• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc How do you know that a drug is abuse-deterrent formulation (ADF)?

supersonic89

Bluelighter
Hi Bluelighters!!

How do you know when a pill an is ADF? I know it should probably say so or maybe there is some excipient in the drug?

I have a few Tapentadol pills that I am suspecting are ADF.

A good example of an anti-abuse formuation of a opioid is the gelling agent in some Oxymorphone tablets.

Another example is the new Oxycontin pills being un-smashable unless special techniques are used.

One last example is Vyvance, literally bound to a amino acid so that it cant be active until the amino acid is metabolized out of the chemical structure. This is rate-limited so at a certain dose threshold the effects dont get stronger, and the duration just gets alot longer.

As you can see, there are many many different ways to prevent abuse of prescription drugs. I can however help you, there should be some numbers, and maybe even letters on the pill. Tell me them, and ill look up the pill and whats including inside. Ill try and see if theres anything that yells "Anti-Abuse".

Get back to me when you can, and ill do my best to help!

:)

A good example of an anti-abuse formuation of a opioid is the gelling agent in some Oxymorphone tablets.

Another example is the new Oxycontin pills being un-smashable unless special techniques are used.

One last example is Vyvance, literally bound to a amino acid so that it cant be active until the amino acid is metabolized out of the chemical structure. This is rate-limited so at a certain dose threshold the effects dont get stronger, and the duration just gets alot longer.

As you can see, there are many many different ways to prevent abuse of prescription drugs. I can however help you, there should be some numbers, and maybe even letters on the pill. Tell me them, and ill look up the pill and whats including inside. Ill try and see if theres anything that yells "Anti-Abuse".

Get back to me when you can, and ill do my best to help!

:)

Hi bro sorry for the late response.

The composition of the tablet (except tapentadol) are: hypromellose, silified microstalin cellulose, magnesium stearate, lactose monohydrate, talc, macrogol, propylene glycol and titanium dioxose (e 171).

At least nowhere does it tell me something that indicates an ADF formulation.

Hi Bluelighters!!

How do you know when a pill an is ADF? I know it should probably say so or maybe there is some excipient in the drug?

I have a few Tapentadol pills that I am suspecting are ADF.
When you put them in water and they remain like a gel blob. If they're crushable they just dissolve like powder.
Abuse-proof stuff is also hard to crush.

Hi bro sorry for the late response.

The composition of the tablet (except tapentadol) are: hypromellose, silified microstalin cellulose, magnesium stearate, lactose monohydrate, talc, macrogol, propylene glycol and titanium dioxose (e 171).

At least nowhere does it tell me something that indicates an ADF formulation.
Iirc. Mitrostalin cellulose is a anti-abuse thing. Think its a gelling agent maybe