• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

How do you know how socially awkward you are?

From your post you seem like a very likable guy, I am a bit socially awkward because I really do not like people. Most of the people I deal with are more acquaintances then anything else. It is hard for me to trust people and I only give them 1 chance to fuck me and that it, I rarely forgive anyone because when someone fucks you once they will do it again, this is my life's experience anyway.

bitter as fuck

surely you get a feeling off people and use that.

there are people i know wouldn't fuck me over and those i think are somewhere in the middle so you dont give them the opportunity to take the piss and then there are people who you know will rob you blind the moment you close your eyes (i dont keep these people in my life ever).

when you begin with "i don't like people" then you give out a negative vibe and you wont attract nice people. if i sensed your attitude i would steer well clear of you and i'm a nice person who is helpful etc. but i'm not a mug and i always trust my gut

pofacedhoe, I do not mean to be bitter but that is how my journey has been led. I am very nice and considerate to everyone but I do go out of my way to avoid people as well. I am at a time in my life where I do not need people in my life to exist and I am very happy how my life has been filled so far. People are not like they use to be 40yrs ago and they are getting worse and it will remain to get worse as humanity moves forward into the future. Everyday you hear of killings and shootings so much different then in the past and there is no getting better that I can forsee. It is inevitable for humans. I just like to get my mother through this as safe as possible, she is 84 now and it is a dangerous world for seniors. It being obvious we have lived different lives and you thinking my way is delusional maybe; doesn't make me a bad person.

Shooting, killings and violent crime has gone down in the past 30 years. I'm pretty sure that hearing about so many more shootings and murders is more related to the media and what they choose to show and how they choose to portray it.

There is definitely something to be said about your disposition towards other people. If you are constantly on guard and very closed, it will be quite hard to actually connect with others. People tend to decide whether or not they trust you within seconds of meeting you. If you have an inward disposition, are awkward and guarded then people aren't going to feel like they can communicate with you or feel comfortable themselves. I find it incredibly hard to be comfortable and open, often only able to mutter words with a straight disaffected face with a really terrible nervous laughter. It feels like I just can't open up and be stimulated by conversation or inspired to converse and connect with people unless I have known them for quite awhile. Drugs used to help me get past that and just not care and now when I am trying to quit them it's been an insane struggle but I will get it at some point. Drug use can hinder social development, as can isolation.

Many times people can get a gut feeling or sense an "energy" and be wrong. Sometimes when someone is unsure of themselves or closed off and guarded it can be a defense mechanism and they can be struggling and it comes from fear and not necessarily ill intentions but it can come off as that and people often have no choice but to percieve you as at the very least "off". Many times I have encountered really social, personable human beings and they seem to be friendly and trustworthy but these are the people who have been the most damaging to me. I think they sense desperation and lonliness, weakness and they exploit it. I have completely trusted the wrong people many times and it's made it really hard to try to move forward. I have also been in positions where people trusted me and I let them down and I guess the important part of this is to embrace empathy and not let it ruin you, not to let it make you embittered and unable to make new friends or enjoy life.

Read one paragraph

Decided social awkwardness rating was 11/10

Laughed at you hard

Stopped reading\

*joking*