been live resin cartridges from a number of producers and a few specific kinds of gummies.

But Aurora Sky was 800,000 sq ft of production capacity. They were claiming 100,000 kg per year. In the last quarter, Aurora sold 9,722 kg (dunno if that includes all LLC’s or not).

Tom

Some of the one billion dollar loss was in acquiring intellectual property from companies in legal US states.

And a) vastly underestimating the quality of Cannabis that Canadians wanted b) overestimating the price we would pay. At the beginning of legalization, Aurora Cannabis was what I would call bottom shelf/bargain buds in Colorado (sorry, no other place for comparison).

Some companies recognize that their supply chain may have issues and started including humidity control packs.

Funny that someone spending $ would want quality.

Tom

I've heard not one compliment of legal Canadian weed and about a thousand complaints. That couldnt have helped.