• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

How do you know if your pill contains PMA?

9mmAustralia

Greenlighter
I know some pills out there have MDxx and PMA in it too but if test is done it will show up as normal Black/Purple colour for MDxx.Anyone have experience with PMA? What are the symptoms if your pill has some in itI head very bad news about it how it's caused all these deaths. I gonna try my first pill soon so i really don't have any experience in pills.

a quick google search shows that Marquis does not react with PMA that's why it'll show up as a normal color. other reagents such as Mandelin and Mecke do react though, so PERHAPS the reaction might be a funky. you wouldn't be able to tell if you have no experience with testing pills though.

are there MDMA pills tainted with PMA out there? it doesn't make much sense though since i guess PMA was an attempt to synth an MDMA substitute from an uncontrolled precursor. so if you could press a pill with MDMA, why the hell would you add PMA to it? it would kill your customers. if you wanted to scam people you could just make fake pills...

anyway, reagent test and look up your pill on ecstasydata and pillreports. is PMA still around though??? i guess once everyone realized it died off? i could be wrong though...

Yeah dude, if you get a full test kit one of the reagents in it will react to PMA and PMMA, as well as a full list of other adulterants. Should be pretty easy to find on the net, hell I'll even do it for you...
https://dancesafe.org/testing-kit-instructions/
and yeah, like neurotic said, don't think it really exists in pills anymore. It'd be a bad business model to kill your customers. In my experience, it's a pretty rare adulterant. But yeah, should be fine brother. Maybe check Pillreports and see if you can track down what you're buying if you're really worried.

Last edited:
Yeah dude, if you get a full test kit one of the reagents in it will react to PMA and PMMA, as well as a full list of other adulterants. Should be pretty easy to find on the net, hell I'll even do it for you...
https://dancesafe.org/testing-kit-instructions/
and yeah, like neurotic said, don't think it really exists in pills anymore. It'd be a bad business model to kill your customers. In my experience, it's a pretty rare adulterant. But yeah, should be fine brother. Maybe check Pillreports and see if you can track down what you're buying if you're really worried.

Just to add. Spotting a pure PMA / PMMA pill is easily done with a test kit using marquis, mandelin, mecke, Simons and robatest.

Spotting PMA / PMMA with MDMA becomes tough as the MDMA will usually hide the presence. However as pointed out the blended MDMA + PMA / PMMA is very rare. Their is actual no point in making a blended pill unless your sole purpose is to murder so they are rare but they DO exist. IE PMA /PMMA on its own is pretty rough as an experience but the toxicity combined with MDMA puts you in a bad place a lot quicker.

This is why all advice states - if you take a pill don't redose if you find the effects low or take a long time to come on. Also never mix pills especially if one appears inactive (PMA is known to be long come up plus a fine line between ok and A and E). If it's bunk don't do another one. Although it is staggering how many stories even on here you read of peeps doing it!

And unfortunately PMA / PMMA does EXIST. Commonly it is created simply as a low cost and its easy to find the precursor.

There are theories that PM compounds are created by new manufacturers testing their equipment. IE PM uses the same type of process as MD so before you waste lots of expensive PMK or sass you first run PMA to make sure it works. Then the mudering scumbag assholes sell the product rather than ditching it.

I also believe, but I'm not sure, that a marquis test that contains both MDMA and PM(M)A will react differently to a straight MDMA reaction. That is, since PMMA doesn't react with the reagents the response will be a less solid dark purple/black response with patches of little reactivity. I'm not certain about this though. Safest way is to do a full run of tests which can properly identify PM(M)A.

It's more likely you'll have a PMA/PMMA pill 'adulterated' with a little bit of MDxx in order to trick the marquis test. Utilising the other kits (mandelin, mecke, etc) can distinguish the presence of PMA/PMMA from the MDxx, however it would potentially still require an experienced user/tester to pick the difference in the reagent reaction.

PMA pills smell like anise.

HR warning - do not EVER ingest or attempt to quantify any drug based on smell testing.

Smell is absolutely irrelevant and has no qualitative value on the purity or identification of an illicit narcotic.

PMA pills smell like anise.
That was once what they said about pure MDMA pills, that they smelled like anise, so like undertheboa already said, this is a very bad way to identify what's in your pill, it tells you absolutely nothing

The scent has faded a lot, but what remains of my tested MDMA stash still smells like anise. So as above, smell tells you dick all unfortunately